Sign in to follow this  
YFSD

Swimming

I was just wondering what this does for you again?I'm an unfit f*cker at the moment and this along with jogging is my best option atm.I think when I was bang on gym I remember reading that this does basically nothing for you.Any help?

Yeah been reading up on this on a few forums, some say yay some say nayYou would have to do some serious time in the pool for some weight loss, so dont stop doing other types of cardio

Guest Smokey

My music teacher lost BARE weight from swimming 4 times a week

My only thought is that to lose fat, your temp needs 2 be raised, but how will this happen in water, you dont get that hotI dont think you can rely on swimming for fast loss alone

Guest Smokey
My only thought is that to lose fat, your temp needs 2 be raised, but how will this happen in water, you dont get that hotI dont think you can rely on swimming for fast loss alone
Well your burning calories alie

i don't know bot swimming, but i think cycling is good for overall fitnessbut i mean like on a bike outside kinda thing...

if your cutting swim as much as you can i remember when i was a teenager all i done was swimming before i was gyming and i was ripped....

Not even weight loss just for cardio.Can't even run 100m nowadays. Go no stamina at all.So will this basically get me fit?

Ive just started swimming. Its f*ck*ng tiring, I can barely do 10-15 lengths at the moment. Definately good for improving overall fitness.

Most effective form of excercise.You will get toned, more stamina and better breath control. Weight loss will occurr over time if you stick with it.