Shortest transfer rumour ever

Guest Eduardo

Guest Eduardo
ARSENE WENGER is close to sealing a £5million deal for Serbian midfield ace Zdravko Kuzmanovic.The Arsenal boss heads a pack chasing the Fiorentina star, 20, with Newcastle among many other clubs on his tail.Kuzmanovic, who holds a Swiss passport, signed from Basel for around £2million a year back.Gunners representatives are understood to have flown out already to meet officials of the Italian club to thrash out a deal.
The Sun newspaper claimed early on Wednesday that a representative from the London club was already in Florence to thrash out a £5 million deal for the 20-year-old Serbian midfielder, but his representative insists that it is nothing more than media speculation. "It's a novelty even for myself at this stage in the market," scoffed Naletilic."As Kuzmanovic's agent, I think that if there was really such an offer, I would have been informed."I might add that the valuation of the player is much, much higher," he continued, before saying that he doubts very much that Fiorentina would be willing to sell the player in the first place.Kuzmanovic arrived in Florence from FC Basel in January 2007, and has emerged as a real star of Fiorentina's midfield with some excellent peformances both in the Serie A and Uefa Cup.