Gears Of War 2

Faisal

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What makes you say that?
I remember saying three years ago that we wanted to create something revolutionary, but in reality we couldn't really do that because of the CPU. We're using the Cell engine to its limit., actually. Please don't get me wrong, I'm not criticizing the PS3 machine, it's just that we weren't really aware of what the full-spec PS3 offered - we were creating something we couldn't entirely see.
Don't think they got what they REALLY wanted to achieve. Which is a shame, 'cause i was expecting some masterpiece of a game. I can see GOW2 doing as good as Halo, Microsoft are going to destroy the marketing scene with this. People may laugh, but i can pretty much say every person with a 360 will own GOW2. f*ck it, it will be bigger than halo.

What makes you say that?
I remember saying three years ago that we wanted to create something revolutionary, but in reality we couldn't really do that because of the CPU. We're using the Cell engine to its limit., actually. Please don't get me wrong, I'm not criticizing the PS3 machine, it's just that we weren't really aware of what the full-spec PS3 offered - we were creating something we couldn't entirely see.
Don't think they got what they REALLY wanted to achieve. Which is a shame, 'cause i was expecting some masterpiece of a game. I can see GOW2 doing as good as Halo, Microsoft are going to destroy the marketing scene with this. People may laugh, but i can pretty much say every person with a 360 will own GOW2. f*ck it, it will be bigger than halo.
Looks like Kojima Jr. isn't the only one disappointed with Metal Gear Solid. The latest issue of the UK's Edge magazine contains an interview with Metal Gear creator Hideo Kojima, who expresses disappointment with the latest game in the series, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. It isn't so much the gameplay itself as it is the graphics.

"Game-wise, it's pretty close to the original vision: you sneak into the battlefield and can choose whether to do a stealth game or interfere with the battle more directly. But the graphic, side things like motion-blending and the size of the map, totally was not accomplished to my original vision - to my satisfaction."

Now Kojima is a well-known perfectionist, but it is a bit disturbing to see him voice his dissatisfaction with what is supposed to be the masterpiece of the franchise. So where does he lay the blame for not fully realizing his vision?

"When we first showed the game engine at TGS, the staff were really proud and happy. PS3 was a dream machine, y'know, and we were going to work on this and that - and we had so many ideas. But when we actually started developing the game, we realized there were a lot of restrictions and so it turned out how you see it today. The original vision was to go ten steps further, the reality was just one step, which isn't to say we didn't progress."

So there was certainly progress made, but not enough progress...or more specifically, not enough power for progress. Apparently the team overestimated what the PlayStation 3 was capable of.

"I remember saying three years ago that we wanted to create something revolutionary, but in reality we couldn't really do that because of the CPU. We're using the Cell engine to its limit., actually. Please don't get me wrong, I'm not criticizing the PS3 machine, it's just that we weren't really aware of what the full-spec PS3 offered - we were creating something we couldn't entirely see."

Well there you have it, straight from the man himself. Metal Gear Solid 4 is not revolutionary. Personally I think the man is being a bit hard on himself, but that's what great minds do.

he is obviously talking about the graphicsalso triple lol @ talkin like you've alrdy played it.

game looks sick, i love them warzone sort of bits, where bare sh*t is kicking off around u, rather than 20 aliens only coming after you, graphics look amazing as well! gonna get this, although i'd prefer a 1st person mode

lol @ thinking its going to completely different from online. Thats IS MGS4 ffs. Which is f*ck*ng sh*t. The story line won't save it this time and from time GTA4 has better multiplayer you know this game will die after 2 weeks.

Guest Robin_Van_PersG

if marketed right this game could become a 360 brand name like Halo is. Graphics look on point but they need to build a better storyline and one that can be continued in future games.

Guest Robin_Van_PersG
Will sell more than MGS4Quote me.
don't think so to be honest, MGS a brand name people will buy a ps3 just because of MSG and those already with ps3 will cop it. Don't think GOW has the same selling power.