did this little shit change the modern day midfields?

Guest Robin_Van_PersG

I seriously dont understand how people dont get tired of cussin the same people, shits ridiculous.
no i think its a fair point. would you not agree a limited player such as sissoka limited liverpools football? and you were much more effective with the box to box (gerrard) and Playmaker Alonso?This isn't strictly for liverpool fans same for arsenal fans gilberto/fabregas or flamini type and fabregas, Chelsea fans Essien or Makalele?
The point you were making is fair, what it turned into was predictable which is why I didn't bother posting a response at the start.A DM allows other players freedom to do damage in the place their most effective, higher up the pitch. If you've got a DM behind you it gives you that freedom to gamble in certain situations knowing that the team isn't going to be exposed if the opposition counters.Everyone remembers Zidane being a disgusting player but if it wasn't for people like Deschamps or Makalele he wouldn't have been as effective because defensive responsibilities would have restricted his influence going forward. Messi plays wide left and doesn't track back with the full back, is that a sign of him being tactically inept?

I seriously dont understand how people dont get tired of cussin the same people, shits ridiculous.
no i think its a fair point. would you not agree a limited player such as sissoka limited liverpools football? and you were much more effective with the box to box (gerrard) and Playmaker Alonso?This isn't strictly for liverpool fans same for arsenal fans gilberto/fabregas or flamini type and fabregas, Chelsea fans Essien or Makalele?
na im not saying that. i dont even rate sissoko that highly tbh, he was good at breaking up play, that was it. The amount of flaws he had was crazy, being a liverpool fan i used to feel like picking up my tv and chucking it out the window watching the amount of times man passed the ball to the opposition when he had a teammate as little as 4 yards away. Alonso >>>>>>>>>>>>. sissoko in every way in my books and always been that way. I just mean its getting ridiculous hearing people like rafa getting slated for sh*t that dont even make sense. some people act like he went and plucked sissoko from some lowly team and expected him to be playing like gerrrad, it was a player he had previously managed and knew well. what you say is true he is a limited player and did limit our football. and it may not be strictly for liverpool but i dont see anyone elses manager getting any sort of criticism for it, it may be one or two people and thats it but still it gets boring hearing it init. especially when its sh*t that dont make sense.I know all about sissoko, and DM's for that matter. He has never been as good as people rate him to be, some rate him higher automatically because he's african, some because he reminds them of vieira in ways and others because they see other people rate him then watch him play with a certain mindset rather than an unbiased one. He isnt all that great them, his distribution can be abysmal at times for a pro football player and i know no-one is perfect at everything but still.

The point you were making is fair, what it turned into was predictable which is why I didn't bother posting a response at the start.A DM allows other players freedom to do damage in the place their most effective, higher up the pitch. If you've got a DM behind you it gives you that freedom to gamble in certain situations knowing that the team isn't going to be exposed if the opposition counters.Everyone remembers Zidane being a disgusting player but if it wasn't for people like Deschamps or Makalele he wouldn't have been as effective because defensive responsibilities would have restricted his influence going forward. Messi plays wide left and doesn't track back with the full back, is that a sign of him being tactically inept?
difference is gerrard can't tie either of there laces. when ure that good i will allow u.gerrard isn't that good, add to that he's supposed to be a central midfielder he's not a #10. he can't run a game like that lol he has 1 speed he can't control tempoonly teams who play with a #10 will definately need a dm but theres only a handful of teams who do

difference is gerrard can't tie either of there laces. when ure that good i will allow u.gerrard isn't that good, add to that he's supposed to be a central midfielder he's not a #10. he can't run a game like that lol he has 1 speed he can't control tempoonly teams who play with a #10 will definately need a dm but theres only a handful of teams who do
From time the topic is about a lot of teams employing a DM how does this point stand up?Benitez saw that Gerrard had the potential to be more effective in a position closer to AM and how can this be disputed as a wrong decision considering his goals/assists and influence in games throughout the period he's been playing there?The thing is Gerrard does his fair share of tracking back so this talk of him being tactically inept is ridiculous. He played with Lampard throughout the WC in a very disciplined role but people overlook those performances where he barely advanced to the edge of the oppositions 18 yard box. What are you basing this idea that he's tactically inept on by the way, any examples?

