Lovers falling short of your expectations

Fresh

Everyone has certain expectations when it comes to partners/babyparents. But has anybody here been in a situation where:A:- You've fallen for someone who falls quite outside your usual expectations/criteria for a partnere (for example falling in love with a girl with little prospects)B:- You've had a serious partner who's slipped outside of those standard expectations.C:- Certain negatives you see in your partner encourage you to up your standard expectations .Discuss, If you haven't been in such a situation what do you think you would do, bare in mind that in each scenario you are more or less in love, stars in eyes etc...

i think the key is to not expect nothing from no onetake everyone as they comethereby greatly reducing the risk of dissappointment
So you're telling me you dont have criteria to catagorise yor 'hubby material'
thats xacly what i'm tellin u

Guest Flat Eric
i think the key is to not expect nothing from no onetake everyone as they comethereby greatly reducing the risk of dissappointment
strong

I know this aids infested, crack smoking, one legged guy who's in the market for a girlfriend.Can I give him your number?Standards love standards!

I know this aids infested, crack smoking, one legged guy who's in the market for a girlfriend.Can I give him your number?Standards love standards!
dont be a prick all ur life

dont be a prick all ur life
Funny I was thinking the same thing.Its dumb not to have standards and expectation, you made youself look a fool with what you said.You have to have some expectations cos someone could ruin your life if your not on that road already

no not at allllow havin a list of things that a person has to have for me to want to be with themif i like him then i like him, if i dont then i dontthe most important thing is knowin myself, which i do, and very wellanything after that is anything, i will know if a mans good for me without havin some ridiculous listthem type of things will only lead to dissappointmentfurther more life is about growth and change, things dont always stay the sameincludin ur list, and that person who dont fit that list

no not at allllow havin a list of things that a person has to have for me to want to be with themif i like him then i like him, if i dont then i dontthe most important thing is knowin myself, which i do, and very wellanything after that is anything, i will know if a mans good for me without havin some ridiculous listthem type of things will only lead to dissappointmentfurther more life is about growth and change, things dont always stay the sameincludin ur list, and that person who dont fit that list
lol @ thinking there is a concrete list, I know you'll see certain guys here talking about wifey credentials as if it's a recognized qualification. I think your missing the point smads.
the most important thing is knowin myself, which i do, and very wellanything after that is anything, i will know if a mans good for me without havin some ridiculous list
This is what im talking about, I know I didnt word my opening post well enough, but Im talking about falling for a guy that you know isn't good for you, would you still go along with it. Maybe you would, but the whole 'wifey credentials' trend is the reason behind this topic. Cos im sure certain guys have partners that aren't actually earning more than them, and cant cook toast let alone slave away on a daily.

Im sure certain guys have partners that aren't actually earning more than them, and cant cook toast let alone slave away on a daily.
Ive dated chicks I wouldnt let cook toast let alone allowing them in the kitchen but for me there are certain things that a chick must know how to handle especially for the long haul.Getting with a chick that hasnt even had ataste of independence will jar my brain, lack of common sense.... "It says its super glue bitch why did you glue yourself to the radiator? What you werent sure?"Long and short nuff of us have been through tough times so I already know that hookin up with a chick that has no concept of getting through such hard times is just dumb.And knowing to avoid such folk suggests you do have some type of criteria Samiad

:D If you dont have expectations what does it say about what you are willing to settle for?What you settle for is a direct reflection on yourself.And so you do have standards Smad.I think you're more opposed to the idea of looking down on people based on judging them, rather than accepting that what has been said is truth, and everyone does it...No Oprah.

:D If you dont have expectations what does it say about what you are willing to settle for?What you settle for is a direct reflection on yourself.And so you do have standards Smad.I think you're more opposed to the idea of looking down on people based on judging them, rather than accepting that what has been said is truth, and everyone does it...No Oprah.
yh ur rightand yh bert i see what ur sayin nowon further reflection, in terms of 'criteria' i think personally i kno what i dont want... if u get what i mean

yh ur rightand yh bert i see what ur sayin nowon further reflection, in terms of 'criteria' i think personally i kno what i dont want... if u get what i mean
*expects apology for the 'prick' comment**knows he isnt going to get one*

its not really warranted

its not really warranted
Your already sussed out, bare ppl struggle to say sorry, especially on Vip so just drop it

not really, u obviously got a thing about havin the last wordend of the day, standards are different to expectationstried to take me for someone without common sense and think that u deserve an apologyu threw the first stone, and u want the last word, what sense does that make?none tbh

Everyone has certain expectations when it comes to partners/babyparents. But has anybody here been in a situation where:A:- You've fallen for someone who falls quite outside your usual expectations/criteria for a partnere (for example falling in love with a girl with little prospects)B:- You've had a serious partner who's slipped outside of those standard expectations.C:- Certain negatives you see in your partner encourage you to up your standard expectations .Discuss, If you haven't been in such a situation what do you think you would do, bare in mind that in each scenario you are more or less in love, stars in eyes etc...
i have been in that situation, Now i think, i can so do much better.