a bit early i know but access your teams season

Guest Robin_Van_PersG

Guest Robin_Van_PersG

another prempiership season draws to a close and quite a season its been. Top 4 stayed the same which most people who understood football knew it would (certain experts predicting tottenham top4 !!) and derby got dashed back where they belong sheep shagging twats. BUT a season of many twists and turns.This topics to discuss YOUR teams season, i beg no daft hype comments about rival teams (at least for a bit)NEWCASTLEstarted with optimism with allardyce having a good premiership pedigree and inheriting a decent squad with some decent signings coming in. didn't get off to a great start and unallardyce like we were conceding a lot from set pieces. ALAN SMITH was starting :D and we couldn't get a run going. We were never convincing even when winning, but i think he should have been given more time as he inherited most of the squad. Getting dumped out of both cups was a huge dissapointment especially the manner of the carling cup defeat. The keegan appointment contrary to popular belief didn't inspire the fans nor did it seem to inspire the players its no coincidence that things started to look up when a formation change came in and ALAN SMITH was dropped. A strong finish to the season and reason to believe we can finish much better than this seasons finish. OVERALL UNDERWHELMING SEASON.Player of the season: Beye and butt have been the only 2 consistent players. Viduka and martins put in late claims and Milner was on fire for a while. Habib beye.signing of the season: Habib beye, slotted straight in and has barely put a foot wrong. Apparently cost about 2 million as well!Pivotal moment of the season: Owens equaliser vs. b'ham. gave us momentum.biggest high: either the draw with arsenal at st.james because they were top and we matched them for 45 minutes OR the 4-1 demolition of spurs.biggest low: getting humiliated by united. We were harsly done by with owens disallowed goal, but to go on and concede 6 was unforgivable.Dissapointment of the season: Joey barton not living up to expectationsnext seasons hopes: top 8 finish and more clean sheets.

ArsenalA season which most non Arsenal fans on here expected us to finish outside the top 4 with Spurs over taking us. We heard 5th-8th which honestly is a shocker. First season without the majestic Thierry Henry, some of us thought it would've been a struggle and other remained confident. As the pre-season kicked in I grew confident, you realised the younger players gained that one more year of experience and knew what to expect. New signings Sagna and Eduardo, along with big head money man moany git Diarra. Started the season strong but slipped up at Blackburn with a 1-1 draw, but hey we banged Spurs over at the Lane 3-1 some fantastic goals! First loss was against 'Boro and we was so crap that afternoon! was shambles. 2008 in all 4 comps till we last to Spurs which the players looked dead and didn't care but as a fan it made me SICK! The start of a slip up was Birmingham 2-2 draw, we was top in control but the Eduardo injury killed some players in the head and really if we won this we would've gone onto win the title, games we drew we wouldn't have drawn. Roll on to Milan huge win there. People here said we'd lose, when we won it's the "oh there old and dead" but when Flamini signed on it's back on the "Milan are sick" make your mind up. Then on the title started to slip away draws home and away and it was really sick to watch. Very frustrating but did grab a vital win against Bolton 3-2! Looked dead and buried at 2-0. Frustrating and tense Champions League ties with Liverpool, it did included an incredible run by Theo. Lost in Manchester was a stinker after we dominated and it really did kill off our slim hopes of a 4th Premiership title.4 wins on the bounce not playing great, but good to see Theo on a nice run. 15 points better off this season than last and a place higher.Player of the season: Adebayor/FabregasSigning of the season: Sagna. Would've been Eduardo had he not been injuredPivotal moment of the season: The Eduardo injury that was the day the title slipped awayBiggest high: 2-0 in Milan. Not many sides in European club football go there and play them off the pitch, then get a standing ovation from the home fans.Biggest low: Blowing the lead at the top but the defeat to Spurs hurt.Disappointment of the season: Not being able to kill games off in the business end of the season. Could add Rosicky being injured and Hleb not scoring enough!Next seasons hopes: Push on for the title and win a trophy.

