Arsenal v Liverpool (Champions League) Wed, Apr 2, 2008, 7.45pm

TF S4DK

William Gallas and Cesc Fabregas are looking forward to their upcoming three-game saga with Liverpool as Arsenal’s season heads for a make-or-break weak.The Gunners host Rafael Benitez’s men in the first leg of their Champions League encounter on Wednesday before a league clash at the same venue precedes the second leg at Anfield.Arsene Wenger’s men kept their Premier League title hopes alive with a superb comeback to beat Bolton Wanderers 3-2 on Saturday having trailed 2-0 at half-time and Gallas feels that game will stand them in great stead as they embark on their treble against The Reds."I think the confidence has been restored after a victory like this,” The Gunners’ skipper told Arsenal TV. “Maybe something has come back to us and we have to keep it."The next game is against Liverpool in another competition, but we know we can do what the boss will ask. We know it will be difficult, but we have to keep it going. We are back on track."I think we need to relax with our families and will think about the next game on Wednesday."We played with ten men and we need to relax. I go back to see my family and play with my son. I will eat the good food and everyone will be ready."Gallas hailed the influence of manager Arsene Wenger in Saturday’s comeback, saying his fellow Frenchman was inspirational at half-time. He added: “The boss said we can do it and not to give up. Congratulations to everyone because it was not easy."When you feel down you need someone who can bring you up. The boss is always positive and said we can do it. We have nothing to lose and go back on the pitch and fight. Have no regrets."We just have to think about ourselves and try to win every game. We know we are still in the race. It will not be easy to do it, but we will see what happens."Gallas’ team-mate Fabregas knows that the French defender and his back line colleagues will have a job on their hands trying to curtail Liverpool’s in-form hit-man and Fabregas' international colleague Fernando Torres.The Spanish youngster was quick to praise the impact Torres has made in England, even if he was not going to be drawn into a wager with the player on who will come out on top.Fabregas met up with Torres on international duty last week and said: “He said that he will score a goal, but I preferred to remain quiet, wait and speak later on the pitch.”The 20-year-old added in The Times: “When a player comes to England, one can doubt whether he will settle, but Torres is doing fantastically well.“In these three games we will know the outcome of our season. The Champions League is of great importance. Liverpool have made it to the final twice in the last three years and know very well how to play these type of matches.”

