Rafa - Me >>>>>>> Wenger on youth signings

TF S4DK

Rafa Benitez has rather bizarrely claimed that Arsenal over spend on their young players whilst the Liverpool transfer policy is much more economical.The Reds manager claimed on Liverpool TV that his side got his young players on the cheap whilst Arsenal over pay.'I think we are signing fantastic young players but not spending big, big money. I think that is massive difference between Arsenal and us. They have spent big money on young players for a long time.We are signing players that sometimes you only have to pay compensation for, so we are trying to do our best not to spend too much money. If I told you some of the figures we have paid for certain players and what other clubs are paying you'd be surprised.' Said Benitez.Rafa must be forgetting that two of Arsenal's four players from the Premier League team of the season were acquired for less than a million, whilst the player who arguably should have replaced Gerrard in that team was also brought in for a nominal fee.Cesc Fabregas, Gael Clichy, Matty Flamini, Nicklas Bendtner, Armand Traore, Denilson, Alex Song, Robin van Persie, Philippe Senderos & Kolo Toure were all bought for under £15 Million COMBINED, whilst Rafa himself paid more than £8 Million for a player who Arsenal bought for £2.5 Million only a few years before.This is not the first time the Liverpool gaffer has had a pop at Arsenal's financial clout after recently claiming the scousers don't have the spending power of the Gunners despite shelling out more money for players each summer for the past 20000 years.

saw this. he's a nutguy is just stupid. lucas alone cost like 6-8mmaybe he's gettin some youts for cheap but who is playing? that sh*t argie cb he sent back? leto? i dunno these guys cos they play a couple games n get sent packingrafa and his termite infested house. tryna pull a fast 1 with his shotgun approach. buy 100 players im sure u will get 1 good player every 15 signings

Rafa Benitez has rather bizarrely claimed that Arsenal over spend on their young players whilst the Liverpool transfer policy is much more economical.The Reds manager claimed on Liverpool TV that his side got his young players on the cheap whilst Arsenal over pay.'I think we are signing fantastic young players but not spending big, big money. I think that is massive difference between Arsenal and us. They have spent big money on young players for a long time.We are signing players that sometimes you only have to pay compensation for, so we are trying to do our best not to spend too much money. If I told you some of the figures we have paid for certain players and what other clubs are paying you'd be surprised.' Said Benitez.Rafa must be forgetting that two of Arsenal's four players from the Premier League team of the season were acquired for less than a million, whilst the player who arguably should have replaced Gerrard in that team was also brought in for a nominal fee.Cesc Fabregas, Gael Clichy, Matty Flamini, Nicklas Bendtner, Armand Traore, Denilson, Alex Song, Robin van Persie, Philippe Senderos & Kolo Toure were all bought for under £15 Million COMBINED, whilst Rafa himself paid more than £8 Million for a player who Arsenal bought for £2.5 Million only a few years before.This is not the first time the Liverpool gaffer has had a pop at Arsenal's financial clout after recently claiming the scousers don't have the spending power of the Gunners despite shelling out more money for players each summer for the past 20000 years
Them ones. Going back to when the world record transfer fee was 2 rocks and a loaf of bread.

Beg Liverpool fans quit crying when someone sends for their club, and then complaining they are always the victim. SMHIf anything is getting neverending it's that.
The irony of this coming from you.Came with some big talk about how Berbatov is gonna expose us for the average team we are, lost 2 nil and then came back complaining when people were cussing.Spend half the season complaining about Arsenal fans sending for Spurs and then make a topic talking about rivalry and how you've got the right to talk sh*t about Arsenal and vice versa.Just two examples.

Rafa Benitez has rather bizarrely claimed that Arsenal over spend on their young players whilst the Liverpool transfer policy is much more economical.The Reds manager claimed on Liverpool TV that his side got his young players on the cheap whilst Arsenal over pay.'I think we are signing fantastic young players but not spending big, big money. I think that is massive difference between Arsenal and us. They have spent big money on young players for a long time.We are signing players that sometimes you only have to pay compensation for, so we are trying to do our best not to spend too much money. If I told you some of the figures we have paid for certain players and what other clubs are paying you'd be surprised.' Said Benitez.Rafa must be forgetting that two of Arsenal's four players from the Premier League team of the season were acquired for less than a million, whilst the player who arguably should have replaced Gerrard in that team was also brought in for a nominal fee.Cesc Fabregas, Gael Clichy, Matty Flamini, Nicklas Bendtner, Armand Traore, Denilson, Alex Song, Robin van Persie, Philippe Senderos & Kolo Toure were all bought for under £15 Million COMBINED, whilst Rafa himself paid more than £8 Million for a player who Arsenal bought for £2.5 Million only a few years before.This is not the first time the Liverpool gaffer has had a pop at Arsenal's financial clout after recently claiming the scousers don't have the spending power of the Gunners despite shelling out more money for players each summer for the past 20000 years
Them ones. Going back to when the world record transfer fee was 2 rocks and a loaf of bread.
:D

I rate Wenger for certain signings but he is way overrated with his transfers.Cesc obv the best, what you get him for 500k?But then Traore? WowSenderos? Big woopBendtner? lolAnd the amount of time it took players like Kolo and Clichy to play in the first team before they could even be considered as good signings was far too long imo

I rate Wenger for certain signings but he is way overrated with his transfers.Cesc obv the best, what you get him for 500k?But then Traore? WowSenderos? Big woopBendtner? lolAnd the amount of time it took players like Kolo and Clichy to play in the first team before they could even be considered as good signings was far too long imo
Calm down.Not every signing is going to be spot on is it & lol at mentioning Clichy when you dun know he had ashley cole in front of him, a top 3 selected left back.Only one i'll give you is senderos. Traore is still learning his game and Bendtner hasnt even had a proper run in the 1st team yet to be classed as a failed signing.smh

I never said they were sh*t signings. And im not sending at all.Just saying, the length of time it took Kolo to be classed as a key performer was (FOR EXAMPLE) 2 years. In those 2 years he did not perform up to scratch and the lost performances in that time was not good enough.THAT WAS AN EXAMPLE. Im not saying that is what happened.DO you see what I mean though?

Lol.Toure was sick within a undefeated Championship winning season. His first season on arrival he was a bit-part utility man, that never played centre half till the second season, where like I said he won the Premiership undefeated.Senderos lost his way, its his own fault, not Wenger's. Bendtner & Traore cost less than Ronaldo's weekly wage and Bendtner if sold now, your already looking at, at least 3m.Apart from Pennant, Wenger doesnt usually make a L finanically even if they dont work out at Arsenal.

Guest Eduardo

Some dumb opinionsToure started off in midfield but was quickly moved to centre back where's he regularly played to this day, Clichy was 18 when we signed him and had one of the best left backs in Europe ahead of him so why would he play straightaway? :D

But you suggested that while Toure who cost only 150k, the lost momentum of having him in the team in the short-term made him not seem as worthwhile as the long-term story tells...Yet acknowledged Cesc as one of Wenger's best.Cesc aint won a Premiership, Kolo did in his first full season.

Guest Eduardo

Really though TF, what are these guys on about.And I'm not giving them Senderos either, him during our CL run to the final helping to set records along the way >>>>>>>>