Roy Keane Lambasts Hypocritical Managers

TF S4DK

Roy Keane has vehemently defended modern footballers against the snowballing claim that there is a lack of respect within the game.Keane was speaking after a week that has seen Ashley Cole and Javier Mascherano come under the spotlight for their dissent towards referees.John Terry was also overlooked for England captaincy – supposedly due to his treatment of officials – and every two-bob critic has raced out of the woodwork to take a swipe at ‘the modern footballer’.Keane, who was hardly whiter-than-white himself as a player, insists there are far too many hypocrites out there, insisting players have actually cleared up their act.“When they interview ex-players, they probably offer them 500 quid or a grand to slag somebody off. And they’ll come out and criticise them,” said the Sunderland boss.“But I don’t think the modern footballer is too bad I have to say.“They get compared to players of the 70s and 80s, but back then there wasn’t the media coverage there. I know players who would go out to break players’ legs. They’d hit you off the ball. Unfortunately, if you do anything now, you know a camera’s going to get you.“There’s a lot of hypocrites out there criticising the modern player. And there are a lot of managers out there who are hypocrites.“They’re saying we’ve got to respect referees but then they’re getting sent off themselves. If it’s not the manager, it’s their staff members.“I’ve been fortunate that we do not disrespect officials at this club, we can appeal or ask about a decision at the end of the game, but we don’t go around chasing them.“Credit to my players for that, there’s a lot of hypocrites out their criticising players, when they’ve done far worse themselves.”
Keane's funny about unfortunately and blatantly talking about himself!

if you think hes talking about fergie your dumbhes talking about managers and players who who slew the modern playerbut were dirty players themselves

And there are a lot of managers out there who are hypocrites.“They’re saying we’ve got to respect referees but then they’re getting sent off themselves. If it’s not the manager, it’s their staff members.
if you think hes talking about fergie your dumbhes talking about managers and players who who slew the modern playerbut were dirty players themselves
Surely thats fergie amongst others.

wernt it a chelsea coach who got sent off?