Sign in to follow this  
Rsonist

Are there any truly FRIGHTENING Horror movies?

I'm not talking about the gross out movies like Saw. I'm not talking about tons of blood & guts. I'm talking about those movies that seriously have an effect on you. sh*t that makes you not want to be by yourself.To be honest i'm finding myself liking more and more movies that are coming out of Japan these days. The American horror market is in a dire condition at the moment imo. Has anyone seen Audition? It's more disturbing than scray, but when i say disturbing i mean it.http://www.alternativereel.com/inclu...w.php?id=00345Add to that, Marebito and Naked Blood. The latter very, very f*cked up.Wiki link -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naked_BloodAnyone else got suggestions?

f*ck I was talking about this to someone yesterday, there are no "Actual" scary films these days their all just blood and gore. Someone drop some good ones, Im always looking to watch a good proper horror movie.

Guest Cousin Of Sleep
West Ham season review 03/04.
:D :DMan was about to say that but with Spurs =\

West Ham season review 03/04.
:D :DMan was about to say that but with Spurs =\
Yeah but with us you will have to go back a good few years for a truly AWFUL season.

Matt f*ck off with trying to ruin the thread, you had your piece of tranquility with getting all wet about Apocalyse Now, let this one run....khunt.

Guest Cousin Of Sleep

Mmm...I know its not strictly conventional Horror, but things liek Jaws.I never ever ever be shook when Im in the dark.But when Im diving off a boat, it goes through my mind.

Matt f*ck off with trying to ruin the thread, you had your piece of tranquility with getting all wet about Apocalyse Now, let this one run....khunt.
LMAOAlright alright....The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre got me shook, I aint gonna lie.

Mmm...I know its not strictly conventional Horror, but things liek Jaws.I never ever ever be shook when Im in the dark.But when Im diving off a boat, it goes through my mind.
Yeah you know what, I agree.I don't think aliens are gonna eat me, I don't think a psycho with a face mask is gonna try kill me.I do however get shook when in the sea, hearing the Jaws theme tune whilst staring into the abyss under water is quite pant quivering.

See thats the thing, you lot are too commercialized with this horror stuff.I find that psychology works much better than gore or even the suspended threat of gore for me personally. The fear needs to be psychological. Go watch some of the J-Horror movies, atmospheric and psychologicaly f*cked. They will scare you.

There was one movie i watched as a kid... the whole town blacked out and all the women were pregnant with alien babies who could read ur mind...f*cked me up couldnt sleep alone for days lool... watched it the other day and its like a cartoon to me.I can't watch horror movies

Guest Cousin Of Sleep

Dont worry Soca I'll comfort you..@Tanner, honestly, phychological tuff doesnt really scare me, not from what I've seen anyway..If you culd recommend any..?

Guest Tupac Shakur
See thats the thing, you lot are too commercialized with this horror stuff.I find that psychology works much better than gore or even the suspended threat of gore for me personally. The fear needs to be psychological. Go watch some of the J-Horror movies, atmospheric and psychologicaly f*cked. They will scare you.
Fully agreeThem psychological thrillers are the worse.Lemme check out those films you recommendedEdit - Im not watching a film with subtitles, no thanks. Any english ones?

Your missing out if you dont watch Japanese movies just cause of subtitles. Best movie market in the world at the moment.

a truly scary horror film from hollywood is like an oxymoron, there too polished and high budgeteven the zombies rockin rolexes "one missed call"? f*ck outta here bim gna check them jap ones

@Tanner, honestly, phychological tuff doesnt really scare me, not from what I've seen anyway..If you culd recommend any..?
Try the 3 Japanese movies i mentioned above, and as for a British horror try The Devil's Chair.Trailer for that -

films that have shat me up in the past are:emily rose - that scene where the boyfriend wakes up in emily's room and shes all twisted and stiff on the floorhills have eyes - its a gore movie, but its the story line thats f*cked. they didn't escape man. :Devent horizon (?) - where the guy crawls through this tunnel thing and sees his wife with no eyes. shat me up for nights.exorcist III - the scene where the old lady crawls on the ceiling.the stand - drama series that came on years ago. the dark man. more will come.