investment fund manager

o-guy

i was reading, and i came across the titleThere was only a little information on what their job entails, but it seemd interesting looked it up on the net, and so f*ck allanyone knw any details about this specific job title or line of work?

I work for an Investment Company, Canada LifeWhat that role entails is for you to manage a series of funds, be it life of pension ones. You would need to keep them up to date, by collating performance data of the fund. You may also need to decide asset allocations for the fund, for example for a defensive fund you would choose assets with low risks to build up that fund, such as money and GILTS.

Guest haze-e
I work for an Investment Company, Canada LifeWhat that role entails is for you to manage a series of funds, be it life of pension ones. You would need to keep them up to date, by collating performance data of the fund. You may also need to decide asset allocations for the fund, for example for a defensive fund you would choose assets with low risks to build up that fund, such as money and GILTS.
Erm...Cosign...?

whats the process u need to go through to get this jobis that what yur trying to do?whats the pay saying?might have to check a careers officer

whats the process u need to go through to get this jobis that what yur trying to do?whats the pay saying?might have to check a careers officer
No I work in IT here, but when I very 1st started I done quotes for investments so got to know about the business.The best route for bare money is to become an IFA, some of the commission they make takes the mick, just for "advising" people what product and funds to invest in. The amount of IFA's who don’t even know what they are doing is a joke. Lat year one guy made £200k. But you need to study and pass exams to be an IFA. Look into it more.A fund manager is a pretty high job, you cant just walk into it with no experience as you would not know what to do or have any grasp of what funds are. Maybe try and get into a company and start by doing quotes, then work up from there. You need to get good grounding of how investments work and what types there are.

No I work in IT here, but when I very 1st started I done quotes for investments so got to know about the business.The best route for bare money is to become an IFA, some of the commission they make takes the mick, just for "advising" people what product and funds to invest in. The amount of IFA's who don’t even know what they are doing is a joke. Lat year one guy made £200k. But you need to study and pass exams to be an IFA. Look into it more.A fund manager is a pretty high job, you cant just walk into it with no experience as you would not know what to do or have any grasp of what funds are. Maybe try and get into a company and start by doing quotes, then work up from there. You need to get good grounding of how investments work and what types there are.
i'm in my first year of uni and i was revising and it sort of came upbut deff will look into this whole thing some moreby ifa u mean independant financial advisor right?

What kind of exam do you need to take? Any educational qualifications needed?I really am contemplating trying to get into the financial services industry. Looking to get an internship and work my way up.

i'm in my first year of uni and i was revising and it sort of came upbut deff will look into this whole thing some moreby ifa u mean independant financial advisor right?
Yeah, thats rightWhat you studying ?

What kind of exam do you need to take? Any educational qualifications needed?I really am contemplating trying to get into the financial services industry. Looking to get an internship and work my way up.
No not educational ones, but would assume Maths would be very goodFPC is what you need, a Financial Planning Certificate

Yeah, thats rightWhat you studying ?
law and economicsdoes it matter?