Hill-Wood "The Russian or The American? I'll take the Yank

TF S4DK

Stanley Kroenke may soon get a seat on the Arsenal board after a change of heart by Peter Hill-Wood.Arsenal's chairman insisted 12 months ago he “didn't want his sort” in English football.Now, it seems, American business entrepreneur Kroenke — who has a 12 per-cent stake in the club — is seen as a far more attractive option than Alisher Usmanov. The Russian billionaire is stalking the club having already accumulated a near 25 per cent blocking vote. Hill-Wood said: “Contrary to what I said before, I now believe he [Kroenke] may have a vital contribution to make to the future of this club."I'm not denying I said what I said, but I made those observations before meeting Stan."I have now got to know him and I have changed my opinions."Before I met him I didn't think he was the right person to take control of Arsenal."Now I know him as a man who is very much steeped in sport. He's a sports man."He has a major link with the club through the broadband rights and there is every reason to expect we shall discuss further how his involvement can be extended.”