Gallas - "It's great to see my Chelsea friends, I don't have any at Arsenal"

Sinister

It's great to see my Chelsea friends, I don't have any at Arsenal - Gunners captain Gallas's surprise admissionBy IAN LADYMAN - More by this author » Last updated at 23:38pm on 25th March 2008Arsenal captain William Gallas has made the remarkable claim that he has no true friends within Arsene Wenger's squad and admitted that he is an awe of former Chelsea team-mate John Terry.Gallas hopes to be in the France team to face England in Paris tomorrow night and will renew acquaintances with Terry, Joe Cole and Frank Lampard just days after Chelsea ended Arsenal's Barclays Premier League title hopes with a 2-1 win at Stamford Bridge.GallasTerry_468x559.jpgOld friends: Terry and Gallas embrace after Chelsea's victory over the GunnersAsked by a French newspaper who his mates were at Arsenal, Gallas said: "Mates? Well, they are more like acquaintances. At Arsenal there is Theo Walcott but he is very young."Really, it's the guys at Chelsea like Frank Lampard, John Terry, Wayne Bridge and Joe Cole. It always gives me pleasure to see them again."We all have our own lives but when we see each other - especially Terry - we always like to spend some time talking together."After all, I spent five years by their sides. There is always something between us. John Terry in particular. I like his mentality. He is a real warrior."In fact he is an example to me even though he is much younger than me." Gallas' peculiar reaction could possibly be explained by a suggestion that he understood the question to refer to English mates at Arsenal.Either way, his comments are unlikely to go down well at the Emirates Stadium.Meanwhile the central defender also made it clear just how important tonight's friendly match is to the French team.Gallas said: "Matches with France are always very important and this is England so it's even more important. The stadium will be full."This is more than simply a friendly as for some players there is always extra motivation against England."We appreciate each other as players but at the same time we want to show that we are better than them." http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...in_page_id=1779SMH @ this clown