Childhood Idols

Numero001

Everyone had them and showed different ways of affection. I know a few of the gyaldem would have had posters of the fave boyband up in their room, plucked fresh out of Young Voices or Smash Hits. Some obsessive's may have kissed said material or written little notes of "Shanice 4 J-Boog" or "Erin luvs Rick Astley" (that was your time wasnt it)?Mandem would have had Merlin Premier League sticker books and tore open the stickers in anticipation of seeing the face of their fave football player (no no homo needed) or a football replica kit with said players name on the back. World Cup time in the playground when dribbling on the ball running commentry would be similar to "And its Ronaldo on the ball. He beats one, he scores! Ooooh!" proceeded by mimicking his trademark celebration.On a lesser level, fave TV programs such as WWF and Sister Sister to comics/ cartoons with characters you gravitated towards and displayed fan behaviour such as defending them 'til the death in debates, never missing an episode or collecting action figures and memorabillia.Sporting-wise it was:image002.jpgLove him or hate him, you all watched him. Epitomised the word swagger, punching power was phenomenal, attractive switch-hitting style and no one in boxing has ever had a better entrance. Man walked down to the ring in MSG to Shelly Ann. One next time I remember him going down with a mic, man used to dance and make a big deal about his entrance. Something that was never seen before. I wanted to box because of him.hamed.jpgThe best performance I ever saw him put on. Everything was on point that day.Music-wise:132230__nas_l.jpgMaybe 'cause I'd only been exposed to commercial HH, this was the first time I heard someone that was kicking knowledge in HH and it opened up my ears and mind. Nas was that rapper for me, in the battle with Jay I hated Jay and never listened to his sh*t without thinking he was a prick. Took me until Black Album to take him seriously, so sadly I've never liked The Blueprint lolLooks-wise:Well, where do I start. As every other young person, my crushes on singers would change more than my y-fronts, Jah know!Ranging fromChillichilli_tlc.jpgRaven-Symoneraven-symone-32824.jpgHad it all planned that I was gonna be a millionaire by 23 and I would marry her. That isnt gonna happen now :D3c3aaeb9-2797-4f34-ad84-ae9e2feff80c.widec.jpgMy number one. To this day I still love her. Thats how you know man werent bounty cah everyman used to say Baby in ends but I stayed true lolObviously your's doesnt have to be that detailed lol, but who were yours and if poss why. Anyhow there are red x' I'll be pissed

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LOGers
Everyone had them and showed different ways of affection. I know a few of the gyaldem would have had posters of the fave boyband up in their room, plucked fresh out of Young Voices or Smash Hits. Some obsessive's may have kissed said material or written little notes of "Shanice 4 J-Boog" or "Erin luvs Rick Astley" (that was your time wasnt it)?
Made me snort with laughter tbh

The Green/White Ranger.Legend
jasondavidfrank2.jpg??he changed colours quite a bit inniti loved himu kno what aswell, i was watchin power rangers the other day and all the characters have changed, yet hes still in it crazyanywayi loved153138__zach_l.jpg

My MumMy FatherMy Grand ParentsChicago FmTaste FmUpfront FmKool FmBobby BrownAction JacksonCosby ShowDesmondsReal McoyOnly Fools & HorsesKnight RiderThe EnforcerAirwolfHemanVisionairesFirst Season of Power RangersOldskool Spiderman Cartoon with Ice Man etc...A-TeamNigel BennBarry MaguiganChris EubanksIan WrightDallian AtkinsonAndy Gray (Black One)John BarnesPaul ParkerLinford CristieCarl LewisCant think of anymore

Guest LOGers
Sooty from Sooty and Sweep, dont think i didnt clock from young he was called sooty cuz he was slyly black
ahahahahahahahaI actually loved that programme so much.
i loved153138__zach_l.jpg
This guy is still sexy now.