Porto to be booted out of the CL?

jcee

FC Porto at risk of being booted out of Champions League UEFA could exclude Dragons in wake of corruption scandal FC Porto are at risk of being disqualified from participation in next season’s Champions League owing to the ‘Final Whistle’ corruption scandal. The Portuguese League’s Disciplinary Committee penalised the three-time Portuguese champions with a six-point penalty and heavy fine, as well as banning club president Pinto da Costa from sporting activity for two years, for having been found guilty of attempting to bribe referees in the 2003/04 season. The penalty was largely meaningless, given that the Dragons had already won the league by a 20-point margin, but now it has emerged that the club may be thrown out of European competition as a result of their wrongdoings. It would prove a massive blow to the team, both in terms of prestige and financial rewards. The Portuguese club, along with Manchester United, hold the record number of appearances in what was formerly the European Cup since it adopted the Champions League format.
The decision hangs on a recently introduced UEFA ruling that stipulates: “to compete in UEFA competitions no club can be involved in any activity destined to combine or influence the result of a match at domestic or international level.” The exclusion of clubs found guilty of corruption is a recent addition to the UEFA regulations following the Italian “calciocaos” scandal. Milan were involved in the process and many called for them to be thrown out of the Champions League but at the time UEFA said no procedures were in place to allow this to happen. The regulations were subsequently changed.
Europe’s governing body have stated they are closely monitoring the situation. “As soon as the Portuguese Federation sends the list of clubs registered to play in next season’s UEFA competitions, we will examine the situation of the clubs in question. UEFA will only make a decision after checking that the clubs satisfy all the admission criteria,” a UEFA spokesman told Portuguese football site Maisfutebol. Should FC Porto be suspended from playing in Europe next season, it could trigger an exodus of many of their star players, such as Lucho Gonzalez, Lisandro Lopez, Ricardo Quaresma and Bruno Alves. An immediate consequence will see Guimaraes enter directly into the Champions League, with Benfica playing the final qualifying round to try and join the northerners and Sporting in next season’s competition.
still pissed they only got 6 points deduction when they were already 20 points ahead... least that will mean quaresma and co will leave.

The 6 points being taken away was an utter joke, they may aswell as left it.They need to come down hard on Porto, they've been caught red handed of match fixing, you break them you pay!Lucho Gonzalez is linked with a move to Barcelona with many others.

Guest Medic
The 6 points being taken away was an utter joke, they may aswell as left it.They need to come down hard on Porto, they've been caught red handed of match fixing, you break them you pay!Lucho Gonzalez is linked with a move to Barcelona with many others.
If Gonzalez goes to Barca, Yaya coming to Arsenal is a big possibility. Gonzalez is a straight regular.

Guest Risky360
i hope quaresma will join chelsea , bosingwa join man utd, and lopez join arsenalshared up nicely alie
:D:D:D do you not follow football or sumfin. mans already joined the prem.EDIT: YOUR TEAM ASWELL
oh i thought they were still negotiating...wel chelsea deserve quaresma cuz joe cole aint doin it most of the time same goes 4 malouda...arsenal need a new forward cuz at some point adebayor gona be left rotten and bendtner cant stop missin from 3yards..its horrible

i hope quaresma will join chelsea , bosingwa join man utd, and lopez join arsenalshared up nicely alie
:D:D:D do you not follow football or sumfin. mans already joined the prem.EDIT: YOUR TEAM ASWELL
oh i thought they were still negotiating...wel chelsea deserve quaresma cuz joe cole aint doin it most of the time same goes 4 malouda...arsenal need a new forward cuz at some point adebayor gona be left rotten and bendtner cant stop missin from 3yards..its horrible
lmao how could you have not known he had signed was all over the papers back pages next day, sports websites etc. thought everyone knew this.i think quaresma will probably up and leave but cant see him at chelsea for some reason dont know why. if you sell joe cole your mad he is sick should be starting every game.

Guest Risky360

if u read properly it says BOSINGWA JOOOIINN manutd...fukin hell read it properlyi aint clueless ..u lot jst h8 chelseais like me sayin man utd will beat chelsea at home...wats rong wid sayin dat...goin on like i aint got faith in them , u mans got issues man every1 got their own fukin opinion

Guest Risky360
if u read properly it says BOSINGWA JOOOIINN manutd...fukin hell read it properlyi aint clueless ..u lot jst h8 chelsea
I/we aint saying you said he had JOINED United.I/we are asking why you said you HOPED United would sign someone who you knew was one of your targets?
the only chelsea target i know about is sergio ramos tbh....dat torres bid was unnessecary

if u read properly it says BOSINGWA JOOOIINN manutd...fukin hell read it properlyi aint clueless ..u lot jst h8 chelsea
I/we aint saying you said he had JOINED United.I/we are asking why you said you HOPED United would sign someone who you knew was one of your targets?
the only chelsea target i know about is sergio ramos tbh....dat torres bid was unnessecary
Your first quote was this;
Then your second quote was this;
oh i thought they were still negotiating
So you're claiming you knew you was interested as you were negotiating.So the question is why you hoped your main divisional rivals signed someone you knew you was in for?