Guest Robin_Van_PersG
You wrote a f*ck*ng paragraph and you cant spell assess yhNOT WORTH READING.
why bother reading it then replying then you half a fag? Football aint your ting.You bat for the other 'team' and that team isn't getting discussed in here. reply and your mums gonna get HIV.

Aston Villa;Absolutely fantastic!We were hoping for top 8, maybe sneak 7th and nab a European place, unforunately an absolute freak of a season has seen us finish in 6th and only get Intertoto!Still though, I'm loving it.We have done this WITHOUT a right back, WITHOUT a decent keeper, WITHOUT any squad depth.Everton have no real stand-out weaknesses in their team, which shows this Villa side has MASSIVE potential.Shame about the two cups but still, this says it all;Had the two most exciting games of the season (4-4 with Spurs and Chelsea).Beat;Wrexham 5-0,Blackburn 4-0,Derby 6-0,Scum 5-1,Bolton 4-0.We've played some of the most entertaining football in the league, scored a ridiculous amount of goals... got a massive English element and done the double over our rivals.We also have the third best manager in the league IMO.

Aston Villa;Absolutely fantastic!We were hoping for top 8, maybe sneak 7th and nab a European place, unforunately an absolute freak of a season has seen us finish in 6th and only get Intertoto!Still though, I'm loving it.We have done this WITHOUT a right back, WITHOUT a decent keeper, WITHOUT any squad depth.Everton have no real stand-out weaknesses in their team, which shows this Villa side has MASSIVE potential.Shame about the two cups but still, this says it all;Had the two most exciting games of the season (4-4 with Spurs and Chelsea).Beat;Wrexham 5-0,Blackburn 4-0,Derby 6-0,Scum 5-1,Bolton 4-0.We've played some of the most entertaining football in the league, scored a ridiculous amount of goals... got a massive English element and done the double over our rivals.We also have the third best manager in the league IMO.
c/s

Guest Mickey Kane
ArsenalA season which most non Arsenal fans on here expected us to finish outside the top 4 with Spurs over taking us. We heard 5th-8th which honestly is a shocker. First season without the majestic Thierry Henry, some of us thought it would've been a struggle and other remained confident. As the pre-season kicked in I grew confident, you realised the younger players gained that one more year of experience and knew what to expect. New signings Sagna and Eduardo, along with big head money man moany git Diarra. Started the season strong but slipped up at Blackburn with a 1-1 draw, but hey we banged Spurs over at the Lane 3-1 some fantastic goals! First loss was against 'Boro and we was so crap that afternoon! was shambles. 2008 in all 4 comps till we last to Spurs which the players looked dead and didn't care but as a fan it made me SICK! The start of a slip up was Birmingham 2-2 draw, we was top in control but the Eduardo injury killed some players in the head and really if we won this we would've gone onto win the title, games we drew we wouldn't have drawn. Roll on to Milan huge win there. People here said we'd lose, when we won it's the "oh there old and dead" but when Flamini signed on it's back on the "Milan are sick" make your mind up. Then on the title started to slip away draws home and away and it was really sick to watch. Very frustrating but did grab a vital win against Bolton 3-2! Looked dead and buried at 2-0. Frustrating and tense Champions League ties with Liverpool, it did included an incredible run by Theo. Lost in Manchester was a stinker after we dominated and it really did kill off our slim hopes of a 4th Premiership title.4 wins on the bounce not playing great, but good to see Theo on a nice run. 15 points better off this season than last and a place higher.Player of the season: Adebayor/FabregasSigning of the season: Sagna. Would've been Eduardo had he not been injuredPivotal moment of the season: The Eduardo injury that was the day the title slipped awayBiggest high: 2-0 in Milan. Not many sides in European club football go there and play them off the pitch, then get a standing ovation from the home fans.Biggest low: Blowing the lead at the top but the defeat to Spurs hurt.Disappointment of the season: Not being able to kill games off in the business end of the season. Could add Rosicky being injured and Hleb not scoring enough!Next seasons hopes: Push on for the title and win a trophy.

