T.I. - 1 year of time

shaian

T.I. Enters guilty pleaAnd only signs for a year Icon_eek Thats a hellified legal team. http://www.statesman.com/news/content/sh...ested.htmlATLANTA — Rapper T.I. was expected to plead guilty Thursday to federal weapons charges and will face prison time, according to two people familiar with his case.The 27-year-old singer, whose real name is Clifford Harris, was expected to be sentenced to 1,500 hours of community service talking to youth groups around the country, followed by about 12 months in prison, according to two people familiar with the negotiations who spoke on condition of anonymity because the plea deal had not been finalized yet Thursday morning.His prison time could be increased or reduced, depending on his fulfillment of the terms of the deal and good behavior, the two people familiar with the negotiations said. His talks to youth groups are supposed to be about the pitfalls of guns, gangs and drugs.The U.S. Attorney in Atlanta announced a change-of-plea hearing was scheduled Thursday afternoon at the federal courthouse. Prosecution officials were expected to speak to the media after the hearing.U.S. District Judge Charles Pannell Jr. must approve the deal.Harris was arrested Oct. 13, just blocks away and hours before he was to headline the BET Hip-Hop Awards in Atlanta.He was charged with possession of unregistered machine guns and silencers, as well as possession of firearms by a convicted felon. He faced a maximum of 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine for each count.Harris was allegedly trying to buy unregistered machine guns and silencers. He initially pleaded not guilty, and has been under house arrest since he was released on $3 million bond Oct. 26.Harris, co-CEO of Grand Hustle Records, grew up in Atlanta. His first taste of success came with his 2003 album, "Trap Muzik." In 2004, warrants were issued for his arrest on probation violations for a drug conviction, and he was sentenced to three years behind bars.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Smell Of Death

the amount of P's he musta splashed for them is sicbut i dnt see how them lawyers do things lower priced ones cantdo they read next laws or wot?

T.I. (real name Clifford Harris, Jr.) has officially entered a plea of guilty to the charges he faced of possessing unregistered machine guns and silencers (two counts), and possessing firearms after having been convicted of a felony (one count)."While I'm not looking forward to being incarcerated, I have a long road of redemption to travel," T.I. said, reading a statement outside the Atlanta federal courthouse. "I am dedicated and committed to that."The self-proclaimed “King of the South,” will be sentenced on these charges a year from today on March 27, 2009. If he abides by the conditions of his plea agreement he will be sentenced a year from now to one year plus one day in federal prison. He was originally facing a maximum of 10 years in prison and quarter-million dollar fines for each count against him.Today, T.I. was fined just $100,000.Per the reported terms of T.I.’s plea agreement he must perform 1,000 hours of community service, which will include speaking to "at-risk young people," promoting respect for law enforcement, opposing violence, illegal and reckless use of firearms, illegal drugs and gang activity.If T.I. chooses not to complete his community service obligations, U.S. District Court Judge Charles Pannell Jr. could impose a harsher sentence than one year of incarceration, to the tune of 57 months in prison and up to 97 months if the judge determines T.I. has not accepted responsibility for his actions.According to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the platinum superstar did not make any statements during the hearing, only offering polite "yes" and "no" replies to the judge's questions in addition to admitting to the judge that he was indeed guilty of the charges against him.Until his sentencing T.I. will remain under monitored home confinement, where he has been since he was released on $3 million bond on October 26th to await trial, and only allowed a reprieve from once to attend church service on Easter Sunday.After T.I.’s change-of-plea hearing today and subsequent sentencing he will still be eligible for a reduced commitment to the court if he fulfills the terms of this agreement and maintains good behavior while incarcerated. Because his sentence is technically longer than one year, he is eligible to earn 15 percent time off for good behavior.T.I. had reportedly been working on his sixth solo album, Paper Trail, while on home incarceration. No word has surfaced yet on the current status of that recording.The Co-CEO of Grand Hustle Records was also reportedly getting set to executive produce a reality television show surrounding the life of Los Angeles based recording artist Mars.T.I.’s lead attorney, Dwight L. Thomas, could not be reached for comment as of press time regarding today’s proceedings or any of his client’s future plans.
So gully, wont even do the year...

ida#ndaadajew jew jew jew unittttt

got some near o.j legal team. . .
fam, swear he had 2 lawyers that worked on OJ's casebut boy1 year and 1 day, so he can do about 2-4 months in a comfy prisonNICEneeds to get back to the money quick though cos he owes his lawyers, the court and possibly the judge ALOT

Hopefully his next album is as hot as his Superstar remix verse now that he has some inspiration.Atlantic (or whoever hes signed to) helped put up money, somehow, someway. No way where they gonna let their biggest superstar go down for that long, ya mud?