Hacked Email...What Can I Do?

Ephren Taylor

My friends email account was hacked last year.Theres been an investigation by Windows Live, and they have now reset his password, and provided him with access.He's just checked his sent items, and theres some career destroying sh*t thats been sent from his account...Is there anyway to obtain the IP address of the sent messages??? Or anything that can be done to find the senders location or anything of use???

I think its one chi chi from work, but need some solid proof to show the compliance department...If he gets sacked, then thats gonna cost him p's to get back to the UK, which will be some nice revenge..
so did this happen 2 you.....or ur m8?what did he send?i doubt theres any way 2 find the IP anywaygettin him sacked is sh*t.....u need 2 think bigger than that......im talkin loss of limbs business

Nah, it happened to my housemate...Under normal circumstances, getting him sacked wouldnt be much, but in our case, its a BIG deal..Think of some the costs he'd have:Flight back to the UKTransfer furniture to the UKPay rest of lease for housingPay off credit cards etc..He'd be f*cked for the next few years

Sounds interesting.You cant find the IP of it.If its nothing private or important forward emails to me and il take a look.(no noseyness)
He doesn't wanna use the account at all at the moment...basically, some emails have been sent to an external company, detailing inhouse operations, procedures and personnel details..In investment banking, thats a BIG nono..Whoever it is, has actually one all out to try and f*ck up my bredrin..

Oh seen, not sure what can be done, other than tell the truth, hes job obviously means alot to him, and people around him, i dont think he would risk losing his job like that when these are some of the consiqunces.Only option to do is explain, tell the truth.Report to microsoft as well, cant do any harm.

Guest Swiftie

Do live mail support HEADERS on outgoing mail?Cause that way you can find out the email address/hostname used for that sent mail.So have a look that way.Headers are supported on INCOMING by default. But maybe they do sh*t for outgoing.