Execution.

Guest Esquilax

Is execution right?  

1. 1. Is the execution of criminals morally sound?

• No.
    • Yes.
    • I'm not sure.

Guest Cousin Of Sleep
If someone killed my mother, them dying wouldnt make me feel better about the situation what so ever. The death penalty is wrong in EVERY single situation.Theres absolutely no advantage to it whatsoever. In any situation.
You cant really say that till yuor mum is murdered, no one can 100 % say what they will feel.
laugh.gif You cant run a legal system according to how the victim of the crime would feel, then set a suitable punishment to make the perpetrator feel the same as them. Its totally illogic, nonsensical and immoral. The death penalty is NOT there to deter people, it does nothing of the sort.
yeah DEADMaybe it should be to deter ppl, might make a few ppl thinkThere is no punishment that is severe enough for someone who has taken ur 4 year old kid for gianna and banged them
rofl llook at countries where they have disgusting prisons & death sentances.IS there a low crime rate in brazil, US, anywhere else? No.Fear of death is not a deterrent, if anything it makes people MORE determined not to get caught, so people would be clapping at police etc.If someoen rapes a 4 year old, they clearly have somethign very very very wrong with their mind, and I cant see that it is fair to kill someone who is not sane & does not realise the consequences of their actions.So, a home is them.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cousin Of Sleep
You cant run a legal system according to how the victim of the crime would feel, then set a suitable punishment to make the perpetrator feel the same as them.
Exactly, why dont peopel see this?You cannot be biased with the law, simple as.So you DONT think of it as What if someoen killed your mom.You think of it as, 'What is the appropriate punishment for the specific crime & the circumstances that lead to it happening'
And you suggestion is hard labour, sory that is not good enough
LOl man stop sayin that.I didnt suggest it, someoen mentioned it before me & I said i kinda agree with it for sh*t like drink driving etc, fix back up the community you have helped to f*ck up.But even so, if they are goign to be in prison doing nothing, might aswell build a school.Turn something negative into soemthign positive.

If someone killed my mother, them dying wouldnt make me feel better about the situation what so ever. The death penalty is wrong in EVERY single situation.Theres absolutely no advantage to it whatsoever. In any situation.
You cant really say that till yuor mum is murdered, no one can 100 % say what they will feel.
laugh.gif You cant run a legal system according to how the victim of the crime would feel, then set a suitable punishment to make the perpetrator feel the same as them. Its totally illogic, nonsensical and immoral. The death penalty is NOT there to deter people, it does nothing of the sort.
yeah DEADMaybe it should be to deter ppl, might make a few ppl thinkThere is no punishment that is severe enough for someone who has taken ur 4 year old kid for gianna and banged them
rofl llook at countries where they have disgusting prisons & death sentances.IS there a low crime rate in brazil, US, anywhere else? No.Fear of death is not a deterrent, if anything it makes people MORE determined not to get caught, so people would be clapping at police etc.If someoen rapes a 4 year old, they clearly have somethign very very very wrong with their mind, and I cant see that it is fair to kill someone who is not sane & does not realise the consequences of their actions.So, a home is them.
Its all easy 2 say this, but i am very sure you will not want them in a "home"The crux of this topis is 2 find out what the punshiment should be.IMO there is not other alternative than death for murder and child rape

Exactly. I swear, people who defend the death penalty always come with the weirdest arguments ever.

not about the state goin on like some glorified vigilante mob in 08every sane human being has the capacity for remorse llow sending man to certain deathlol @ the killing family members talk if someone murders my fam i murder them and expect to face the consequences normal
There is a justice system in place for a reason. you cant decide the law based on raw emotions, it is irrational and gets you nowhere.
You cant run a legal system according to how the victim of the crime would feel, then set a suitable punishment to make the perpetrator feel the same as them. Its totally illogic, nonsensical and immoral. The death penalty is NOT there to deter people, it does nothing of the sort.
c/s

Guest Cousin Of Sleep
Its all easy 2 say this, but i am very sure you will not want them in a "home"The crux of this topis is 2 find out what the punshiment should be.IMO there is not other alternative than death for murder and child rape
True, but it isnt all about what people want, it is about what the right thing is.Often what yu want and what is right do not correspond.

Guest Cousin Of Sleep
As ive said before its all easy to say when its not happened 2 us. And even as a memeber of Jury you would be disgusted by this act and would prob want the worst for the person.Like the jury members dont think "well if they done this to my family"
Yeh but you cant think of it from a biased position when makign decisions regarding another persons life.Dont take the corrupt state of the JS in this country as a model standard, cuz it isnt, but the extreme opposite isnt either.

Once you have killed the criminal, how does that help society. "Violence only begets violence"
Removal of the murdering scum, as opossed to the famly members PAYING for him to stay alive, while playing xbox in his cell
Well if your problem is that they dont get a hard enough time in prison, surely you call for tougher prisons not death. so you make one family happy, and portray to the rest of society that an eye for an eye mentality is right.

As ive said before its all easy to say when its not happened 2 us. And even as a memeber of Jury you would be disgusted by this act and would prob want the worst for the person.Like the jury members dont think "well if they done this to my family"
What sort of f*ck*ng knob thinks its easy to say when it hasnt happened to you so therefore we must hand out the harshest punishment we can ever find just incase the victims family want revenge. Seriously, are you joking?Also, like I said before, what happens to Mr Killers mother? Is it fair she has to go through EXACTLY what your going through merely for her sons actions?You havnt thought this through have you?

What sort of f*ck*ng knob thinks its easy to say when it hasnt happened to you so therefore we must hand out the harshest punishment we can ever find just incase the victims family want revenge. Seriously, are you joking?Also, like I said before, what happens to Mr Killers mother? Is it fair she has to go through EXACTLY what your going through merely for her sons actions?You havnt thought this through have you?
Its a naturual reaction so I am basing it on that, calm down with the colourful languageThey can blame their murderer for the grief, they would prob agree with it anyway

Guest Radio
And look at all the people wrongly convicted of crimes who later get set free on appeals
look at the ones who come out early and murder again
Then they should get longer sentacing, that doesnt mean they should die, that's not a valid retort to my comment laugh.gif