Sign in to follow this  
Fresh

No Dunces please

3 MEN GO INTO A MOTEL. THE MAN BEHIND THE DESK SAID THE ROOM IS £30 SOEACH MAN PAID £10 AND WENT TO THE ROOM.A WHILE LATER THE MAN BEHIND THE DESK REALIZED THE ROOM WAS ONLY £25SO HE SENT THE BELLBOY TO THE 3 GUYS' ROOM WITH £5.ON THE WAY THE BELLBOY COULDN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO SPLIT £5 EVENLYBETWEEN 3 MEN, SO HE GAVE EACH MAN A £1 AND KEPT THE OTHER £2 FORHIMSELF.THIS MEANT THAT THE 3 MEN EACH PAID £9 FOR THE ROOM, WHICH IS A TOTALOF £27, ADD THE £2 THAT THE BELLBOY KEPT = £29.WHERE IS THE OTHER POUND?

The answer is 12, I can confirm this with firm evidence.

Guest David Braund

i did this in year 10 maths n gt it rightf*ck k what i said doe

The trick is that there is no 'extra' dollar. The equation is really 9 + 9 + 9 = 25 + 2. [paid = received] The 27 is the money paid by the men [30 - 3 = 27]. The 25 and the 2 is the money received by the hotel/boy. [30 - 5 + 2] That's why adding the money paid [27] to a part of the money recieved [2] is not a correct equation.

The trick is that there is no 'extra' dollar. The equation is really 9 + 9 + 9 = 25 + 2. [paid = received] The 27 is the money paid by the men [30 - 3 = 27]. The 25 and the 2 is the money received by the hotel/boy. [30 - 5 + 2] That's why adding the money paid [27] to a part of the money recieved [2] is not a correct equation.
Yep , got sent around work time ago

The "other" pound has not gone anywhere.The phrasing in the question is a sleight of hand.They paid £25, the bellboy took up a fiver - he kept £2 and gave them £3. That's £30 accounted for

Guest haze-e

I see this on countdown the otherday.Carol Vorderman deaded it one time.

Guest David Braund
dont care they are 3 battyman in a roomgayness
LMFAO

dont care they are 3 battyman in a roomgayness
LMFAO
ajdshfdskhfsfssfs