Guest F.O.S

STARTED OFF THE SEASON SO sh*tHANG TYT NANI AND PAUL ROBINSON KICK STARTING OUR SEASONRONALDO GETTING SENT OFF AGAINST POMPEY WAS PROBABLY A BLESSING IN DISGUISE WENT ON TO SCORE 40GOALSWON THE PREMIERSHIP WITH OUT A 20+ SEASON STRIKER AND OUR NO1 RIGHTBACK/CAPTAINHIGHLIGHT OF THE SEASON EASILY WINNING THE PREMIERSHIP AGAIN AND WATCHING RONALDO TEAR APART TEAMSFERGIES SIGNINGS LAST SUMMER >>>>>>>>>>Player of the season: Everyone tbh Signing of the season: Hard one but i would say Tevez although Hargreaves was great at rightbackPivotal moment of the season: Nani goal vs SpursBiggest high: Beating Wigan and Destroying ArsenalBiggest low: Losing 2 Man City on the Munich Air DisasterDisappointment of the season: Saha yet again missing most of the seasonNext seasons hopes: Prem, FA Cup, Champions League, Super Cup, Club Championship Cup, Community Shield

TottenhamShocking League Season. Good cup win and decent in the Uefa cup.Highlights - winning the carling cup, thrashing arsenal 5 - 1Lowest moment - probs losing to PSV in terms of how it felt but worst performance probably Newcastle at home/Brum away/ all away games until Ramos cameSigning of the season - BalePlayer of the Season - Keane

Basically this..

We should not let Torres' outstanding season paper over the cracks.We basically still dont have enough genuine quality.If you look at games we drew, which is where we lost the title, we should have not just won them but won them comfortably.Aston Villa homeWigan HomeBirmingham Home and AwayMiddlesborough awayBlackburn awayMan City at awayNot to mention Reading AwayThats 14 points which would have won us the league, include Reading 17 pointsAndy Gray for once against City last week got it spot on. He said, the amount of games Liverpool go one nil up at home, dominate the game, create lots more chances but don't get the second is what undermines them.We now have the spine of a great team, Rafa now has to be ruthless and take us to the next level.The season started so brightly and has really just drifted away. Champions League gave us a faint hope but I think the two games against Chelsea summed up the season. Game at home, we had the chances to wrap up the tie we didnt, when we equalised in the second leg, we could have overrun Chelsea, but we didnt and let them back into it and cost us.I think we showed progress but we know have to be ruthless going forward.
Thats basically what i think. Proud of the reserves.Torres had an outstanding season and long may it continue. Babel & Skrtel have impressed me Shame Agger was out for pretty much the whole season. The biggest negative was obviously not winning anything. And the boardroom crisis that has made us look like newcastle. That needs to be sorted out swiftly.Voronin is an awful awful player, derby/birmingham standard. Kuyt i dont know whether the death of his father was the reason he played poorly the first half of the season, and as much as i dislike him gotta give him credit for his champs league goals.However unless he improves i think he should move on. i would like to keep Crouch. Would love to see Insua, Plessis & Nemeth getting the odd game here and there, expec tthem to feature in the league cup. About time we got rid of Riise & im glad kewell is going. Thats all folks.