As far as Arsène Wenger is concerned, mental strength and matchwinners hold the key to the Champions League clash between Arsenal and Liverpool.The first leg at Emirates Stadium on Wednesday night kicks off a run of three games in seven days between the sides with a Premier League fixture in North London sandwiched between the two European games.The familiarity between Arsenal and Liverpool means the element of surprise is unlikely to play a part in the coming week. Instead, Wenger believes desire and the role of key players will be decisive. Speaking before the weekend, the Arsenal manager explained why."Against an English team the competition is always different," said Wenger. "You come back more to a formula because we know each other well."There are two things which will make the difference in that game - the quantity of the mental strengths available in the teams and how well the players who can make a decision perform. The players who can turn a game have to turn up on the night."When you play a local team in the European Cup it is a test of character. We know we can do it, but who wants it the most?"
An in-form Fernando Torres can be “extremely dangerous”, according to Arsène Wenger.The Spanish star, dubbed ‘El Nino’, arrived on Merseyside with the burden of a £20 million-plus price-tag. Far from letting it weigh him down, Torres has embraced it, registering an impressive 21 League goals so far this term.He has formed an almost telepathic relationship with midfielder Steven Gerrard, something Wenger believes has come from regular appearances at Liverpool.“Since he is back on a regular basis, he is extremely dangerous,” said Wenger, speaking before the weekend. “I believe he had quite a good start after a spell when he was in and out.“He looked to have difficulties to live with that even though he was always very fair in his statements.”In the wake of Thierry Henry’s departure to Barcelona, rumours circled that Torres could be the man to replace him in north London. Wenger, though, claims it was never on the agenda.“I rate him and we have known him for a long time,” said the Frenchman. “[but] I never tried to sign him. We were interested when he first started at Atletico Madrid but we never made any offer.”
Arsène Wenger will be perfectly happy to take the ‘Milan route’ to the Champions League Semi-Finals.Many observers thought Arsenal would be bowing out in the Knockout Round after they drew 0-0 against the holders in the first leg at Emirates Stadium. However the visitors produced a magnificent performance at the San Siro to make the Quarter-Finals, where they were drawn against Liverpool. Wenger is well aware of the ‘Anfield factor’. The passion from the Kop has caused many a side to crumble when crunch time comes in a European tie. But Wenger says 0-0 is ‘never a disappointing result at home in the first leg’. He is highly confident his side will come through and will be happy to take his chances next Tuesday on Merseyside if necessary.“We can replicate [the Milan tie] of course,” he said before the weekend games. “I felt the players believed they could do it that night.“Liverpool will be a different opponent though. They will be more rough, more edgy and difficult to penetrate. Milan was a confrontation of two similar styles where we were better. Against Liverpool we will have to win the physical battle as well. Against Milan we were almost guaranteed to win that.“Also Liverpool have 12 men in European games at home. [The atmosphere] has been a big factor in their success. They have turned many games at home.“We want to win the game [tomorrow] but 0-0 is never a disappointing result at home in the first leg because it puts the team who plays against you at home under huge pressure. They play with the idea that if they concede a goal they are out. That puts them a little bit inbetween. They think 'do we go for it or do we wait?' It gives you a good chance.”
Arsène Wenger has described the next 12 days as his "highest challenge".The Arsenal manager leads his side into a Champions League Quarter-Final first leg against Liverpool at Emirates Stadium on Wednesday night. Then, on Saturday, the same sides will play a Premier League fixture at the same venue.Arsenal visit Anfield next Tuesday in the return European rubber before visiting Premier League leaders Manchester United the following Sunday. It is a spell that, for once, cannot be overhyped."It will certainly be the highest challenge for me," said Wenger at his pre-match press conference."If you look at the next 10 days or so it will define our season because I strongly believe that we are in the title race. Our next two games in the Premier League are Liverpool and Manchester United and then, on top of that, we have two Champions League games against so this next period is vital. And the impact of the first game is also vital."
Alex Hleb and Gilberto have shaken off minor injuries and can take their places in the Arsenal squad for the Champions League Quarter-Final first leg against Liverpool at Emirates Stadium on Wednesday.The Belarus midfielder got a kick at Bolton on Saturday and the Brazilian midfielder missed that game with a groin injury. However the pair will be available in midweek. The only players unavailable to Arsène Wenger are Bacary Sagna (ankle), Tomas Rosicky (hamstring) and Eduardo (broken leg)."Alex Hleb had a bad kick at the weekend but it looks like he will be alright," said the manager at his pre-match press conference on Tuesday afternoon. "Gilberto is back in the squad. He had a groin problem before the weekend."Bacary Sagna and Tomas Rosicky are both not back. But we have not lost any players from the last game."

