Fabregas ditches agent for failure to dismiss speculation...

TF S4DK

Cesc Fabregas is said to have split with his long-term agent Joseba Diaz following rows over talk of a transfer to Spain.Diaz has come under criticism in the past for failing to dismiss speculation linking the Arsenal midielder with transfers back to his native country. Fabregas was trainee at Barcelona, and his success under Arsene Wenger has fuelled the rumours linking him with Barca and Real Madrid.Real have continued to express their interest in the Spanish midfielder, only last July Diaz was forced to speak out against claims that Fabregas was moving clubs.In his statement, however, he added fuel to the fire by saying: "We would like to thank Real for the interest they have shown. President Ramon Calderon and sports director Predrag Mijatovic have been very good to us and it is the second time Real have shown an interest. Maybe they will get lucky the third time."In 2006 when Real first showed an interest in the player, Wenger responded by offering Fabregas an extension to his already long contract.On Oct 19 the Spaniard signed an eight-year deal - the longest in Premiership history. At the time he said that Arsenal's playing style, and Wenger himself were the reasons for his long-term commitment to the club.Following last summer's speculation that Fabregas would follow former Arsenal striker Thierry Henry to Spain he said: "I always knew I would stay. Especially when Thierry left. I knew it would be a very important year for me at the club."Fabregas was today returning to Arsenal after taking part in Spain's 1-0 friendly win over Italy last night.
Interesting...Wonders if certain players also in North London will follow suit.