‘Big Brother’ Database For Phones & E-Mails

Thun

‘Big Brother’ database for phones and e-mailsRichard Ford

A massive government database holding details of every phone call, e-mail and time spent on the internet by the public is being planned as part of the fight against crime and terrorism. Internet service providers (ISPs) and telecoms companies would hand over the records to the Home Office under plans put forward by officials. The information would be held for at least 12 months and the police and security services would be able to access it if given permission from the courts. The proposal will raise further alarm about a “Big Brother” society, as it follows plans for vast databases for the ID cards scheme and NHS patients. There will also be concern about the ability of the Government to manage a system holding billions of records. About 57 billion text messages were sent in Britain last year, while an estimated 3 billion e-mails are sent every day.
http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/busi...icle3965033.eceLMAO at its being done to protect you from terrorism

Don't really see the problem. If they really wanted to they could clearly tap into anybody's internet anytime they want anyway, so this won't change that. Plus they need permission from a court (i.e. they'll have to produce evidence that you are committing some kind of terrorist crime) before they are legally allowed to look at your e-mails/listen to your conversations.

Every time they move a step closer.Slowly but surley they are inplementing the system that will keep many in tyranny if people do not say no now to it all being set up.Once people accept the database then the next step will be we dont need a court order now.

A massive government database holding details of every phone call, e-mail and time spent on the internet by the public is being planned as part of the fight against crime and terrorism. Internet service providers (ISPs) and telecoms companies would hand over the records to the Home Office under plans put forward by officials. The information would be held for at least 12 months and the police and security services would be able to access it if given permission from the courts. The proposal will raise further alarm about a “Big Brother” society, as it follows plans for vast databases for the ID cards scheme and NHS patients. There will also be concern about the ability of the Government to manage a system holding billions of records. About 57 billion text messages were sent in Britain last year, while an estimated 3 billion e-mails are sent every day.
http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/busi...icle3965033.eceLMAO at its being done to protect you from terrorism
lol.if the police want to find out- what website you've been visiting- who you been calling and texting- what you had for dinner on 23rd october 2004- what you been doctors for- How much moneys in your bank accountThey can already access this information with EASE. In fact even the average joe who has a family member working for the NHS/Police/Vodafone/BT etc can access most of this information. Look at all of us on this forum, how many times a week do we readily hand over our information to people. Thun do you have a bank account? do you have a phone? do you have the internet? There's probably some 17 year old call centre worker looking at your bank balance now seeing how you spend £17.99 on Richard Shaylors new book.We have always lived in a Big brother State. If you don't like it then cut off your connection with technology, it's easy.

lol.if the police want to find out- what website you've been visiting- who you been calling and texting- what you had for dinner on 23rd october 2004- what you been doctors for- How much moneys in your bank accountThey can already access this information with EASE. In fact even the average joe who has a family member working for the NHS/Police/Vodafone/BT etc can access most of this information. Look at all of us on this forum, how many times a week do we readily hand over our information to people. Thun do you have a bank account? do you have a phone? do you have the internet? There's probably some 17 year old call centre worker looking at your bank balance now seeing how you spend £17.99 on Richard Shaylors new book.We have always lived in a Big brother State. If you don't like it then cut off your connection with technology, it's easy.
Like they dont have access to that information anyway if they really wanted specific information on you. I think we know that streets.They are just making it known now in the media to let all the dumb cattle know the deal.What you got to understand is there is a difference between companies having my information and the government spying and collecting that information.I hand over information and dont mind that information being spread around but the government are actually gathering my information without my permission. The government are there to serve not to spy and collect data on the people. Allow an Orwellian society.How have we always lived in a big brother state before 9/11?The set up of all of it with the CCTV and all the other draconian laws has only been in full effect since 9/11. They was setting up a little before then but just look at the acceleration since 9/11.

ACTUALLY police cannot access your bank accont unless you give them permission if they are investigating a crime.I know this because my cousin was twanged to do an AC and popo got involved.They asked him to come and sign a contract saying that they could access his bank account.If he didnt then they couldnt legally go into it. So it wouldnt hold up in court

Don't really see the problem. If they really wanted to they could clearly tap into anybody's internet anytime they want anyway, so this won't change that. Plus they need permission from a court (i.e. they'll have to produce evidence that you are committing some kind of terrorist crime) before they are legally allowed to look at your e-mails/listen to your conversations.
whos gonna police the police?the laws are theirs
The police have to go through the courts, and a lot of the judges etc. aren't as fond of the police as you'd think.Plus there are agencies responsible for policing the police and regulating them.

