Cesc Fabregas to sign lucrative deal

MrJibbles

Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas is close to signing a new, lucrative contract aimed at finally warding off Real Madrid and Barcelona.The 21-year-old Young Player of the Year is already committed to Arsenal until 2014 but it is understood the club are set to complete a new deal worth around £100,000 a week.Gael Clichy already confirmed that he has agreed to a new deal and is about to extend his existing contract by a further two years.Fabregas joined Arsenal in 2003 and in 2006 he signed an eight-year deal; his existing agreement is believed to be worth around £60,000 a week and despite insisting that they will not break their strict wage structure, the youngster's wages will be increase to send a clear message to Spain that he is staying at the Emirates Stadium.In February, Fabregas revealed that he was in talks aimed at improving his already lucrative agreement and Arsene Wenger, his manager, admitted that a deal could be done when the season had finished.At the time Fabregas said: "I want to succeed at Arsenal and that the club wants me is fundamental for me. I am proud (to be linked to Barcelona), I am from Barcelona and I have played there. But now I only think of winning as many titles as possible here (at Arsenal)."Real have never disguised their admiration for Fabregas and, more recently, Ramon Calderon, the club's president, said: “Every coach likes him but my policy is that it has to be the player who makes the first step for the signing because we don't want conflicts with any team. Something nice about Cesc is that he is Spanish and this is one of my objectives - to make Real Madrid more Spanish.”advertisementFabregas has also admitted that he would like to see a fellow Spaniard join Arsenal, claiming that David Villa, who is set to leave Valencia, would be an ideal signing at the Emirates.Wenger, for now, will be satisfied just to keep Fabregas and Clichy in North London, particularly after losing his midfield partner, Mathieu Flamini, to AC Milan on a free transfer. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtm.../ufncesc116.xml
Excellent!

Guest Sho Case

really thoughwhat is the needcontracted til 2014already on 60knearly doubling man's wages,for what?to 'warn off' 2 clubsyet the extra 40k could easily be the wages for a very good player that we 'cannot afford to break a wage structure for'didn't we do a similar thing with henry aswell..contracts don't even hold much weight

really thoughwhat is the needcontracted til 2014already on 60knearly doubling man's wages,for what?to 'warn off' 2 clubsyet the extra 40k could easily be the wages for a very good player that we 'cannot afford to break a wage structure for'didn't we do a similar thing with henry aswell..contracts don't even hold much weight