Everyone remembers Zidane being a disgusting player but if it wasn't for people like Deschamps or Makalele he wouldn't have been as effective because defensive responsibilities would have restricted his influence going forward. Messi plays wide left and doesn't track back with the full back, is that a sign of him being tactically inept?difference is gerrard can't tie either of there laces. when ure that good i will allow u.gerrard isn't that good, add to that he's supposed to be a central midfielder he's not a #10. he can't run a game like that lol he has 1 speed he can't control tempoonly teams who play with a #10 will definately need a dm but theres only a handful of teams who doUr knowledge of football is inept..Gerrard made it into the 2000 England squad as a DMF Established himself as a CMF hit plus 20 in a season Won PFA player of the yr playing as a RMF and hit 19 goals as a AMC this season. Englands top scorer in the last WC ... End of the day , who did Real want to replace Zidane when he left? Seriously fix up!

Guest Robin_Van_PersG
lol at thinkin scoring goals means you set the tempo in games
okay i don't want this to turn into a gerrard topic, but i'll say this - Gerrard arguably liverpools best and most influential midfielder/player has been moved out of position to accomodate a defensive mid. The tipic is about whether this reliancy on DMs is spoiling modern day football. Gerrard can score and assist as many goals from centre mid but by playing him in an advanced role you are essentially playing with 1 striker and a DM = negative.Like i said i don't want to dwell on liverpool and gerrard. I'm just asking if the box to box midfielder in a 2 man midfields a dying breed? but like i said i think it will change with the climate and if Teams and countries who play with a deep lying playmaker start to dominate then maybe this wil be become the new trend.

okay i don't want this to turn into a gerrard topic, but i'll say this - Gerrard arguably liverpools best and most influential midfielder/player has been moved out of position to accomodate a defensive mid. The tipic is about whether this reliancy on DMs is spoiling modern day football. Gerrard can score and assist as many goals from centre mid but by playing him in an advanced role you are essentially playing with 1 striker and a DM = negative.Like i said i don't want to dwell on liverpool and gerrard. I'm just asking if the box to box midfielder in a 2 man midfields a dying breed? but like i said i think it will change with the climate and if Teams and countries who play with a deep lying playmaker start to dominate then maybe this wil be become the new trend.
He's actually been moved to accomodate a deep lying playmaker (Alonso) and to benefit him in terms of attacking and not so much defending, as earlier in the season, in the 4-4-2 it was mascherano who was first choice in being his midfield partner the new formation brought Alonso back into the team not mascherano. I see what your saying though.

its the other way round gerrard needs two dms behind to cover his tactical ineptitude why you think houlier wanted to sell gerrardthe box to box midfielder isnt a dying breed de rossi and essien are pretty much the proto type modern midfield imoif gerrard is explicitly the dm it works but as a cm / attack minded cm gerrard aint all that to metoo many times i seen man rushing up to the final third and the ball forward hasnt even stuck and man gets caught out

its the other way round gerrard needs two dms behind to cover his tactical ineptitude why you think houlier wanted to sell gerrardthe box to box midfielder isnt a dying breed de rossi and essien are pretty much the proto type modern midfield imoif gerrard is explicitly the dm it works but as a cm / attack minded cm gerrard aint all that to metoo many times i seen man rushing up to the final third and the ball forward hasnt even stuck and man gets caught out
If houllier wanted to sell him why was one of the last things he did make Gerrard captain?Gerrard was pushed further forward because Benitez saw he could be more effective offensively.03-04 he scored 604-05 he scored 1305 06 he scored 23