Wenger "I said two, but I might scoop three"

TF S4DK

Arsenal's summer spending will not be driven by reputation, according to Arsène Wenger. The manager intends to bring in "two or three" players over the close season to bolster a squad that went so close to silverware on two fronts last term. As ever the Frenchman is disinterested in the fanfare surrounding certain stars, his concern is solely a player's ability to add that extra edge to his side."I think a huge player is better than a huge name," said Wenger speaking last weekend. "You have huge names who produce very little at the moment."There is plenty of demand from players who want to join us and what we need next year is two or three maybe."Given the youth of his side and the fact they let leads slip in some big games last season, it is natural to suggest the former Monaco manager may go for experience. But when one questioner asked him whether he needed to add that quality to his squad over the summer, Wenger's reply was telling."We just need talent," he said.