FOCUS ON LIVERPOOL'An away goal is the priority, not a clean sheet'Liverpool have been Premier League also-rans for longer than they'd care to remember, but Europe? That's another matter.The Merseysiders were winners in 2005, finalists in 2007 and have conquered some of the biggest names on the continent. Juventus, Milan, Inter and Barcelona have all succumbed to Rafa Benitez's tactical masterplans in recent years and even Chelsea - so dominant against the Reds in domestic football - have fallen foul of Liverpool in Europe. Arsenal have been warned.As the hype intensifies ahead of the Quarter-Final first leg at Emirates Stadium, we asked Tony Barrett of the Liverpool Echo for a Liverpool perspective of the all-English tie.Read on for his views on Liverpool's season so far, the instant impact of Fernando Torres, the other contender for player of the season, Benitez's success on the continent and why an away goal is more important than a clean sheet on Wednesday night.THE STORY SO FAR"It is a case of 'what might have been'. Liverpool had a series of draws and when you look back at the season it's those draws that have cost them more than anything else. Liverpool have only lost four games all season - including the recent defeat at Manchester United - and if they had won just three or four of the games they had drawn, they would be involved in the title race. But they have fallen short again. They have made a step forward though. For several years there has been a running joke on Merseyside that Liverpool were always looking for the final piece of the jigsaw but I think this season it's just a bit of fine tuning needed because they have a strong spine and some top players. The addition of a bit more flair on the flanks is I think what they are looking for."MAN OF THE MOMENT"The player of the season? Believe it or not it's very close. Fernando Torres has made all the headlines, he has been an absolutely wonderful signing for Liverpool. He has been a star from the first moment he pulled on a Liverpool shirt, but he's been run very close by Javier Mascherano, who will be involved on Wednesday night. Mascherano has been a breath of fresh air, his attitude has been exemplary. He obviously got it wrong when he was sent off at Manchester United, but his passion for the shirt and the team has been first class. It's between those two. If I had to choose it would be Torres but it's very close."NEW FACES"I think everyone is surprised at how quickly Torres has settled in. I've spoken to people in Spain and they are surprised too, I don't think anyone expected him to come in and do anything like as well as he has in his first season. His goals tally is fantastic but his general performance level has been very high week-in, week-out. I thought he would take time but he hit the ground running and has never looked back."Ryan Babel has also got a lot of potential, you can see there is so much talent there. At Arsenal you're well aware that you see young players come in, they have talent but you don't see it on a regular basis at first. It does take a year, even Dennis Bergkamp and Thierry Henry needed time. Babel is improving every week though and I think we'll see the best of him next season."CAUSE FOR OPTIMISM"Liverpool have an excellent record in Europe because that kind of football suits them. For me they lack a bit of pace in the Premier League, I think that is all-important in England, but it's a bit more sedate and more of a tactical battle in Europe. Benitez also has time to plan these games to the finer details and he revels in that. In the last couple of years Liverpool have won at the San Siro against Inter, they have won at the Nou Camp against Barcelona and it's a record they should rightly be proud of."CAUSE FOR CONCERN"An away goal is more important than a clean sheet - undoubtedly so. Arsenal are well capable of scoring at Anfield so Liverpool have to try and cancel that out by scoring at the Emirates. If Liverpool don't score it will be a very nervy night at Anfield next week. I'd rather they lost 2-1 than drew 0-0."TALKING TACTICS"Jermaine Pennant won't play, he's been omitted from the squad. Fabio Aurelio was missing at the weekend, he has a slight knock. Daniel Agger has been out since September, he's a big loss, he has had a metatarsal problem. They will be missing but apart from that it's pretty much a full squad so Benitez will have plenty of options on Wednesday night."I don't know if it will be that cautious. I think like in boxing, it's style which makes matches, and the reason Chelsea and Liverpool's semi-finals were so sterile and tight was because their styles were so similar. I think Liverpool and Arsenal are very different so I suspect we might get a more exciting game. I certainly hope so.IMPRESSIONS OF ARSENAL"I love watching Arsenal, I really do. Cesc Fabregas is world class, Adebayor has had a great season although he's run dry of late. You go right through the team, it oozes class and quality, they are a joy to watch. It's disappointing they've fallen away of late because for me they still play the best football in the Premier League. It's a shame they are not right on Man United's shoulders at this stage."

Kolo Toure has stoked the fires ahead of Arsenal’s Champions League quarter final with Liverpool by suggesting The Reds will be running scared of Arsene Wenger’s men.The Gunners beat Rafa Benitez’s men in three of their four meetings last season, and the pair are now readying themselves for three games against each other on the bounce.The two-legged European tie is sandwiched by a league game at Emirates Stadium and although Toure is wary, he is confident Europe’s last four beckons for his team. "It is an exciting tie," said Toure. "Last season we played them four times and we showed how strong we were - we beat them in three of those games."It is going to be really tight, we know that, but we have the quality and I think they will be scared to play against us."We need to show them that we have continued to improve and are even stronger than last season."We are used to playing against them, so we know we are in for a battle."
Kolo Toure thinks that taming Steven Gerrard is the key to Arsenal negotiating their way past Liverpool in the upcoming Champions League quarter final.Toure riled Reds fans on Monday by suggesting Rafa Benitez’s men would be running ‘scared’ when the two come face to face.The two-legged affair is sandwiched by a league game at Emirates Stadium and Toure is in no doubt who the dangerman is. "[Fernando] Torres isn't the most important, it's the team," said the Ivorian. "Gerrard is really good. If we can stop Steven Gerrard we can stop the team. If they don't have a good Steven Gerrard the game will be much easier for us."Gerrard and Torres have been playing really well with each other, the way they pass the ball and move. If you can stop Steven Gerrard, then you can stop the Liverpool team."Torres is a really good player, but if he does not have a really good Steven Gerrard, then the game will be much easier for us."Liverpool have made the Champions League final in two of the past three seasons, but Toure prefers to focus on 2006 when it was Arsenal who made it all the way."It is true they have been doing really well in the Champions League," he continued. "But for us the Champions League is really important."It would be fantastic if we could win it. We will just focus on that. We all really want to win this trophy."We have the team and have the belief. We have been to the final in 2006 and I think we can play really well and make it again."