Basically this..
We should not let Torres' outstanding season paper over the cracks.We basically still dont have enough genuine quality.If you look at games we drew, which is where we lost the title, we should have not just won them but won them comfortably.Aston Villa homeWigan HomeBirmingham Home and AwayMiddlesborough awayBlackburn awayMan City at awayNot to mention Reading AwayThats 14 points which would have won us the league, include Reading 17 pointsAndy Gray for once against City last week got it spot on. He said, the amount of games Liverpool go one nil up at home, dominate the game, create lots more chances but don't get the second is what undermines them.We now have the spine of a great team, Rafa now has to be ruthless and take us to the next level.The season started so brightly and has really just drifted away. Champions League gave us a faint hope but I think the two games against Chelsea summed up the season. Game at home, we had the chances to wrap up the tie we didnt, when we equalised in the second leg, we could have overrun Chelsea, but we didnt and let them back into it and cost us.I think we showed progress but we know have to be ruthless going forward.
Thats basically what i think. Proud of the reserves.Torres had an outstanding season and long may it continue. Babel & Skrtel have impressed me Shame Agger was out for pretty much the whole season. The biggest negative was obviously not winning anything. And the boardroom crisis that has made us look like newcastle. That needs to be sorted out swiftly.Voronin is an awful awful player, derby/birmingham standard. Kuyt i dont know whether the death of his father was the reason he played poorly the first half of the season, and as much as i dislike him gotta give him credit for his champs league goals.However unless he improves i think he should move on. i would like to keep Crouch. Would love to see Insua, Plessis & Nemeth getting the odd game here and there, expec tthem to feature in the league cup. About time we got rid of Riise & im glad kewell is going. Thats all folks.
C/S all this except if Agger hadnt been injured we may not have signed Skretl sow next season we have depth in that spot, his injury might end up being a blessing in disguise

not gone write an essay, but basically...i remember the first couple of weeks of the season we were looking very out of sorts and was on one of the worst runs we've ever had to an openning of a season.come end of the season we are CHAMPIONS and in the final or the champions league,says everything about the club and the players really, the season sums itself up!!!

Basically this..
C/S all this except if Agger hadnt been injured we may not have signed Skretl sow next season we have depth in that spot, his injury might end up being a blessing in disguise
True TMN Skrtel has definitely been one of the season's positivesm creates some genuine competition for places at CB.Babel has shown promise in his first season, good signing.Benayoun hit double figures and provided us with that spark that Garcia provided. Good signing.Completing the signing of Masch was key as it provides us with genuine quality in the middle and sends out the right message to potential signing and players at the club already about our ambitions.Voronin needs to move on or do some Benjani style turnaround next season.Anyone who can't see the improvements being made to the squad season by season which will allow us to challenge with the big spenders obviously doesn't remember the squad Rafa inherited.

Queens Park Rangers.well, it took us 10 games to get a win and by the end of 2007 we had played 26 games and only won 6 of them.but obviously we had the takeover which provided optimisim amongst the fans.we only won 14 games this season in all competitions but i and most fans are happy with the outcome, we didnt have to worry too much about relegation which was the aim of the season.Its been a strange season though, we are now the richest team in the world and it just feels so strange, its amazing not being depressed about everything and its so nice not worrying about administration anymore.we are the one of the faves for promotion next year but i know QPR too well to get excited about that, but at times when things are going are way no one can touch us. Player of the season: Martin Rowlands, special mentions = Lee Camp, BuzsackySigning of the season: The White Pele - Akos BuzsackyPivotal moment of the season: The TakeoverBiggest high: The Takeover, Gettin Chelscum in the cup, beating watford 4-2 away and stoke 3-0 at homeBiggest low: losing to burnley at home, 4-2Disappointment of the season: Not having Lee Cook, Fulham not getting relegatedNext seasons hopes: Alot of people will say promotion, but for me its all about not wasting money and finishing in top 10, become a good football team, not a good championship team.

Guest Robin_Van_PersG

a lot of honesty so far. I would also like to add this season has still effectively been Glenn roeders team. Next season if the nucleus of the team Given, Taylor, Butt, Barton, Owen can be kept together with Beye, Viduka and Martins and we get off to a decent start then next season can be much more fruitful. My only concern is that Newcastle don't have the puuling power we used to have - no european football and teams such as city, tottenham and west ham can match our wages now. Biggest positive of keegan era is we look like we can score goals now but worryingly they're all from the strikers!We need experience in the team but need to give the likes of Taylor, milner, edgar and nzogbia a chance to stake a claim. 2007/08 - overall dissapointment but enough room for optimism.