Random Transfer Links

TF S4DK

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arsenal Football Club manager Arsene Wenger hopes to do a rare bit of business with Sir Alex Ferguson this summer.In what would be the most surprising piece of transfer business over the summer market, the Gunners are hoping to persuade Manchester United to part with Louis Saha for as little as £5million.The France international has struggled with injuries since his £12million from Fulham in 2004, and he accepts the UEFA Champions League final against Chelsea on Wednesday could be his last game for the Reds."The future isn't in my hands,” said Saha. "I know this could be my last game, and I would understand if the manager went for another striker. I can't speak about my future too much really now, though.”Reports now claim Wenger will look to lure the France international striker to the Emirates Stadium to bolster his attacking options, although Ferguson is unlikely to sell to a rival.
:D
:D:D:D:D

What is like Aquilani like?Whenever I've seen him play (which to be fair is only a few times) he hasn't impressed me.
hes quality center midgood passerlong shotand a decent set piece i cant see him playing with fabregas unless he plays behind the strikeror wenger sticks him out the wing and he fustrates everyone for 2/3 years before being moved to his proper position

A number of top European clubs are reportedly monitoring goalkeeper Sebastien Frey's situation at Fiorentina.Frey enjoyed another impressive season at Stadio Artemio Franchi as Fiorentina finished fourth in Serie A.The 28-year-old's displays also saw him recently named in Raymond Domenech's provisional France squad for Euro 2008.Bayern Munich are rumoured to be extremely keen to sign Frey following Oliver Kahn's retirement; however L'Equipe claims they face competition from Arsenal, Milan and Barcelona.Fiorentina are said to be open to offers of €20million (£16million) for Frey, who has three years remaining on his current deal.

Miguel Veloso has dropped a major hint that he would be attracted by a summer transfer to The Premier League despite remaining coy on his immediate future at Sporting.The highly-rated midfielder has been linked with a number of English clubs, initially Manchester United and, more recently, Newcastle United and Arsenal.Speaking after Sporting exacted some revenge for Porto's BWINLiga triumph with 2-0 victory in the Portuguese Cup final, the 21-year-old was giving little away regarding a possible switch but suggested he could be on the move."I do not know if this was my last game [for Sporting]," he told reporters afterwards."Let's see what the future holds for Miguel."England may be a good destination but I do not know anything about the offers."Veloso has no shortage of admirers but is likely to prefer a switch to a team competing in Europe next season.

ARSENAL are reported to be interested in Besiktas midfielder Matias Delgado as Arsene Wenger searches for a replacement for Mathieu Flamini.The £7million-rated Argentinian has emerged as a target for Wenger after impressing in the holding midfield role for the Turkish outfit.Delgado, 25, began his career at FC Basel in Switzerland, with a fantastic scoring record of almost one every two games from midfield.After moving to Besiktas for 6.5million euros in 2006, he has continued to improve.Wenger may see him as an ideal replacement for Flamini, who joined AC Milan earlier this month.

Guest Sergio Agüero
What is like Aquilani like?Whenever I've seen him play (which to be fair is only a few times) he hasn't impressed me.
hes an alright center midnot a bad passerlikes to take a long shot and sometimes he scorestakes a set piece now and theni cant see him playing on the wings if he is brought

Arsène Wenger is closing in on Marseille's attacking midfielder Samir Nasri as he looks to strengthen his Arsenal squad for next season.Nasri, a France international who has been named in Raymond Domenech's provisional 30-man squad for the European Championship next month, is most comfortable in a central position. He can play on either flank and would seem to be equipped to fill the role of Alexander Hleb who, according to his agent, is determined to leave the club this summer.Nasri, 20, signed a four-year deal at Marseille this month but it contains a buy-out clause of €17m (£13.5m) and the Arsenal manager is preparing to pay it. Talks have been held with his representatives and Nasri indicated on Saturday, after scoring in Marseille's 4-3 win over Strasbourg which secured qualification for the Champions League, that he is ready to bid farewell. "It is very important [to score] because it is perhaps my last match at the Stade Vélodrome," he said.Nasri is an instinctive and skilful touch player who has pace, vision and a good temperament. He may well replace a similar player in Hleb, who has had his head turned by the interest of Internazionale. They have been preoccupied by the chase for the scudetto but after securing it last Sunday, Hleb can resume talks.Wenger has had to rethink plans to make only the finest of tuning to his squad over the summer. He has already lost Mathieu Flamini, a midfielder, on a Bosman free to Milan and there are doubts over Gilberto Silva, who has only a year remaining on his deal. http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/ma...rleague.arsenal

Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester United are all being tipped to make bids for Robinho in the summer, but both the player and his club Real Madrid are adamant he will stay at the Bernabeu.Reports emanating from Spain have suggested Chelsea are set to test Real's resolve by offering €35m (£27.9million) for Robinho, with Avram Grant eager to add a flair player to his Stamford Bridge ranks.Chelsea are expected to spend heavily in the summer and their opening gambit will be big, according to Onda Cero and Radio Marca.However, Madrid's president, Ramon Calderon, has said that he is not willing to let Robinho go and is thought to be preparing a new contract for the 24-year-old.No-go?"He is not transferable," he said during Monday's title celebrations. "We are not going to sell Robinho."Despite denying that he wants to leave Madrid, the whistles that he received from some sections of the crowd during the final home match of the season may play on Robinho's mind.According to Marca, Arsenal and Manchester United could well join the race should Chelsea be seen to be given any encouragement by the Madrid hierarchy.Robinho admits he has heard rumours of United's interest but it would appear a move to England is not on his radar at present."I know about some rumours that say that I will be exchanged with Cristiano Ronaldo but I must say that my intention is to stay at Real Madrid."We are the champions and I am happy for the title and I expect next season to be even better. I expect to stay at Real Madrid for many years and win many titles."Coach Bernd Schuster is not keen to lose the player either, even though rumours suggest that he is beginning to lean towards Arjen Robben to play down the left next season.Mahamadou Diarra has also been tipped to leave in the summer, but Schuster is loath to make too many changes to his title winning squad."They are two important players for us. Why would we want them to leave?" he queried.

Arsenal are looking to strike a deal for Roma midfielder Alberto Aquilani.The 23-year-old Italy international has been capped four times and is seen by Arsene Wenger as a possible replacement for the departed Mathieu Flamini. Arsenal have already outlined personal terms.Wenger is also interested in Marseille's £15million-rated 20-year-old playmaker Samir Nasri, who has talked of playing his last game for the French club.FC Laval's midfielder Francis Coquelin, 17, is also expected to join Arsenal after a successful trial earlier this month.
Alberto Aquilani lined up to fill Flamini gapArsenal are in line to sign Roma's Italy international midfielder Alberto Aquilani, who rejected the chance to move to Chelsea when he was 16.Now 23, Aquilani has already spoken to Arsenal, according to his agent, and is being considered as a replacement for Mathieu Flamini, who left last week to join AC Milan on a free transfer.In 2001, manager Claudio Ranieri offered Aquilani a lucrative contract at Chelsea but the Rome-born midfielder preferred to stay with the team he supported as a boy. He is now valued at about £12 million.Aquilani's agent, Vincenzo Morabito, said: "Aquilani is speaking to Arsenal. We will have to see if Roma will be able to match his demands."Arsenal and Valencia had offers for Aquilani rejected last summer, but a player who can play anywhere in midfield will be courted again, despite the fact that he is under contract with Roma until 2010.Arsenal, meanwhile, have applied for a work permit for their Mexican striker Carlos Vela, 19, who has been on loan with Osasuna in Spain.advertisementManager Arsene Wenger has also been linked with Sporting Lisbon midfielder Miguel Veloso, and he will have noted comments from Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o, who has said he would prefer a move to Arsenal over Tottenham.

who is better/has more potential.. Nasri or Ben Arfa?
Nasri has more potential, however...Ben Arfa IMO could come in now & play, so IMO he better in the short-term.Nasri, IMO looks like a 2-3 year plan player, cos Wenger probably gonna play him on the wing.