Is this really racist???

TF S4DK

Just looks like a big black ape kidnapping a blonde woman
:D You could say the blonde woman is Barbie.
True you could, but she isnt the focal point of the image IMO.If they could have they would have had man on the side of a building o_O
She stands out just as much as him with that f*cked up boat and hair style.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

lol @ you lotlol @ uncle tom mentionIm taking the Sean Ash stance at this, you lot making something outta nothing here.
look at the way le Bron's mouth is wide open, same way King Kong.I think the biggest clue is Gisele's pose. Its like Le Bron is guarding her, and she is helpless.i cant find any movie stills exactly like it, but here is one that has the general idea637bf637f817f2127b0ba40c07b3547f.jpg

Guest Cousin Of Sleep
voguecoverxlargekk7.jpgkingkong1.jpgAnnDarrow.jpgI'll try and find the exact picture of when he is holding ehre & roaring, you may say it is just unfortunate coincidence that this motherf*cker looks like an ape, but I think not.

Guest Cousin Of Sleep
im having a debate about it with some white folk at work. They trying to say its completely innocent SMH
lol even my white workmates sayin its in purpose.These same peopel that stuck ap ic of my boat to a kfc poster.It shows a lot O_o

:D
Upon seeing this more "civilized" image, blogger Angel from Concrete Loop asks, "Why wasn't this the cover instead of that other HORRID one?" Commenters on that site agree: "Lebron is straight up perpetuating a stereotype (that of the brutal, wild savage) that helped enslave, lynch, and murder hundreds of THOUSANDS of our black men for centuries... and I'm just supposed to be content because he made it onto "massa's" magazine?! Take that weak sh*t somewhere else," "MJ" writes. Adds "cococola72284": "This 'King Kong capturing the damsel in distress'... is offensive. Not only does this man look like an ape, but he's got this good ole prize, a white woman on his arm. There are a number of black high fashion models they could've paired him with and other shots they could've used of him. At least put him in a suit. He carries a suit VERY well." On this site, a shot of the cover prompted similar comments.

Depends how you look at it. Things like this always cause a split in opinions. I remember when that psp advert came out and bare ppl said it was racist but others said it wasnt. http://imagebin.eu/pics/9f91c3bd8deb07828bedf7acbe0d6370.jpgn people drop stuff like : alternativly the advert could be fine.its merely peoples attitude to anything that could be remotly considered racist that is making you think this. take the ad as what it is, a white person pushing a black one out the way to show the new white version of the PSP is coming out and that black is now old.read into it to much and it would become racist.I know its different but u no wot i mean

when i first looked at i just thought that it was a really bad picture of both of them so why would they use it...then i read cousin of sleeps post...made me think otherwise.dunno if its true...but the symbolic imagery is there.i was reading from that link that steele posted and its true...why didn't they use this picture?vogueey9.png

Its making headlines.LeBron James Vogue cover criticizedNEW YORK - When Vogue announced its April cover starring LeBron James and Gisele Bundchen, the magazine noted with some fanfare that James was the first black man to grace its cover.But the image is stirring up controversy, with some commentators decrying the photo as perpetuating racial stereotypes. James strikes what some see as a gorilla-like pose, baring his teeth, with one hand dribbling a ball and the other around Bundchen’s tiny waist.It’s an image some have likened to “King Kong” and Fay Wray.“It conjures up this idea of a dangerous black man,” said Tamara Walker, 29, of Philadelphia.Photographer Annie Leibovitz shot the 6-foot-9 NBA star and the 5-foot-11 Brazilian model for the cover and an inside spread. Vogue spokesman Patrick O’Connell said the magazine “sought to celebrate two superstars at the top of their game” for the magazine’s annual issue devoted to size and shape.http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-v...p&type=lgns