Apocalypse Now

Action Dan

Probably the greatest moment in a film I've seen.f*ck*ng brilliant.Actually playing that music in the chopper when on your way to blow the sh*t out of the enemy must get you amped!Great piece of cinematography.I assume lots of you have seen it?It's such a deep film, I only watched it last night and thought it was well complex and not what I was expecting...Classic.

Then ending confused me somewhat.Does Willard leave to go and tell Kurtz's son of the atrocities he bestowed on people during his time in service? Or does he go back and lead that tribe? Guess they're the questions Coppola wanted people to ask...Either way, much more than I expected, didn't realise it was mainly about the eternal question of morality and it's subsequent conflict with war.

The ending of the movie was odd though i thoughtAllthough it showed how the geurilla tactics in the vietnam war f*cked with ya mind but if you didnt know that it sent soldiers crazy etc before ya watched the movie then i can see it making you confused or thinking the ending was corny or far fetched or somethin

Most over-rated "war" movie ever.
It's not a war film.It's a story about a man battling with his own mind, set in Vietnam and about the insanity war can cause.True say the movie goes down hill as soon as Brando is found but I enjoyed the mystery and the build up.Other films covered that war in more detail, this wasn't about that.Maybe you need to watch it again?

Silly bimbo.I mean, after the first 20mins which were ok/good, the film then slowly bored me.
I was confused by it thinking there wasn't much action... but realised that wasn't what it was about.Psycological drama set in Vietnam.My favourite bit is the attack on the beaches though in the choppers, f*ck*ng immense.

They tried too much imo, to be different from all the war movies before it and coming out at the same time as it. By adding all the physiological elements, the human race's battle with their own mind when they are in a situation that is totally alien to them and that bullshit.I liked it to an extent, but if you look at Platoon and Hamburger Hill, deep movies just as this, but this gets the plaudits.

film is mad eerie, one of my favourites, lol at saying its boring... not seriousthe scene when they reach that bridge being attacked by Viet Cong, and bare guys are jus sitting around playing cards and listeneing to Hendrix, no other film highlights the mess that was the Viet Nam war better IMOPlatoon is f*ck*ng fantastic but if you fancy something a little less hollywood this is itFull Metal Jacket aint on either of these films levels IMO, for starters there isnt even a decent plotline to follow, no GREAT characters apart from the drill sergeant etc

TBHHot Shots Part Deux >>>> ______________Seriously though...I don't think films have to be compared, even if set in the same era or war.You must have expected something else from Apocalypse Now, like I did, but I still thought it was a film that made me think (and prevented me from f*ck*ng sleeping cos I was thinking too much).