Wenger - Adebayor maybe needs a breather

TF S4DK

Arsène Wenger has hinted that he may rest Emmanuel Adebayor for the trip to Bolton on Saturday.The Togolese striker has been the mainstay of the Arsenal attack this season. He has featured in 29 of his side's 31 Premier League games this term scoring 19 goals in the process. However he has hit the net only once in his last eight appearances in all competitions. It came in the solitary win of that sequence - the 2-0 win in Milan. Otherwise the 24-year-old's difficult spell has coincided with the struggles of his side.With three games against Liverpool then another at Manchester United on the horizon, it is no surprise that Wenger was suggesting he might rotate Adebayor this weekend."I believe he has given a lot this year and so he would need a little breather, maybe," said the manager. "He has played a lot on his own up front and has had to fight very hard. So at the moment, to refresh him a bit would do him some good."He has not scored recently but then, as a team, we have made less chances. Also physically he was a bit jaded because he has played in nearly every single game since the start of the season."He is an important player in our squad. But I have Bendtner there and I have van Persie coming back."