panorama

Grafter

Guest Robin_Van_PersG

they need to relx on exams its an anti moron, and part of the reason why schools will keep certain kids on the margins - league table results.scrap league tablesonly have published tests at year 6 and year 11.me (future teacher)

in yr 6im sure they can handle ittheres too much of a loser mentality in britainall this, one kid feels inferior to another kid bollox shouldnt be the caseits not about being a loserits about being the best

Guest Robin_Van_PersG
in yr 6im sure they can handle ittheres too much of a loser mentality in britainall this, one kid feels inferior to another kid bollox shouldnt be the caseits not about being a loserits about being the best
some conservative party talk. so what about the child who after year 4 sats doesn't too well and as a consequence isn't put in the top group. Because of this this he/she is forced to learn at a certain level for the rest of his/her schooling life? It aint about kids being the best they can be at the moment - its about the schools being in competition to head the leage tables.you end up with the situation where a school at GCSE would rather put a child at intermediate level than advanced OR force a child into one of them 'vocational GCSEs' to make sure that the child can get a result which makes the school look better. I agree with the loser mentality statement, howver turning children into stressed out robots built to pass exams isn't the answer to anything. No wonder theres so many weed cats/depressed people in england.

some conservative party talk. so what about the child who after year 4 sats doesn't too well and as a consequence isn't put in the top group. Because of this this he/she is forced to learn at a certain level for the rest of his/her schooling life? It aint about kids being the best they can be at the moment - its about the schools being in competition to head the leage tables.you end up with the situation where a school at GCSE would rather put a child at intermediate level than advanced OR force a child into one of them 'vocational GCSEs' to make sure that the child can get a result which makes the school look better. I agree with the loser mentality statement, howver turning children into stressed out robots built to pass exams isn't the answer to anything. No wonder theres so many weed cats/depressed people in england.
i disagree to some extent with the league tabels particularly for primary schools, because it dooms certain schools to be that rubbish school that no one wants to go to, at that level it shouldnt be like thatwith that yr 4 child, and also the GCSE situationi think its wrong, to reduce the level of education that a child is entitled tosets should be representative of how the children in that set learn, like those in lower sets should obviously get more help but they shouldnt be limitedi disagree whole heartedly with the intermediate papers an lower tier papers at GCSE level, as i said, no child should be limitedbut tests are a good indication to the child of how well they are doin, and if a child happens to be in a lower set, theres the option of workin hard an movin to a higher set nex yri see what you are sayin about sats being to do with league tabels, cos thats wrongbut children should get used to be being tested, thats the only way u know how well you are doing,tbh i am sick an tired of exams but how else will society determine who is and isnt capable?