"Im tired of this bitch"

_44521441_pottinger300.jpg
A 71-year-old man has been jailed after letting his mentally ill wife starve to death while he went to the pub and visited the bookmakers. William Pottinger, known as Bill, of Weirside Court, Newtown, in Berkshire pleaded guilty to manslaughter at a hearing last month. His wife Gillian, 61, died on a flea-ridden couch in June 2006 weighing just four-and-a-half stone (28.5kg). The judge at Reading Crown Court jailed Pottinger for 18 months. Judge Christopher Tyrer described it as a "horrific" case, and said: "You allowed your wife to starve to death. "She began to significantly deteriorate from about the year 2000. "She last went outside in about 2003, she totally lost the ability to look after herself and she lay on a sofa and wasted away. Her suffering must have lasted months. "Her death was in squalid and degrading circumstances and the pain and the stress that she suffered for the months before she actually died doesn't bear thinking about." The court heard Mrs Pottinger had been suffering from a condition known as Senile Squalor Syndrome, or Diogenes, a behavioural disorder characterised by extreme self-neglect. The judge said that at any stage during the final months, Pottinger could have called for help and his wife could have been treated and recovered from her illness. He said: "From the outside world you continued your life as if nothing was wrong. "You lived alongside her day by day . . .you must have realised she was utterly incapable of doing anything for herself." The judge added it was "quite extraordinary" that an incident such as this could have happened in 21st Century Britain. 'Nasty case' After the hearing the couple's grandson, who gave his name only as Bradley-Lee, described Mrs Pottinger as a "lovely gran". In a statement, he said: "She would give you the last pound in her pocket. Why take her away from us. "Rest in peace Nan, all our thoughts are with you." Speaking after the hearing, Det Insp Rebecca Mears of Thames Valley Police welcomed the sentence and said Mrs Pottinger had been a healthy weight before she was allowed to deteriorate. She said: "It is a particularly nasty case, without a doubt this lady suffered significantly. "The situation was horrendous and the death horrific. We are pleased that justice has been done."

Guest Esquilax

like my dad told me about this eagles concert he went to the other day. some old couple were there and the woman was off her face falling asleep on the chair in front. so he keeps shaking her telling her to wake up. then he goes and gets her ANOTHER beer, which she sips drowsily, so he gives her an ultimatum type ting "IF YOU DONT WAKE UP IM LEAVING YOU HERE". so she continued to drift in and out so he just got up and left. half hour or so later she wakes up, no idea where she is, and gets up and leaves. crazy niggasEDIT: when i say he, i mean the husband not my dad