Like they dont have access to that information anyway if they really wanted specific information on you. I think we know that streets.They are just making it known now in the media to let all the dumb cattle know the deal.What you got to understand is there is a difference between companies having my information and the government spying and collecting that information.I hand over information and dont mind that information being spread around but the government are actually gathering my information without my permission. The government are there to serve not to spy and collect data on the people. Allow an Orwellian society.How have we always lived in a big brother state before 9/11?The set up of all of it with the CCTV and all the other draconian laws has only been in full effect since 9/11. They was setting up a little before then but just look at the acceleration since 9/11.
But that's like saying "look at the acceleration of broadband since 2001"broadband acceleration = mad fast since 2001mobile phone technology acceleration = mad fast since 2001youths being involved in violence = mad acceleration since 2001Like I said in a previous topic a few months back, back in the day the goverment used to knock on houses door to door to collect taxes. They made a doomsday book that had details of basically what each family owned. If that aint an invasion of privacy I don't know what is. I definatley agree with you that the UK has too many stupid laws which allow companies access to our personal files, but to claim it's some major goverment conspiricy is rubbish, because like I said they have always had the resources and power to spy on us.Also - goverments are not there to serve. Goverments are there to opress their people and keep a small circle of people in power.

But that's like saying "look at the acceleration of broadband since 2001"broadband acceleration = mad fast since 2001mobile phone technology acceleration = mad fast since 2001youths being involved in violence = mad acceleration since 2001Like I said in a previous topic a few months back, back in the day the goverment used to knock on houses door to door to collect taxes. They made a doomsday book that had details of basically what each family owned. If that aint an invasion of privacy I don't know what is. I definatley agree with you that the UK has too many stupid laws which allow companies access to our personal files, but to claim it's some major goverment conspiricy is rubbish, because like I said they have always had the resources and power to spy on us.Also - goverments are not there to serve. Goverments are there to opress their people and keep a small circle of people in power.
You cant deny draconian laws and the surveillance society has accelerated since 2001. That is plain to be seen. Youth violence has always been about so dont know about that comparison.Back in the day the government did not have the capable means to have the surveillance system they got now due to technology.Governments and monarchies have always wanted there way with the people but were always unable to do this in the past due to not having the feasible means to carry it out but now we live in a new age with science and technology being a powerful tool for the elites of the new world order. I suppose you will be in denial saying its a conspiracy theory that world elites have used the term new world order many times even though is it heavily documented and there is plenty of footage of them stating it.Governments are not put in power to oppress their people and keep a small circle of people in power. This might be the view they want you to have but having that type of attitude will only make you a weaker man. People like Thomas Jefferson who was one of the founding fathers of America had some great quotes which he states:
Does the government fear us? Or do we fear the government? When the people fear the government, tyranny has found victory. The federal government is our servant, not our master!
I am not a friend to a very energetic government. It is always oppressive.
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive.

Our country are too f*ck*ng lazy to do f*ckall about the goverments ways.These petrol prices back in the 70's would cause riots, we just sick back and take it.Fair enough i aint rioting myself, but if people actually starting rioting, rapid changes would happen.

Our country are too f*ck*ng lazy to do f*ckall about the goverments ways.These petrol prices back in the 70's would cause riots, we just sick back and take it.Fair enough i aint rioting myself, but if people actually starting rioting, rapid changes would happen.
The media have a big part in brainwashing the people making them not want to get up and do something.

The media have a big part in brainwashing the people making them not want to get up and do something.
YepEven the ammount of illuminati sumbols in GTA is f*cked!

c/s

Yeah I remember reading about this 6 months ago..Some invasion of privacy going on there.Why do they not just put their sex ofenders register and criminal records to good use; open them, get the telephone numbers and emails to all criminals and then do this on them Instead of attacking every other law abiding citizen?

Why do they not just put their sex ofenders register and criminal records to good use; open them, get the telephone numbers and emails to all criminals and then do this on them Instead of attacking every other law abiding citizen?
Makes sense but the governments intention is to target the public.