speeding

KING

i got 1 letter just today about speeding these times the offence was on 15th january. dont it have to come within 14 days, dats wat ppl are tellin me or is dat bullshit?
na fam never that. took a good few months for my sh*t to come. thought i was noice too hittin 88mph in a 5omph zone.

Guest PROFIT2

lol they can send you a fine upto 6 months after the offencei know this cos i got sent a parking ticket for a courtesy car i had 5 months later....thought "yeah right you can go whistle" told them there taking the piss its been to longthey told me to hold it down its been 5 months and 2 days and we have up to 6 monthstook them long becasue they had to trace me from the garage i got the courtesy car fromto be fair they allowed me too pay the reduced rate (£40) so i wasnt that pissed tbhstill a big boyment...5 months lol

Requirement of warning etc. of prosecutions for certain offences (1) Subject to section 2 of this Act, where a person is prosecuted for an offence to which this section applies, he is not to be convicted unless— (a) he was warned at the time the offence was committed that the question of prosecuting him for some one or other of the offences to which this section applies would be taken into consideration, or (:D within fourteen days of the commission of the offence a summons (or, in Scotland, a complaint) for the offence was served on him, or © within fourteen days of the commission of the offence a notice of the intended prosecution specifying the nature of the alleged offence and the time and place where it is alleged to have been committed, was— (i) in the case of an offence under section 28 or 29 of the [1988 c. 52.] Road Traffic Act 1988 (cycling offences), served on him, (ii) in the case of any other offence, served on him or on the person, if any, registered as the keeper of the vehicle at the time of the commission of the offence.