Arsenal no longer face the prospect of being haunted by one of their former charges after Jermaine Pennant was ruled out of Wednesday’s Champions League quarter final first leg.The former Birmingham winger has been named in Tuesday’s reserve team to face Everton, confirming his absence from the trip to Emirates Stadium.Pennant has only been a fringe figure since his return from injury, but he did come off the bench as a late substitute for Fernando Torres during Sunday’s Merseyside derby. However, he has been penned in to start the mini-derby at The Stobart Stadium, meaning Yossi Benayoun will be Rafa Benitez’s preferred choice as right-sided cover for Dirk Kuyt.Meanwhile, Sami Hyypia has confirmed Liverpool will go looking for a 1-0 victory when they head for North London.The big Finn may start after he and Martin Skrtel produced impressive performances against Everton, and Hyypia knows the importance of scoring against The Gunners."Of course to score there could be important and we'll go there to win and play our game. We'll go to keep a clean sheet and get a 1-0 win,” stated the veteran defender."They are a brilliant team at keeping the ball and passing it. They have great movement and are very dangerous, but I think we have enough quality in our team to be confident of containing them."

Steven Gerrard thinks Liverpool can benefit from Arsenal's renewed title-hopes when the two sides go head-to-head in the Champions League.At one point last weekend it looked as if the Gunners were out of the chase having fallen 2-0 behind at Bolton with a man sent off. However, Arsene Wenger's men completed a remarkable comeback to win 3-2 and leave themselves just six points behind leaders Man Utd. Gerrard thinks the result can help Liverpool ahead of Wednesday's quarter-final first leg. "If Arsenal hadn't beaten Bolton, maybe they'd have only had one thing to play for this season and that could have made it more difficult for us," said the Reds captain. "But with them still having half a chance in the league, maybe that could distract them a bit. "Before the draw was made, we'd have been looking to get a team from Europe rather than another from the Premier League. "But you get what you are given and to win the European Cup you have to beat the best. "When we won it in 2005, we had to beat all the best teams to win it and I'm sure we're going to have to do that again if we want to win it this season." Liverpool were knocked out of both the League Cup and FA Cup by Wenger's men last season and have yet to win at Arsenal during Rafa Benitez's tenure. But, having reached two of the last three Champions League finals, Gerrard insists he and his teammates have the confidence to progress. "We're a good side in Europe and we're always confident no matter who we come up against that we are going to qualify," he said. "I think the other teams are more worried about us because we've proved in the last two or three years that we're one of the best teams in the competition. "We've got nothing to fear. We just need to go there and give it our best shot." Sandwiched between this week's first leg and the return at Anfield is Saturday's league clash at the Emirates. Gerrard added: "The Champions League games against Arsenal are going to be different to the league game we have there. "We found the Champions League games we had against Chelsea were different to the Premier League games, with it being a cup competition and not for three points. "But we know we are in for two really tough games." Liverpool go into the game in confident mood after opening up a five-point gap on Everton in the race for fourth with victory over their neighbours on Sunday. "It had been a difficult week, having to swallow the defeat we had at Manchester United," said Gerrard. "But Sunday was all about bouncing back and making sure we could take a positive into Wednesday's game at Arsenal. "After a big derby win the fans are happy and the players are happy. We know it will be a really tough game on Wednesday but now we will be going into the game with confidence. "Our aim now is to consolidate this fourth position and go all the way to Moscow. That's our focus."
Rafa Benitez admits it could require another defensive masterclass from his side to progress past free-flowing Arsenal in the Champions League.While Liverpool became the first team in the country to break the 100 goals barrier on Sunday, the Gunners are right behind with 98. With Emmanuel Adebayor, Cesc Fabregas, Alexander Hleb and Robin van Persie all posing a threat, Benitez believes it could take a defensive display likes those witnessed against Chelsea in 2005 and 2007 for his side to progress."The key to progressing past Arsenal will be to work really hard as a team in defence, because we will be playing against a team that is very offensive. After that it is about determination and going forward to try to win. "We have experience but if you analyse their team they have Almunia, Hleb, Toure and Adebayor. These are players with experience. Yes, they have young players in the squad, but the team that will be on the pitch has experience. I think the teams are in more or less the same situation." While wary of Arsenal's attacking potential, Benitez is confident of finding weaknesses in their 'beautiful' football. He said: "They play very offensively and it's very attractive for the supporters. These are the positive things, but when they attack and attack, they have problems in defence, but