Flamini - I want to stay

TF S4DK

Mathieu Flamini insists he wants to stay with Arsenal despite reports in France stating he had opened talks with Juventus.The Gunners are desperate to tie Flamini down to a new long-term contract, with his current agreement set to expire in the summer.A host of Europe's top clubs are reported to have made contact with Flamini, but fresh reports in France state that it is looking like a two-horse race between Arsenal and Juve.Flamini, though, insists it is Arsenal where he wants to be - although a deal is not yet imminent."I am talking with the club and we'll see what happens. But I hope to stay at Arsenal," the Frenchman told the Daily Mirror.Meanwhile, Flamini still feels Arsenal are very much in the title race, despite their recent slip-ups."We're still in the race. It's always important to believe. We have to keep going now, we have to win every game," he said."But we just have to keep going, keep working hard in training and now we know what's in front of us."He is also looking forward to the UEFA Champions League quarter-final clash with Liverpool."The games with Liverpool will be hard but we have done well against them recently and we have the spirit, the belief and the quality in this squad to win a major trophy this term," he added.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even better news...

Arsène Wenger is NOT expecting Mathieu Flamini to join Juventus.The Arsenal midfielder is out of contract in the summer and is free to talk to other clubs. However, he is also deep in discussions with Arsenal over a new deal and both sides have indicated a desire to continue his successful four-year spell.Reports on Tuesday suggested the 24-year-old had agreed a deal with the Turin giants. However, speaking at his pre-match press conference that afternoon, it seemed to be news to Wenger."No," he said defiantly. "Juventus called me and told me that they were not interested in Mathieu Flamini."

Those italian clubs are classy, they phone to say they're not interested.rate them alot.
:D Have you forgotten where Juve have been the past couple years and why?SMH.
I'm talking about how they deal with other clubs.When AC put that Message for Eduardo after his leg break, that was again classy.then theres this
Juventus have rubbished reports suggesting they are interested in Arsenal's Mathieu Flamini.Flamini has blossomed into one of the most effective midfielders in the Premier League this season but will be out of contract in the summer.There has been speculation linking the Frenchman with a move away from Emirates Stadium, and some reports have claimed that he was stalling on a new deal because of interest from Juve.However, the Serie A club's sporting director Alessio Secco has told Arsenal they are not lining up a move for Flamini."There is nothing true. He's a really good player, but we have never looked at him," Secco told the Juventus Channel."Our chief officer has contacted the Gunners to reassure them."It's a gesture that was needed considering the good relationship there must be between two big clubs like Juve and Arsenal, and that has been appreciated."
Important gestures.

Cesc Fabregas is confident that Mathieu Flamini will pen a new deal with Arsenal. The duo have forged a mighty partnership in the heart of the Gunners midfield this season. In fact in the Premier League they have missed just four games as a pair. However the Frenchman’s current deal runs out in the summer, at which point he can leave the Club for nothing. Europe’s elite are watching on intently for any developments, or lack of them. Should Flamini, who also recieved his first international cap this term, agree on a new contract he would become the third player in a short of space of time to commit to the future of Arsenal. He would join Manuel Almunia and youngster Fran Merida - a real testament to the direction the Club is going. Fabregas enjoys a good relationship with Flamini both on and off the field. He believes that despite the reported, and fully justified, interest from elsewhere, his friend’s commitment and desire to be a winner with Arsenal is evident everyday. “He [Flamini] is concentrating on the football at the moment,” Fabregas told the matchday programme. “We are still going for two titles so right now everything else is not as important. “Of course he wants to know where he will be next season but we all hope he will be with us. “He is working really hard, he is a nice guy, he wants the best for Arsenal and I know he wants to stay. He has a lot of options because he is playing amazing football, but I know he really wants to stay here and that’s the most important thing.” Fabregas even admits to giving Flamini a little nudge in the right direction: “Yes I must say I have. I keep telling him to do it quick because we need him.”

• 2 weeks later...
Arsène Wenger admits that the clock is ticking on his contract negotiations with Mathieu Flamini but he remains confident the French midfielder will sign a new deal.The 25-year-old is out of contract in the summer and has been able to speak to other clubs since January. Newspapers have linked him to a couple of the major Italian sides.Flamini and Wenger have been talking for some time but the manager has set a deadline for the end of this month. Both sides know that is approaching fast."We are getting close to yes or no," said Wenger at his pre-match press conference on Friday."He says he wants to stay and I believe him. But as long as he has not signed, for me, he is free to sign where he wants. We have set ourselves a target until the end of the month of April to finalise the situation, one way or the other."That's an absolute deadline because afterwards we have to make decisions about whether you have to move on the market because you don't have much time left."At the start of every summer, Wenger is asked about his transfer plans. Every summer he replies by emphasising the importance of stability and continuity. Nothing will change in his attitude this season but a new ruling has complicated his plans."My first target is to keep the team together," said the 58-year-old. "Of course, that's a situation I do not master completely. But we want to continue to respect our wage structure because I feel that is very important."The situation at the moment has become much more unstable with the Webster clause*. Every new rule provokes a little bit more inflation and instability because the players can always move out earlier and quicker."[The limit] was 28-years-old but I'm not convinced that that rule will resist for a long time. One day, a 26-year-old will go to court and say it's age discrimination. Why can you move out at 28 and not 26 after two years? So [that rule] will grow again. The stability inside a club will be a big problem because that can be a huge inflation factor."* The 'Webster Clause' refers to Andrew Webster of Hearts who wished to move to Wigan in 2006. The case went to the Court of Arbitration for Sport in Lausanne, they made their ruling earlier this season.As a result, "the 'Webster Case' will allow players to leave a club after three years of a longer fixed-term contract, or just two years if they are aged over 28. There are two stipulations: the player must hand in his notice in the 15 days following his club's last official match of the third season, and he may not move to a club in the same country."

Juventus will have struck fear into the heart of Arsene Wenger and Arsenal fans by formally confirming their interest in Mathieu Flamini.Speculation has surrounded the France international for some time given that his current contract expires in the summer, with Italian giants Juventus and Milan strongly linked with a player who has been in such impressive form this season.Wenger recently gave his countryman a deadline of the end of April to decide whether to accept a new deal in North London and now Juve have left The Gunners in no doubt as to the fact they have a real battle on their hands to keep the snarling midfielder.Reports in Italy claim a five-year deal, worth in the region of £3 million per season, will be offered to Flamini, and Juve director Jean-Claude Blanc has confirmed that the Frenchman is a target for the Turin club.“This is an important player who we have been chasing for some time,” said Blanc in Corriere dello Sport.“And it will have to be good to take him because many teams are interested.“In order to convince champions you need to take into account their ambitions. To get champions you have to think big.”Juventus are all-but qualified for the Champions League next season and that could hand them a distinct advantage over Milan in the battle for Flamini, as the Rossoneri are four points shy of fourth-placed Fiorentina with four games remaining in Serie A.
Arsenal chairman Peter Hill-Wood has claimed The Gunners have ‘pushed the boat out’ in a bid to persuade Mathieu Flamini to remain in North London.There is a real fear around Emirates Stadium that Flamini could head away from the club on a free transfer in the summer, with Juventus believed to be courting the French midfielder.It is believed The Gunners have offered Flamini a huge pay hike to remain with the club, but Hill-Wood is far from confident about a positive outcome."We have made what we think is a pretty generous offer and we are waiting to hear whether he will accept or not," Hill-Wood said in the Daily Star."You just don't know nowadays. You think players have a pretty good life but, somehow, someone persuades them the grass might be greener somewhere else."So I don't know the answer, all I know is we think we have pushed the boat out."