Athletics Followers...

Lurch

Olympics' in September (I think) and so it's now that Track & Field season again.100m looks to be hotting up again with Bolt running 9.76 this early on, Powell back from injury and Tyson Gay warming up for both by running 20 seconds dead in the 200m.We had this debate last year with Powell and Gay avoiding each other in the build up to Osaka and then Powell flopped, HARD. I'd really like to see Powell come through this time on the big stage, but have a feeling it'll be between Gay and Bolt.Idowu will f*ck up in the triple jump, he's always on a hype saying that he'll do something... then he flops too. I see Nathan Douglas having a better shot at a medal than him.Paula Radcliffe, Jessica Ennis and Kelly Sotherton will be the only British Track medal hopefuls, every other British Track and Field Athlete is pants. The Brit heptathletes have a big chance cos that Swede, Kluft won't be at the Olympics, supposedly.Oh and I think Christine Ohuruogu's gold last year was a freak thing and she won't be able to do it again, or maybe I'll be eating my words.

on this ting whens all the grand prixshave i missed them?

Guest Sho Case

rah didn't realise it was that time of year2008 is a real sporting event yearworld championship snookerCL finalwimbledoneuro 2008olympicsetc*intends to get up to scratch with athletics*

on this ting whens all the grand prixshave i missed them?
Not missed any, just been a few invitational and collegiate races so far. People are blazing early this year (as it's the Olympics).THE SPECIMENLurch posted about Bolt's f*ckED 9.76s and he just backed it up with a 9.92s with a bad start and easing up a tad at the end. So the only questions remains whether he can keep it up until the Olympics. Again he is f*ckED. A guy that tall (stride) with that kind of turnover, IT'S A WRAP!!!THE CHAMPIONStill the favourite for the Olympics no doubt (1/200m). Won his 1st 100m yesterday in 10.05s (negative wind) only just from Darvis Patton. Then goes and runs 20.08s in the 200m and near enough walked the last 10-15m. I don't know if anyone can touch him in the 200m this year. Bolt will be the closest challenger I feel.THE CHOKERWell Asafa is injured at the moment and won't be fit until next June. I don't personally feel he will have enough time to be ready for the Olympics and even if he were to be ready he will probably just choke again, especially as Bolt has come from nowhere in the 100m. This is his LAST LAST LAST chance, after this, I will right him off completely.+There's a few guys coming out of the woodwork this year, Richard Thompson, Ndure and a couple on the comeback trail Darrel Brown, Michael Frater and son on. Very excited I am.THE MACHINEWariner won't be beaten, but hopefully LaShawn Merritt will run him close and maybe that's the push the Wariner will need to break the 400m record. I would also like to see Kerron Clement run the 400m flat more. After seeing him stutter over the hurdles and still win last year, I would love to see what he could do if concentrating on the flat.------------------On the women's side, the 100m is too close to call. The final in Beijing should be sick. With aabout 5/6 of the ladies going under 11s.Allyson Femix is a class above in the 2/400m. She makes it look too easy, them effortless strides.------------------LMAO @ the British side of tings as far as the established athletes go. Mark Lewis-Francis is an injured prick. He won't be at the Olympics. Chambers probably won't run and Devonish aint quick enough. Aikins-Areety is looking good for the future as is Simeon Williamson and Gerals Phiri, but how many times have we heard that before.There's it for now!

its gnna be a shocking season for british track i thinki wanna see wariner smash the 400m record

Montgomery is a sick guy. Guy's not arsed.Nah Bolt is NATURALLY THAT GUY. Man ran 19.93 in the 200m at 16, 45.suttin in the 400m at 15. He is the next step in evolution. 6ft 6in and the turnover to match. That's why I call him a specimen. He has the ability to take it to the next level.+Wariner will break it, it's just a matter of when.

• 2 weeks later...

As mentioned...BOLT IS THAT GUY. Gay and Powell have got to step uo now, 3 sub 10 second times, with one being the World Record = Bolt causing Powell and Gay to sh*t themselves.The seaons just about started and it's got real interesting.Wariners sick man just took over the 400m a few years after MJ retired, didn't think I'd see further 400m dominance by one man over the lap.

• 4 weeks later...