that is normal. "Our idea is to win and score. It's always important to get an away goal in this type of competition." Benitez has yet to taste victory at the Emirates, but while some would say that doesn't necessarily have to change over the next week, it's a fact the Spaniard is keen to change. Asked what would be a good result on Wednesday night, he responded: "To win, nothing else." The game will be the first of three meetings between the sides over the next six days, with the two Champions League ties sandwiching a Premier League clash on Saturday. The last league encounter between the red of north London and the red of Merseyside ended 1-1 at Anfield, a game which Benitez hopes can inspire confidence in his squad. He said: "We have some experience because we played Arsenal in the cups close together last year, and also with all the games we have played against Chelsea in the last few years – though not in the space of a week. "I think we will see three very different football matches. The two Champions League games will be different with it being home and away, and the Premier League is a very different competition. "Last time we played they were in form yet we could have won. This is really important for me because they were playing really well, yet we could have won without being at that level. "We had some problems because Fernando Torres wasn't fit and Xabi Alonso had to go off with his metatarsal." Arsenal's scorer back in October was Cesc Fabregas, a player who Benitez knows is central to Wenger's brand of football. "Everyone knows he's a key player for them," said the Anfield manager. "Arsenal signed him really young so it was difficult to look at him. If there was ever an opportunity in the market I think all the managers would look to sign a player of his quality."
Fernando Torres is confident Liverpool can build on their derby day victory on Saturday and enjoy Champions League success over Arsenal tomorrow night.Liverpool have tonight put the finishing touches to their preparations ahead of the clash with Arsene Wenger's men which will be the first of three meetings between the two teams in just over a week. Speaking at the pre-match press conference Torres - who spoke entirely in English - revealed his desire to further enhance a reputation which has blossomed during a brilliant debut season in English football. "It's an important game for us and an important game for the fans," said the 28 goal striker. "There are three games to play against Arsenal but for now we are just concentrating on tomorrow. "The most important thing for us is to win this first game and then we can look ahead to the other 180 minutes. "We have respect for Arsenal and I'm sure they have respect for us. I'm not sure they'll fear us but they will respect us. We are always strong in Europe and hopefully we can be again in this game. Torres is a certain starter at the Emirates Stadium and is set to again lead a Liverpool attack with Steven Gerrard floating just behind. With 47 goals to their name so far this season, Torres is keen to pay tribute to the Liverpool skipper for helping make his first season in England so memorable. "He's easy to play with because he's one of the best, if not the best, midfielders in the world," he said. "You always want to play with the best players in the big competitions. "I have improved already as a player at Liverpool because of my teammates and because of my manager. Since my first day here I've felt at home. "It's my best season so far in terms of scoring goals but I'm not going to set myself a target for the rest of the season. I just want to help my teammates win trophies."
Arsenal will be worried about how to stop goal machine Fernando Torres, according to Reds boss Rafa Benitez.El Nino has so far amassed 28 goals in his debut season, including four in the Champions League. Now Benitez is backing him to fire Liverpool past Arsenal and into the semi-finals of the Champions League. "Arsenal will know that Torres is on fire and is scoring goals and will be a problem for them," Benitez told a press conference at Melwood. "Fernando also knows that if we play well he will score goals, so he will work hard for the team. As this is a European competition he wants to play well and score goals. "He has a great mentality and is very competitive, but against the top sides he must be focused and have confidence in himself because against the best defenders it will be more difficult." Torres is not only bearing down on Anfield's goalscoring records, he's also out-stripping anything he achieved during his time with Atletico Madrid. Benitez puts this down to Liverpool's formation. "In Spain he was playing on his own up front. He was going to wide areas and was working hard to receive the ball and go against defenders," he said. "Here he has Steven Gerrard, Ryan Babel and Dirk Kuyt behind him, so he can play higher. That is the reason why he has scored more goals." Meanwhile, Benitez has confirmed Javier Mascherano will start at the Emirates on Wednesday after his league suspension. He said: "Javier will be available for the first leg, he will start this game. "He was playing well before the suspension and there is no doubt he will be important for us at Arsenal." Either Alvaro Arbeloa or Fabio Aurelio also looks set to return after both were rested for the Merseyside derby. Benitez said: "We wanted to protect one of them, but I will not make that decision public at the moment."

