Official ViP2 Book Club

Action Dan

• 1 month later...

Half way through, The Catcher in the Rye, not what I expected at all.

Got a stack to catch up on, GOT, the Dave Pelzer books, want to read Tinker Tailor before I watch the film.

Took a couple from here too, The Five People you Meet in Heaven and Fight Club.

Should keep me busy for a while.

Got a stack to catch up on, GOT, the Dave Pelzer books, want to read Tinker Tailor before I watch the film.

I'm about 2/3 through tinker tailor, it's pretty good so far.

I tweeted has anyone sen tinker tailor yet and some c*nt tweeted me back and told me a big part of the plot, I was screwing. I checked his timeline and he was just doing it to anyone who mentioned tinker tailor the prick.

He named the character by the actor's name though so I can at least read the book without it being spoilt.

I'm about 2/3 through tinker tailor, it's pretty good so far.

I tweeted has anyone sen tinker tailor yet and some c*nt tweeted me back and told me a big part of the plot, I was screwing. I checked his timeline and he was just doing it to anyone who mentioned tinker tailor the prick.

He named the character by the actor's name though so I can at least read the book without it being spoilt.

Lool that's f*cked. I always avoid anything like that when I'm reading a book / watching a show.

Couldn't go on facebook last night before watching the last episode of Sherlock

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

wont bother putting this in eden cause it aint really techy tech

Amazon announces $119 Kindle Paperwhite with illuminated, capacitive touch display

amazonevent0052-600.jpg

Have you been enviously eyeing the self-illuminating screen on the Nook SimpleTouch with GlowLight, but didn't want to give up your digital library of Kindle wares? Dear reader, today is your lucky day, with Amazon announcing the Kindle Paperwhite. No, not paperweight, Paperwhite. It has a new, front-lit display that will let you read in the dark, and a capacitive touchscreen that goes away from the IR based systems we've seen in the past.

Jeff Bezos tells us that it has 25 percent more contrast than the Pearl screens in the current Kindles and, with 212ppi, it has a 62 percent higher resolution. It relies on a fiber optic like system to direct light down onto the display, not unlike the Nook but, from what we can see, the color is much whiter. It's just 9.1mm thick, the battery is said to last for eight weeks and there are no physical buttons for control. You're entirely dependent on that touchscreen to flip those pages -- which, by the way, are said to turn 15 percent faster.

The interface has seen some tweaks too. The fonts are more detailed now, as they should be with that higher resolution, and you can tweak the brightness of the display with a slider. The software will calculate your reading speed and estimate how long it will take you to finish a given chapter or book and there are now author bios.

Price is $119 for the WiFi version and it ships October 1st! If you'd like a little 3G connectivity with your Kindle, you're looking at $179. No word yet on a cheaper model with Offers

http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/06/kindle-paperwhite/

this is HARD

Amazon announces Whispersync for Voice and Whispersync for Games, cloud syncing goes meta

Audiobooks are great for the car. Textual books? Not so much. Now Amazon is bringing those two great experiences together and letting you pick up in text right where your audio book left off. So, if you've listened half-way through chapter three while in the car but you feel like reading something after you get home, your Kindle will bring you in the text exactly to where you stopped listening. And, in the morning when it's time to commute back to the office, the audio version will skip ahead as appropriate!

Amazon also announced Whispersync for Games, which would allow game developers to store game progress in the cloud. Sick of re-starting Angry Birds every time you get a new device? Never again. Take that, piggies.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/06/amazon-audio-whispersync/