Can someone define Indie Please

DJ Stashman

The smiths .... proepr indie
OH MY GOD SPUD ME RIGHT IN MY FACEThis Charming ManHow Soon Is NowA Light That Will Never Go OutHatful of Hollow + The Smiths + The Queen is deadbut their biggest tune atleast to me is Accept Yourself, listen to it every morning.And yah Nirvana is grunge, indie isn't a type of music tbh, just a type of label, but if i could classify it as something it would be white boys with guitars (hold tight John Peel)

lol at anyone thinking indie is soft rockNirvana was indie
Nirvana was grunge
Still falls under the same umbrella termSame way Pixies, Pulp, Blur, White Stripes are all indie while obviously falling under different categories in that genre

Nirvana was grunge
Still falls under the same umbrella termSame way Pixies, Pulp, Blur, White Stripes are all indie while obviously falling under different categories in that genre
Nirvana were at Sub Pop then signed to a major, I get what you're saying but you're tryna use the term indie as an umbrella for everything in the same vein the way emo is bandied around.Blur - Britpop, AlternativePixies - AlternativeWhite Stripes - Garage rockbut yes they're all chucked under the indie umbrella, it's lazy journalism more than anything, I don't mind it cause it covers alot, but semmways Kate Nash is called indie and her music is nothing like Bloc Partys. You see what I'm saying.And for the record the music they're calling indie these days isa) not independent:D so stagnant and samey sameyI'm waiting for this indie wave to die out seriously.

Nirvana was grunge
Nirvana were at Sub Pop then signed to a major, I get what you're saying but you're tryna use the term indie as an umbrella for everything in the same vein the way emo is bandied around.Blur - Britpop, AlternativePixies - AlternativeWhite Stripes - Garage rockbut yes they're all chucked under the indie umbrella, it's lazy journalism more than anything, I don't mind it cause it covers alot, but semmways Kate Nash is called indie and her music is nothing like Bloc Partys. You see what I'm saying.And for the record the music they're calling indie these days isa) not independent:D so stagnant and samey sameyI'm waiting for this indie wave to die out seriously.
Yeah I agree with yaBut the nirvana/pixies thing is something I throw at people who think indie is some revolutionary new genre and that there's a specific sound to it