£35 bank charge for being overdrawn

Davicious X

Happened to mebruvi didnt even go overdrawn, paypal tried to take money i didnt have, my bank rejected it and charged my £35i rang them up.ring them, talk about court, trading standards, they WILL drop it, huge court case going on at the moment about this

its lookin good for the consumersthey had that case that they were plannin to base the outcome of everyones claims onthe banks lost, but they are appealingwhen its final everyone can claim 110% but u can still try nowproblem isbanks are so f*ckin greedy they will use it as an excuse to increase their fees or even introduce new fees like an anual fee for having a bank account!

I was told the banks lost the case, but long for having an overdraft anyways. Overdraft f*cked me over differently last year, so when that loan came and cleared it I was happy and cancelled that sh*t straight away. Banks are the worst people to have debts with.

yea, right to themstreets had a templatei did it for my parents n they gt like 500 back
I recieved about 40 PM's from people.Out of those only 20 emailed me. Out of those 20 only 2 people replied back to me when I asked how they were getting on.I got £1,00 from Halifax£521 from Abbey£200 from Capital Onegonna get £300 roughly from Natwestbeing swag with your finances when you were a teenager = fresh money to stack in your 20's

yea, right to themstreets had a templatei did it for my parents n they gt like 500 back
I recieved about 40 PM's from people.Out of those only 20 emailed me. Out of those 20 only 2 people replied back to me when I asked how they were getting on.I got £1,00 from Halifax£521 from Abbey£200 from Capital Onegonna get £300 roughly from Natwestbeing swag with your finances when you were a teenager = fresh money to stack in your 20's
LOL badman, send me a template please?

this ones the one i wrote to Abbey, dont just copy and paste it, read it fully and change what you need toAbbey National House2 Triton Square Regent's PlaceLondonNW1 3ANCustomer Satisfaction CentreAbbeyPO Box 5129Milton KeynesMK9 2YN1st February 2007Request for repayment of chargesACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXXXDear Sir/MadamMy requestI am writing to ask you to refund to me the charges which you have levied from my account over the last 6 years.I now understand that the regime of fees which you have been applying to my account in relation to direct debit refusals, uncleared cheques, exceeding overdraft limits and so forth are unlawful at Common Law, Statute and recent consumer regulations. If you say that they are not, then will you please demonstrate this by letting me have a full breakdown of the costs to which you have been put by as a result of my breaches, in order to reassure me that your penalties really do reflect your costs.Additionally, it has now been confirmed that your particularly high level of penalties are considered to be unfair per se by the OFT who reported on the 5th April 2006 and are therefore presumed to be unlawful in the absence of specific proof to the contrary.Your responsibilitiesI would draw your attention to the terms of the contract which you agreed to at the time that I opened my account. It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner which complies with UK law. I am frankly shocked that you operated my account in this way as I had always reposed confidence in your integrity and expertise as my fiduciary. I consider that your repeated representations that your charges are fair and reasonable are deceptive and that they have deceived me into agreeing to pay them. Your concealment of the true nature of your charges has prevented me from asserting my right until now.What I requireI calculate that you have taken £576 plus what you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. I enclose a schedule of the charges which I am claiming with this letter.30/11/02 £3230/11/02 £3229/12/02 £3229/12/02 £3229/12/02 £3229/12/02 £3229/01/03 £3229/01/03 £3229/01/03 £3229/01/03 £3229/01/03 £3229/01/03 £3229/01/03 £3229/02/03 £3229/02/03 £3229/05/03 £3229/05/03 £3229/06/03 £32Additionally you have entered a default notice against my credit record. This default occurred merely in respect of unlawful charges levied by you or was the result of impecuniosity caused directly by the taking by you of penalty charges which you had applied unlawfully to my account.In addition to full payment of the sum mentioned above, I require that you remove the default entry from the register. Please note that mere correction or amendment to the entry will not be acceptable. My targets to resolve this matterI hope that you will enter into a sincere dialogue with me about this matter and I am writing this letter to you on the assumption that you will prefer to do this than merely respond with standard letters and leaflets.I will give you 14 days to reply to me accepting, unconditionally, my request in principle and letting me know a date by which I will receive payment.If you do not respond, or you do not respond positively, within this time period, I shall send you a letter before action giving you a further 14 days in which to reflect. I believe that these targets are more than sufficient for a large company such as yours with dedicated staff and departments.After that, there will be no further communication from me and I shall issue a claim at the expiry of the second deadline.Yours faithfully, XXXXX

Streets, that is big.Do you know now that anyone on benefits get's to claim their £35 pound back plus £7 damages per charge for being on benefits?zoooooooop zoooooooooooopthe greatness of being on benefits.
Is it? Never knew about this one but if people on benefits can claim for "damages" then that should mean anyone can which is a good thing.Also, for those claiming dont forget to add on your 8% interest to each charge. a Halifax £39 charge turned into £42 when it came to my court ruling.£42 x setting up direct debits that you cant afford when your 17 = thanks Bromley County Court

1 of my accounts that i dont really use onnly for my phone direct debiti had 30 quid in there after t mobile taking out 40then i got charged 35 for being overdrawnso im minus 5 then at the end of the motnh i got charged for being overdrawn apparently abbey charge you for bing overdrawn at the end of each month i dont really use this account so i wasnt paying attention january come now i put in 50 but because of being overdrawn basically i kept getting charged for being overdrawn unitl i checked my statements in like marchand i clocked i phoned abbey up straight away got a nice 250 backno letter no nothing cunts charging me for being overdrawn when i wernt overdrawn

Guest Remy Lebeau
rules are rules . . .but jus phone them up and tell them its only a one off as u can see my income (thats if u got income lol)
its true tbh