Sign in to follow this  
Grafter

Pirate Radio

before i came up north, i used to listen to bassline (marky marks talk show, dj yardy, 3 wise men, and dem guys that read the bible and stuff on sunday mornins)used to listen to delight back in the day, flashback in the common room, deja if i could get it which was rarevibes and powerjam cos my mum had it onalso used to listen to dr x on genesis radiowhats on these days?what did u used to listen to?

hmm this topic doesnt really apply to me lolwe have like 2 pirates in glasgow which all play sh*t rave music

lol @ pirate radiohold tight channel Ukilled off pirate radio completely
this what i was thinking, even when i come back i dnt hear nothingsad still

lol @ pirate radio
Bumped into Maxi Priest last week at Goals, was chattin for a bit then I goes to him "you still go on radio?" He was like yeah course bruv - Rinse init on Sundays. I just laughed to myself, man gave me the biggest plainface ever.

Was all about Kool FM back in the dayThe telepathy advertss > _____________Slimzee SundaysNasty Crew on MondaysAlways a sick set on xmas day be it, Deja, Rinse or Mission

lol @ pirate radio
Bumped into Maxi Priest last week at Goals, was chattin for a bit then I goes to him "you still go on radio?" He was like yeah course bruv - Rinse init on Sundays. I just laughed to myself, man gave me the biggest plainface ever.
deepgoals in dagenham?

this is what im askinseems people jus listen to westwood and logan samaWHAT HAPPENED to the VIP2 internet radio station?

Listen to Ontop and couple other like Vibes for Dancehall when I'm in the car and I wanna hear some mixes. Commercial radio isnt like it was before where it neglected what was going on in the streets. They embrace it now so stations like 1Xtra are like a legal Pirate so thats what I listen to more time

on top fm
I swear that went over a year ago. Unless they've changed the frequencey.Rinse is poor these days unless your on funky house.
95.5FM, still going strong.

I dont think its dead, its just moved with the times.Rinse still has most of the big names in every scene at the mo plus is moving world wide.not a lot of pirate radio stations can actually say that.Someone said Rinse aint saying much unless ur a funky head, but dubstep & grime on there is still the biggest pull!

lol @ pirate radio
deepgoals in dagenham?
Yeah yeah

Back in the day.. Like 98-2001 times I used to lock in HARD.."that guy"MacFlexMissionFreekLike Numero said 1Xtra in particular has taken it nationwide now. Plus pirates for me was when I was too young to go to raves so was my only real way to hear the latest ish aside from tapepacks.Freeze is still on 92.7 and 99.5 for whoever asked that.

I dont think its dead, its just moved with the times.Rinse still has most of the big names in every scene at the mo plus is moving world wide.not a lot of pirate radio stations can actually say that.Someone said Rinse aint saying much unless ur a funky head, but dubstep & grime on there is still the biggest pull!
The demise of Grime has meant pirate radio has slowly become sh*t.Just look at all the hype stations back a few years ago and then look today.Times have changed for the worst.