Fifa 09

HangTheDJ

FIFA 09 the latest installment of the top selling football franchise is being developed at EA Canada and is boasting over 251 improvements from FIFA 08. Over two weeks ago the game was shown at the EA Gamers Day. Here are the latest rumours circulating about the game:- Improved physics system. FIFA 09 has an improved physics system which affects both players and the football itself allowing for beautiful, powerful and deveastating shots and unprecedented levels of realism during a match.- Improved animation system. The brilliant animation system seen in FIFA 08 is improved upon to include hundreds of new animations for players that further add to the simulation feel of the game.- New player faces. 3D player modelling is vastly improved and now offers unbelievable similarities to the real life counterparts.- Increased response times and game speed. Player response times have been increased to increase the flow of the game as in real life, while game speed has been tweaked from FIFA 08.- Improved graphics, lighting, textures and crowd. Overall graphics have been improved upon once again. Lighting changes in real-time depending on the time of the match. Crowds in the stadium have been redeveloped for the new entry.- Player height and weight. Player weight and height plays a cruical role in aspects such as aerial challenging and strength on the ground.- Visible referee, linesman, staff and dugouts. For the first time in the FIFA series referees, linesmen, subs and ground staff are all visible. All have distinct animations such as subs warming up for their arrival.- Weather options and pitch affects. FIFA 09 now includes weather options such as rain and snow which change conditions during the games progression. In addition the pitch is now affected and becomes more worn during wet matches and slide tackles.- Increased number of teams and stadiums. As the same during every release FIFA 09 will increase the number of licensed club and international teams as well as their official corresponding stadiums.- Changes to Be A Pro and Manager Mode. FIFA 09 will bring new changes to Be A Pro and Manager Mode such as camera angles and enhanced options.- Enhanced online modes. FIFA was the first football game to allow upto 5vs5 online and now this is taken up a gear with full 10vs10 online. Matches now have options for simple 1 player matches, 2vs2, 5vs5 and 10vs10 online games.- Interactive Celebrations. As seen in UEFA Euro 2008, interactive celebrations will be incorporated into FIFA 09.- Greatly improved edit mode. Edit mode has now been changed to incorporate a wealth of new options.FIFA 09 is set to become the ultimate football simulation. New previews will be released along with first screenshots by the end of June 2008.- Improved Artificial Intelligence system. AI systems have been recoded and act far more realistically. AI now take actions based on the score and change formation as appropriate. Attakcing and defensive measures are used as well as risk assessment.- Advanced tactics editor. Attacking and defensive styles as well as changes to formation can now be changed on the fly. Risks can be chosen as well as new changes to set pieces.- Less loading. FIFA is now more streamlined and more efficient and as a result there is less pause and play due to the fewer loading screens.Recent FIFA 09 news has been seen on magazines and online.OPM UK reported this:'FIFA HITS FORMWhisper it, but we're so impressed by EA's latest that the phrase 'Pro Evo beater' is being bandied around by OPM staff.'PSM3 reported this:'EA's latest silences its sternest critic...yes, us.'In a recent 1up podcast, FIFA 09 is meant to have a revolutionary new feature and was so good it was in for consideration for GOTY.
I doubt it'll truely overtake Pro this year, and I expect Pro to up its levels, but response time is the main reason I didn't even give Fifa a chance, and havent since 1999. Compared to Pro its as slow as a bitch, takes ages to react to your commands.Maybe they have finally sorted it out?If so I will definitely be giving it a proper look next year.But on the other hand Fifa comes out with this amount of hype every year, all the new features with impressive names, but they very rarely live up to the hype.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

biggest problem is online. sh*t having 10 out of 15 people online quit the match before the end by pulling out their ethernet cable because they werent gonna win.
cant be as bad as pro online though, no?
i dno wot do ppl do on pro ? the lag is definately alot less of a problem on fifa.

biggest problem is online. sh*t having 10 out of 15 people online quit the match before the end by pulling out their ethernet cable because they werent gonna win.
I just came up with how to address this. The player they was controlling goes down injured, game continues until the ball is kicked out of play. Think thats fair TBH

i dno wot do ppl do on pro ? the lag is definately alot less of a problem on fifa.
yeh the lag i meantatleast fifa is playable

yeh the lag i meantatleast fifa is playable
Oh seen nah never as bad as pro with lag. I cant bare pro online. still cant believe how much they flopped this year. Theres a few annoying things in fifa though, e.g. people able to foul you for 90 minutes online and they are unlikely to get a red atall. the penalty saving method. cutbacks r a killer on it. and the overrating of some players is ridiculous. Online is always gonna be annoying on football games though. The list of teams used online on fifa are barcainterliverpool man u arsenalchelseaACbayernand thats basically it. the odd time you'll get someone pick villa or porto etc but other than that its always one of that list. gets borin after a while playin the same teams and people usin cheap tactics to win. you get through on goal and they bring you down with the last man its no red card, just a yellow so you miss out on about 5 chances in the game by them using a different player to bring you down near goal.

I just came up with how to address this. The player they was controlling goes down injured, game continues until the ball is kicked out of play. Think thats fair TBH
if they pull their cable its instant disconnection lol cant play on with no connection to themtheir solution is to have a DNF % (did not finish) that tells you how many (percentage) of their games they have quit. but when you go to quick ranked matches (most used type) you cant see their DNF so it dont really make a difference. and if you quit in the first 15 it doesnt count as a quit as it classed as time to leave if there is lag in the match. that should be changed to 5 minutes dont take long to spot lag in a match, having it as 15 minutes makes people avoid scoring in the first 15 so the opposition dont quit its long.

if they pull their cable its instant disconnection lol cant play on with no connection to themtheir solution is to have a DNF % (did not finish) that tells you how many (percentage) of their games they have quit. but when you go to quick ranked matches (most used type) you cant see their DNF so it dont really make a difference. and if you quit in the first 15 it doesnt count as a quit as it classed as time to leave if there is lag in the match. that should be changed to 5 minutes dont take long to spot lag in a match, having it as 15 minutes makes people avoid scoring in the first 15 so the opposition dont quit its long.
Its f*ckedon fifa 07 it was 25mins LOLSometimes ppl wait till 15 mins over THEN open up there uTorrent and start lagging by purpose to win.

Fifa 08 is so sick, so no much inprovement needed, the only gripe I have is allowing to have your formation setup to be allowed to use online
thats the only thing they need the most really . . .would be nice to see refs on the pitch and one thing i like about pro u can take quick free kicks . . .and faces and body and skin tone they need to change alot . . .some light skin players are black BLACK ! ! !