Arsène Wenger has every intention of unleashing Theo Walcott during Arsenal's trilogy with Liverpool. The Frenchman just has to decide how and when.Walcott has made 31 appearances this season, 16 of them as a substitute. The 19-year-old has five goals to his name and his reputation as an 'impact' player was enhanced at the weekend when he came off the bench to run Bolton ragged at the Reebok.The England international did his damage on the right flank on Saturday but has also made his mark in a central role. Wenger will ponder the best way to use Walcott as a vital week unfolds."Theo has made a big impact every time he's come on at the moment," said Wenger."I'll use him sometimes with him coming on. Other times I'll start with him. I will see. The first game [against Liverpool] will decide a lot."
Often, the most hyped games are the most disappointing. However Arsène Wenger believes tonight's Champions League Quarter-Final first leg with Liverpool will live up to its billing.Understandably, all-English ties always hog the domestic headlines. However, in the past, these "Battles of Britain" have been little more than cautious skirmishes, albeit packed with pressure. The last two involved Liverpool and Chelsea, with the Anfield side coming through in forgettable matches.However Wenger believes the style of his side will force a different kind of game this evening."I don't know why," he said at his pre-match press conference, "but, against us, teams are always there. We go for it and that gives the other team a response, always.“Against us, Liverpool have always had good and pacy games. I can't speak about Liverpool versus Chelsea, but Arsenal versus Liverpool have always been good games. Maybe it'll change, we'll see, but I'm not convinced."I would say it will be a British-style Champions League game for one very good reason - it is a knockout. We are on the train and we want to stay on it but somebody has to go out. Liverpool will make it tight and play on the break more than in the Premier League so every goal is so vital. The concentration is a bit higher and the intensity is higher. So I expect it to be a bit different to the Premier League."And, certainly, while the teams and the stadiums are English, the referee will be foreign."That will make it a bit different," agreed Wenger. "The Continental referees are more interventionist so sometimes the fluency of the British game can go a bit."But I don't mind who the referee is - I never spend much time before games thinking about who is the referee. I have no influence on that."

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez has heaped praise on Arsène Wenger ahead of the Champions League tie between Liverpool and Arsenal.The two have enjoyed some enthralling battles since Benitez took the helm at Anfield, with Wenger mostly coming out on top. The Frenchman has won five of the nine meetings, to his counterpart’s three.However in Europe, Benitez holds the advantage. The Spaniard ended Wenger’s Champions League hopes in 2000 while in charge at Valencia. Respect, though, between the pair remains clear."He is a fantastic manager,"said Benitez. "I think he has brought a lot of good things to Arsenal and to English football and you must respect him a lot."He knows what it takes to get to the final of the Champions League and he has experience in Europe. The players he has play with experience as well and I think it will be a good game."But does his less favourable record against Wenger bother him?"With Valencia?" Benitez joked. "You can always change statistics."
Rafa Benitez has earmarked Javier Mascherano as Liverpool's key player ahead of Wednesday?s Champions League match at Emirates Stadium.Much of the pre-match hype has focussed on the in-form pair of Fernando Torres and Steven Gerrard. However it is the tenacious Argentine that Arsenal should be wary of, according to Benitez.Mascherano recently signed a permanent deal with Liverpool but missed last weekend's Merseyside derby through suspension. His absence was palpable. The Red's struggled to assert their dominance through the middle, and, speaking yesterday, Benitez is clearly pleased to have him back."For us Javier is a key player," he said. "He was playing really well. When you play against a team that has plenty of possession it is important to have people that can work hard in midfield."

Right I think you had all the quotes now...So Adebayor...Time for him to produce IMO, he got a slight rest on Saturday... If he ain't gonna score his touch and control has to at least be onpoint. If he plays swag, we revert to tryng to pass the ball in, which Liverpool will be prepared for...

Guest Eduardo

If Adebayor and van Persie don't have their shooting boots on...If we concede an early goal...If Torres consistently out jumps Gallas and Toure...If Kuyt doesn't start...

Never happening, Walcott is not starting this one...Why do you want Senderos??? Torres will still beat him in the air and he's faster than him.Wenger would be wiser to just make sure Clichy, Eboue & Flamini win the knock downs and not Gerrard, who will shoot hard and soft vanilla hands will flop...