Giving to charity

Guest Robin_Van_PersG

Guest Robin_Van_PersG

Was watching tele earlier and came across ariel promoting their product (washing up powder) by pledging to create 10 litres of clean drinking water in 3rd world countries. Advert got me vex, how desperate are these companies? This campaign has actually made me not want to buy ariel, f*ck that cheap PR stunt. On the surfacfe it looks like a good scheme, but really and truly its a business move.Anyone else hate the idea of using charity to promote products? Charities cool, some people are unfortunate and could do with some help. i wouldn't have no qualms giving to projects suh as children in need etc. nor buying big issues. My theory is 'most' people give to charity for their own self esteem. Be honest does it make you feel a bit better about yourself. Swear down the next person i hear talking about 'helping kids in africa/asia' is going on the hitlist. Bob Geldoff gets a bly though because he seems geuine.http://www.psi.org/news/0508a.htmlThe ariel project in more detail.Charity = self esteem boost/good brand promotion. True?

Guest Remy Lebeau

i was digusted at thisi swear it got me madwhy not just donate the f*ck*ng waterwhy should it take someone buying their f*ck*ng productgot to me when i saw the advert and will not be buying ariel....ever

Guest Mr. BLK

lol @ not understanding how charitys worki work for a charity.Yes employees get paid, but we get funded to do certain projects, money that is donated goes into rolling out these projectsusing a charity to promote a product is wronghowever using a product to promote a charity has benefits for both parties

Guest Robin_Van_PersG
i was digusted at thisi swear it got me madwhy not just donate the f*ck*ng waterwhy should it take someone buying their f*ck*ng productgot to me when i saw the advert and will not be buying ariel....ever
exactly tryig to get people to guilt buy. Disgusting PR move and surprised they got away with it. My thing with charity is - i'll do it/havedone it but i feel people only do it to boost their esteem. Ariel have tapped into this.

billions of charity money gets donated to starving africans/asians and nothing changes. wtf are they doing with the money? thats why i dont donate
for every £1 given to an african charity, £10 is repaid by an african country in loans. dont be fooled

CHARITY AINT sh*tI AINT GIVING MY MONEY 2 DROWNING BENGALIS AND STARVING AFRICANS I WANT A NEW PAIR OF MAHA JEANSTHEY'L UNDERSTAND*REALISES HES GOING 2 HELL*
Sick guy tho I agree with not to giving to charity. When I'm ready I'll set up my own & do it that way SO i know its really helping ppl.

f*ck charitythey ain't getting what you're giving unless you go there yourself and give them cash in hand
n even then they'll go spend it on crackf*ckin africans
lol truealso reminds me of scary movie when he gives the tramp a sarnie and gets it dashed back at him lmao

f*ck charity. never have and never will donate a penny to them. the intellegence levels of people (in general) is laughable. when you think about the amount that must have been donated over the years its funny to see how many people still think they should donate to charity and that all the money actually goes there. SMH biggest scam ever.

when/if i'm in the position to help financially, i'll go to these so called third world countries myself and help out the best i can
Same i'd rather SEE where my money is going and what it is doing.That way I know it's served its purpose.

I dont give to charity:1: Those annoying outgoing funny guys on the street that hasle you for money get £8 an hour AT LEAST2: They have far too many tv advertsI'm on the local thing, last time I gave money away for for a hospital near my work for a dialysis machine.