Name and shame

Trane

Round ere we have a section in the newspaper dedicated to naming and shaming all residence who recently received convictions for crimes. It has their full name, address, what they were convicted of, and the sentence/punishment they received.Would that go SOME WAY in reducing crime in London?Either because the person doesnt want others knowing they got caught for something, or they dont want their addresses made public, but for whatever reason, would it work at all?

Guest Cousin Of Sleep
Certain peoples families would be getting moved too.Crime increase.
LOL. But then if you know there are people who want to move to your family, wouldnt you avoid criminal activities so that your address doesnt get published?Just throwing it out there.
Fam that wasnt even me, twas lemonguy.However, fear of public retributution should not be the main reason not to commit crime.

Round ere we have a section in the newspaper dedicated to naming and shaming all residence who recently received convictions for crimes. It has their full name, address, what they were convicted of, and the sentence/punishment they received.Would that go SOME WAY in reducing crime in London?Either because the person doesnt want others knowing they got caught for something, or they dont want their addresses made public, but for whatever reason, would it work at all?
It might affect maybe 0.0001% of criminals

Certain peoples families would be getting moved too.Crime increase.
LOL. But then if you know there are people who want to move to your family, wouldnt you avoid criminal activities so that your address doesnt get published?Just throwing it out there.
Fam that wasnt even me, twas lemonguy.However, fear of public retributution should not be the main reason not to commit crime.
laugh.gif Your asking for trouble giving Lemonguy your account details. Nar, obviously its not going to be the MAIN reason or deter, and its obviously not going to be the MAIN cause of the decrease in crime, im just thinking that it might help a little. Stop a few crimes at least.

fear of public retributution should not be the main reason not to commit crime.
Naming & shaming is too late. I know for fact it won't deter certain man, it will be just stripes to the underworld.Lets tackle crime at the roots, before its committedStill, I think regardless of what measures you utilise to combat against crime, it will always exist to a degree.