Flamini - I want to stay

TF S4DK

Juventus is the most successful team in the history of Italian football.Overall, the club have won 51 official trophies, more than any other Italian team; 40 in Italy, which is also a record,and 11 in European and world competitions.
FC Bayern Munich is a German sports club based in Munich, Bavaria. Bayern Munich is one of the most successful clubs in football history. With 2 Intercontinental Cups, 4 European Champions League titles, 1 UEFA Cup title, 1 Cup Winners' Cup title, 21 national championships, and 14 German Cups, Bayern Munich is Germany's foremost football club.
Like I said your basing it on history, European history at that.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prestige = clubs with honours in every competition of their history and to a degree a respected club history/culture.Elite = Upper class football clubs who believe they can go into any club and take, usually due to their financial muscle.The top top elite clubs combine the two. Thats why I laugh at Bayern cos Bayern aint them guys no more and Juventus wont be the same since the bribe scandal.Chelsea by there own admission wont be a top top elite club until they have a Champions League trophy in their history, but they are already in the current elite clubs due to their money and recent history and this is a club who 5 years ago where a bit of a joke. Now they go into Milan, Bayern, wherever and take, no bally.Arsenal stay in the top 5 richest clubs list. What they do with this money, I dont quite know, but clubs dont think they can run into Arsenal and take players without the player giving them the sign. Barcelona learnt that lesson first time round with Henry. Fact is if Arsenal used there p to pay their players and to show the intention they once wanted too, Arsenal would very much be a top elite club, without the European awards.

I agreePerformance on the pitch, trophy cabinet and pulling power defines an elite clubThe teams I mentioned have the above, dnt let a couple off seasons fool youDuring the last 10 years Bayern have won 18 domestic honours & the European cupJuve in th last 10 years have won 5 domestic honours, but their history and stature made me include them as an Elite club.

Arsenal stay in the top 5 richest clubs list. What they do with this money, I dont quite know, but clubs dont think they can run into Arsenal and take players without the player giving them the sign. Barcelona learnt that lesson first time round with Henry. Fact is if Arsenal used there p to pay their players and to show the intention they once wanted too, Arsenal would very much be a top elite club, without the European awards.
Juventus wer 3rd in that list the year b4They were relegated and revenue dropped (obviously), give it a couple seasons, they will be back 2 where they were in terms of stature

I'm not doubting Bayern pedigree, its just as time goes by money & respect of a league dominates players calling.Ajax are as much as a prestigious club like Bayern, just the Dutch league now is considered a lower level & finanicially inferior. Lets be honest the Premiership is increasingly look like THAT league in club football at the minute. The German & Italian leagues look like they on the decline, but Bayern & Milan are able to kinda mirage the effect as they have won the European Cup in recent years which keeps their stature up there.I would guess Flamini has been sold the dream of being a influential figure in the resurgence of Milan on European football rather than Italian football and they have the consistent European trophies to back it up.

Flamini will complete move to AC Milan this summerArsenal can confirm that Mathieu Flamini will join Italian Serie A side AC Milan on 1st July 2008 on a free transfer.Flamini (24), who joined Arsenal from Olympique Marseille in 2004, made a total of 153 appearances for the Gunners scoring eight times and has been a regular in the first team this season, making 30 appearances in the Premier League.During his time with the Club, Mathieu won an FA Cup winner’s medal in 2005 and played at full back in the team’s run to the UEFA Champions League Final in 2006.Everyone at Arsenal Football Club wishes Mathieu the best of luck for the future.