No world records yet but, OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!USA Trials Quarter finals:Tyson Gay - 9.77sJeff Demps - 10.01s (My guy is 18)Walter Dix - 10.02s (Top end speed is nuts)^^Wind was 1.6Travis Padgett - 9.89sRodney Martin - 9.95sMark Jelks - 9.99s^^Wind was also 1.6Darvis Patton - 9.89sIvory Williams - 9.94s ^^Wind also 1.6That's 6 guys going sub 10s and 3 going sub 9.9s in a friggin quarter final of the trials OMG OMG!!!JA TrialsThen you've got Usain Bolt running 9.85s in -0.1 wind and he jogged the last 30m. Asafa ran 9.97s in the final and jogged the last 30m also.WOW!!!+In the Women's USA TrialsTorri Edwards ran 10.78s in the semi's, but didn't win the final.Muna Lee - 10.85sTorrie Edwards - 10.90Lauryn Williams - 10.90was the final and 5 women went under sub 11.JA TrialsKerron Stewart - 10.80 Shelly-Ann Fraser - 10.85 Sherone Simpson - 10.87 Veronica Campbell - 10.88 Veronica Campbell doesn't make the Olympics for the 100m.I would just like to add that I think Tyson Gay will push Bolt to a 9.6s in the Olympic final all being well.

htrshgrewagfwsfesFESFGVDVGS\rgvsfdvgsfvTyson Gay with a 9.68s wind was 4.1msJUST f*ck OFF YEAH!!!Watch his turnover.+Asafa and Bolt

src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">+My coach (when I can be arsed training) emails me what's going on in Athletics.

yh i see that final for us trials 100mgnna be a big one this year

i think this is going to be one of the most exciting olympic 100m final since 1996, but the times are crazy nowadays.What is it that's making these guys run so much better tho? Is it diet? supplements? etc because even up to 5 yrs ago, if you ran sub 10 seconds then that was seen as a huge step.

9.68JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZwhats windspeed limit btw?if everybody steps up and nobody chokes 100 is going to be f*ckED
His wind was like 4.1 m/s I think. Legal is 2.0. That time is nothing. He's on the juices for Olympics anyway, no doubt about it. Yanks arent gonna have the posibility of two Jamaicans beating them and pushing their star sprinter to 3rd in the most prestigous event in World Athletics. Actually, f*ck World Athletics, the whole Olympics.I'm just pissed I wont be in Jamaica to witness it.

9.68JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZwhats windspeed limit btw?if everybody steps up and nobody chokes 100 is going to be f*ckED
His wind was like 4.1 m/s I think. Legal is 2.0. That time is nothing. He's on the juices for Olympics anyway, no doubt about it. Yanks arent gonna have the posibility of two Jamaicans beating them and pushing their star sprinter to 3rd in the most prestigous event in World Athletics. Actually, f*ck World Athletics, the whole Olympics.I'm just pissed I wont be in Jamaica to witness it.
foolish deluded fool.like say anyone is scared of powell. he chokes on a glass of water

foolish deluded fool.like say anyone is scared of powell. he chokes on a glass of water
The word "possibility" was typed for a reason. The second time Bolt ran it, he ran faster than Gay had ever run. Let us not forget who Bolt broke the WR against in his 5th time competing in 100m sprint. Gay saw nothing but the back of Bolt's vest and spikes throughout, in his home country.Still deluded? Nah? Didnt think so

The word "possibility" was typed for a reason. The second time Bolt ran it, he ran faster than Gay had ever run. Let us not forget who Bolt broke the WR against in his 5th time competing in 100m sprint. Gay saw nothing but the back of Bolt's vest and spikes throughout, in his home country.Still deluded? Nah? Didnt think so
the juice partlol medals are what count. and i know how good bolt is wernt addressing him. asafa will fail to win againbronze is him

Been well off the pace recently with the track events. Gay and Bolt look dangerous but these sub 10 second times are just coming like it's nothing.Got to do some serious catching up. 9.68 by Gay, though wind assisted was f*cked. Speeds are too much.

the juice partlol medals are what count. and i know how good bolt is wernt addressing him. asafa will fail to win againbronze is him
LOOOLLLLLLLL at Asafa getting Bronze... What you on? Man'll be lucky to get fourth, the choker. (Watch how he takes gold now with some 9.6s dead WR time or some sh*t)

Fair enough. It was speculation anyway.lol, well I was more talking about Bolt than Asafa. You think I could be that deluded? After the man disappointed me so much in the World Champs? Lemme tell you somethin', when I saw the man quit, and see it in his face that he quit, I banged my computer desk, stamped my foot and lost any faith of him doing well in a major champs ever.Like Lurch said, he'll be lucky to get bronze. I bly'd him the first time in the Olympics, but that was the cardinal sin.