Well done Leona

Mr. Gayle

X-Factor winner Leona Lewis has achieved what no British woman has been able to for more than 20 years and reached the top of the American singles chart.Leona Lewis: following in the footsteps of Kim Wilde Her song Bleeding Love reached the top spot after three weeks on the Billboard Hot 100, having entered at number 85, and moved up to number eight last week. The last British woman to reach the coveted number one spot in the US charts was Kim Wilde in 1987 with a cover of The Supremes song You Keep Me Hanging On. The 22-year-old Londoner, who won the X-Factor talent show in 2006 and is managed by the show’s creator and judge Simon Cowell, appeared on Oprah Winfrey's talk show earlier this month to promote the single. Lewis, who has been compared to a young Whitney Houston, had already topped the charts in 10 countries with Bleeding Love, which was Britain's biggest selling single in 2007, staying at the number one spot for seven weeks. advertisementHer debut album "Spirit", due for US release on April 8, has already sold over two million copies elsewhere, according to a statement from Lewis's record label SyCo Music. However, at last year’s Brit Music Awards, she failed to take home an award, despite being nominated in four categories, including Best British Album and best British Female Solo Artist.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SKYSCRAPER
well doneim wanking to leona lewis pics as i type this
laugh.gif I don't really care that she's number 1 tbh.Not the first shite song to get to number 1, and it won't be the last.

How she did it i'll never know.Don't rate her one iota.
The 22-year-old Londoner, who won the X-Factor talent show in 2006 and is managed by the show’s creator and judge Simon Cowell, appeared on Oprah Winfrey's talk show earlier this month to promote the single.
Still she gets ratings. She used her head and took it international unlike the other "winners"

The 22-year-old Londoner, who won the X-Factor talent show in 2006 and is managed by the show’s creator and judge Simon Cowell, appeared on Oprah Winfrey's talk show earlier this month to promote the single.
Still she gets ratings. She used her head and took it international unlike the other "winners"
LOLPeople give artists too much ratings. Mentioned this achievement in a previous thread. Well done to her

Guest Radio
I doubt she had any say in the decisions, just got put in the studio and told to sing these words by simon.

Guest Tronics
That's what i mean.These days its a fast track to success and i'm not liking it.People aren't earning their stripes accordingly which is a bit of piss take for those coming up.In all honesty what has she REALLY done to warrant an appearance on Oprah?

Guest SKYSCRAPER
I doubt she had any say in the decisions, just got put in the studio and told to sing these words by simon.
Get me.Man's talking like she devised the marketing plan, directed the video & wrote the song.She has almost NOTHING to do with the song's success.

Guest Radio
That's what i mean.These days its a fast track to success and i'm not liking it.People aren't earning their stripes accordingly which is a bit of piss take for those coming up.In all honesty what has she REALLY done to warrant an appearance on Oprah?
Stop hating, she has the money to have your whole family killed tomorrow if she wanted so I'd be hittin up her myspace with "wag1 babes holla bak x" if I were you.