Man City claim last Uefa Cup Slot

Flojo

Manchester City will play in next season's Uefa Cup after claiming a place via the Premier League's fair play table.England were awarded an extra place in the tournament after the Premier League came top of Uefa's fair play rankings.Sven-Goran Eriksson's side finished sixth in the Premier League fair play table, but all the sides above them had already qualified for Europe.City will join the Uefa Cup at the first qualifying round stage in July.They had feared losing out to Fulham in the race for European football after centre-back Richard Dunne was sent off in the 8-1 defeat by Middlesbrough in their final game of the season."It's like the dream came true," Eriksson, whose future at the club is in serious doubt, told the club's official website."Our dream to play in Europe has been strong all season."At one point we thought we were almost sure to get there, at other points we've been almost out of it, but now this news is absolutely fantastic for the club, for the fans and for everyone."It's a step in the right direction because the target for this club in the future is to play in the Champions League, and the Uefa Cup is a very good school to learn about European football."It's a confirmation that we are a good team, but also a team that behaves well on the pitch, we are good with the referees and we try to follow the rules as much as possible. It's like a bonus for us."Club chairman Thaksin Shinawatra added: "I am delighted for everybody at the club, especially our supporters."City, who finished in ninth place in the league table, qualified for the Uefa Cup on the same basis in 2003.The fair play system awards points based on criteria including respect for opponents and the referee, positive play as well as the number of yellow and red cards received.City will not be able to host the first qualifying round tie at Eastlands as the pitch is due to be relaid once a Bon Jovi concert has taken place on 22 June.Huddersfield's Galpharm Stadium, which usually plays host to rugby league in the summer, has been mentioned as a possible alternative.The draw for the first qualifying round will be made on 30 June, with City placed in the Northern section.

f*ck*ng cuntswhen england wins the fair play league the intertoto place should be given to the winners of the fair play league an extra uefa should go to the leaguei mean what if derby would of won itderby would automatically be in europethat would be such an embaressment for englandthey should be made to qualify

f*ck*ng cuntswhen england wins the fair play league the intertoto place should be given to the winners of the fair play league an extra uefa should go to the leaguei mean what if derby would of won itderby would automatically be in europethat would be such an embaressment for englandthey should be made to qualify
I would usually vouch for Villa, as I have strong connections with Villa fans from the West Midlands, but your nut huggery of Liverpool recently, particularly Rafa Benitez has reached astronomical levels.With that said, I am glad that Man City got the UEFA cup spot intead of Villa.I hope that you crash out of the first round of the intertoto cup.Although we (Pool) don't really need Barry, I hope that we sign him anyway once he realises that he won't be playing in Europe for a 'small club' (Rafa said Everton was a small club so what does that make you?), not so much to boost our squad, but to piss you off.I hope that you will be involved in a relegation dogfight so that the remainder of your starlets leave the following summer just to bring you back down to reality.In a nut shell, on some Dave Chappelle sh*t 'f*ck YO CLUB BITCH!'*Yes Sendage*1

1) I dont see what relevance your hatred has to the topic, but I'm pleased you see Villa as that much of a threat.2) Rafa said that about Everton because hes an arrogant, foreign idiot who has no knowledge of football in this country and the traditions and history it has.3) Although I'm obviously seeing it from our point of view, it's still not fair. No team should qualify automatically for Europe regardless of ability for being the 6th cleanest team in the country - it could embaress the whole of England if some incapable team qualified (ala Derby).4) Barry is, according to Rafas Benitez lover Ballague (no homo) your number 1 target. And how does the saying go "In Rafa we trust"?The fact of the matter is that your pissed because I can hold an argument against you, because your club is a shadow of what it once was and our club is completely revitalised from our last 10 years of dark days.You are considerably better than us, but you have almost no stability at the moment, everything in the back is up in the air.And on the one hand it could turn out rosy and your back to the glory days, but it could also just as easily completely f*ck your club up and you turn into the new Leeds.The fact of the matter is, as much as you may or may not want him, you are pissed because Gareth Barry, who plays for 'small club' Aston Villa isn't jumping at the chance to join you.You should be very worried, along with us, Everton and Spurs have the potential to overtake you in the next season or two unless Liverpool gets sorted out asap.

1) I dont see what relevance your hatred has to the topic, but I'm pleased you see Villa as that much of a threat.2) Rafa said that about Everton because hes an arrogant, foreign idiot who has no knowledge of football in this country and the traditions and history it has.3) Although I'm obviously seeing it from our point of view, it's still not fair. No team should qualify automatically for Europe regardless of ability for being the 6th cleanest team in the country - it could embaress the whole of England if some incapable team qualified (ala Derby).4) Barry is, according to Rafas Benitez lover Ballague (no homo) your number 1 target. And how does the saying go "In Rafa we trust"?The fact of the matter is that your pissed because I can hold an argument against you, because your club is a shadow of what it once was and our club is completely revitalised from our last 10 years of dark days.You are considerably better than us, but you have almost no stability at the moment, everything in the back is up in the air.And on the one hand it could turn out rosy and your back to the glory days, but it could also just as easily completely f*ck your club up and you turn into the new Leeds.The fact of the matter is, as much as you may or may not want him, you are pissed because Gareth Barry, who plays for 'small club' Aston Villa isn't jumping at the chance to join you.You should be very worried, along with us, Everton and Spurs have the potential to overtake you in the next season or two unless Liverpool gets sorted out asap.
Rafael Benitez
MON, Mr Aston Villa wants to join a better club. Get over it mate. Don't let it burn like Usher. :D:D:D:D:D

Rafael Benitez
MON, Mr Aston Villa wants to join a better club. Get over it mate. Don't let it burn like Usher. :D:D:lol::D:D
failand your setting yourself up for a bigger fail since the last thing barry said to the media was
"We want to get ourselves back where we belong."
camron.gifROFL. You had better get used to Barry leaving now. You know them ones that would soften the blow once Ashley leaves in a year from today. :D:D:D:D:D

*decrypts post which has no relevance or makes no real point**realises hes just tryna gain lols by drawing for the overused used-to-be-funny gifs he found on google to back his argument, because its just dawned on him that barry leaving isnt nailed on and in two weeks he might be more pissed than alex and erin put together on their frightful days*

*realises this thread has turned into a bowl of gone off sour grapes and awaits the mods to do their jobs*
Murks, No. 6 not number 7. Remember they need our existing left back (Riise)
Forreal though, change it to number 6. Ashley can comfortably switch to number 7 in 2009. He does wear no.7 right? Number 7 would be kept nice and warm for him. :D:D:D:D:D

*realises this thread has turned into a bowl of gone off sour grapes and awaits the mods to do their jobs*
Murks, No. 6 not number 7. Remember they need our existing left back (Riise)
Forreal though, change it to number 6. Ashley can comfortably switch to number 7 in 2009. He does wear no.7 right? Number 7 would be kept nice and warm for him. :D:D:D:D:D
I think I need to edit Barrys boat onto a Riise slide across the floor goal celebration.. But its long this will do for nowAs for Ashley.. Yeah he does wear 7. In my opinion he would fit into that shirt perfectly.. Hes got all the stats of a Kop number 7.. Unfortunately Kewell couldn't meet them requirements due to injuryWill be great to see him in a Liverpool shirt.