Sign in to follow this  
Flojo

ukfunky FAO House Listeners

Just had a go at my 1st house tune, not sure what sub genre it fits into but I'd say Funky. I'd appreciate it if you could have a listen and give me some feedback on everything from the drum pattern to the arrangement. Any VIP2 DJ's who might be feeling any of the stuff I make will get tunes sent.uthir - at home.mp3 - 5.55MBSafe :D

funky yea..just because of that bongo drum sound i usually hear in funky tracks
Like I said I'm not sure about the genre.

*awaits for CK to come in bitchin about it being labeld as Funky*But yeahh, id say its Funky and i like it tbh (allthough i can only hear it outta one speaker cuz my other one blew) so its quite quiet for meIts more of the mellow soulful type of funky like and maybe you should switch it up somewere in the beat of bring in another melody so it doesnt get repetitive but overall i do like it, nice one

Yeah this has got the right vibe for a "funky" track for sure.I think the strings should come in around 57s rather than 1:27s. But that's just down to personal preference on my part.

Safe for the feedback. I kinda had the same opinion about the arrangement being a bit repetitive after listening back to it a few more times.I'll up the full thing when I've finished it and you can see how it turned out, safe.

Guest faze

was alright for a first try.... with a few different sounds it could have potential...

I Want You - You already know im feelin this oneTwilight - This is quite sick, got an electro feel to it aswellHunter - Very sick, the first melody at the start is sick, reminds me of some old garage stuff, simple but efefctive then when the next melody comes in is nice aswellAirforce - drum pattern on this im liking alot, the whole overall beats sick, quite grimey aswell (i swear i hear i want you in it aswell?) but this is a bangerThats What I Want - Im feeling this one alot, very minimal but its big and that works for itCling Sling (lol) - This is massive but im not sure about the sound that comes in at 45, dont know about it it doesnt fit the tune imo, Something needs to be there to fill it out like but i dont think thats the right thingCockney Thug Remix - This is big aswell, i love the melody on the original like and you got it pretty on point on this one - could do with abit more bass on this track though, doesnt seem powerful enough imo (but that may be down to the original being a dubstep track and im used to that)Overall, i like all th tracks tbh all quit ebig and there aint nothing id say needs changin other than the Cling Sling track, feelin the tracks though so nice one

Guest Hideo Kojima

dont realy like the strings in the intro, but they sound good when the beat has dropped and they come in now and again...also i think its would suit a harder 'funky house' beat.... im talking typical hed kandi....dosnt realy suit a 'tribal' beat.