FAO-: Anyone whos worked in a uniform with a logo

streets.

If you've worked for a company and had to wear a uniform anytime over the ast 6 years - you can claim back some money. Basically your company is supposed to wash your uniform for you, and if they dont then your entitled to claim moey back for what i'm assuming is "expenses"It will cost you no more then a first class stamp to do so theres no excuses not to do it. Those on Vip2/RWD who claimed back ££££'s using my template letter will tell you it's worth a try. Im sending off my letter first thing tomorrow although im pissed i didnt find out about this sooner because I aint worked in a "uniform" job for time now.You will usually get your money back by paying less tax during one of your pay packets although they MIGHT send you a cheque. I know someone who got taxed £120 less this month due to sending the letter below.

Your Name - StreetsYour Address - 666 Streets StreetDate - April 2008Inland RevenueTax Office Address(get the adress from your employer or pay slip etc)Dear Inland RevenueRE: Expenses AllowanceI have been employed at Blah Blah, in London since (Date of Starting at Employment). I am obliged to launder the uniform, which is supplied to me by the company. I therefore wish to claim an expenses allowance of £60 for each year since the above date. Blah Blah does not have any on site facilitys to launder my uniformYours FaithfullyYour NameYour Tax code
This letter usually only works if you've had to wear clothes with a company logo, because you have to prove to the taxman that you didn't wear the uniform outside of work, which is much easier to do with a Mcdonalds T-shirt then it is for a plain black t-shirt. Anyone who tries this, keep the rest of us updated.

Worked at Curry's over the Christmas periodStill got my PoloWill try thisHow do you kno how much?
I wasn't the person who made up this letter, so the person who did must just know nuff about tax. I think £60 is the clothing blah blah allowance for the year but dont quote me on that. I just know it's £60 per year your allowed to claim for.

If you've worked for a company and had to wear a uniform anytime over the ast 6 years - you can claim back some money. Basically your company is supposed to wash your uniform for you, and if they dont then your entitled to claim moey back for what i'm assuming is "expenses"It will cost you no more then a first class stamp to do so theres no excuses not to do it. Those on Vip2/RWD who claimed back ££££'s using my template letter will tell you it's worth a try. Im sending off my letter first thing tomorrow although im pissed i didnt find out about this sooner because I aint worked in a "uniform" job for time now.You will usually get your money back by paying less tax during one of your pay packets although they MIGHT send you a cheque. I know someone who got taxed £120 less this month due to sending the letter below.
Your Name - StreetsYour Address - 666 Streets StreetDate - April 2008Inland RevenueTax Office Address(get the adress from your employer or pay slip etc)Dear Inland RevenueRE: Expenses AllowanceI have been employed at Blah Blah, in London since (Date of Starting at Employment). I am obliged to launder the uniform, which is supplied to me by the company. I therefore wish to claim an expenses allowance of £60 for each year since the above date. Blah Blah does not have any on site facilitys to launder my uniformYours FaithfullyYour NameYour Tax code
This letter usually only works if you've had to wear clothes with a company logo, because you have to prove to the taxman that you didn't wear the uniform outside of work, which is much easier to do with a Mcdonalds T-shirt then it is for a plain black t-shirt. Anyone who tries this, keep the rest of us updated.
you my friend are a DON dointg this right now.

Worked at Curry's over the Christmas periodStill got my PoloWill try thisHow do you kno how much?
I wasn't the person who made up this letter, so the person who did must just know nuff about tax. I think £60 is the clothing blah blah allowance for the year but dont quote me on that. I just know it's £60 per year your allowed to claim for.
Find out from the person who did it or was it from MSE or something?

streets allow it fam i'm sure people have got more important things to worry about rather then if their company washes their Footloker or Mcdonalds uniform lol you telling me you ain't got a Washing Machine?
Maybe, but where I'm from £1 is a lot of money. And it is something to worry about.
Find out from the person who did it or was it from MSE or something?
its definatley £60 per year. So whatever you get back depends on how long you worked there.

streets allow it fam i'm sure people have got more important things to worry about rather then if their company washes their Footloker or Mcdonalds uniform lol you telling me you ain't got a Washing Machine?
bruv its money and we live in a country that is CONSTANTLY upping prices for this and that reason so just break even by doing your bit to get some back ennit? why anyone would not take up this opportunity is beyond me and the letter is not even hard to do just put in the info from your payslips (assuming you kept them) and let loose i for one have worked for many places over the last 6 years and the way i see itrent went uppetrols gone upgrand theft auto cost 45 quidetc etcyou cant NOT do this and complain about being broke.

I used to work at safeways. 2004-2006. Got made redundant at 18yrs old due to the whole Morrisons merger thing. Will i be entitled to anything? I work for neither company now. My uniform was the whole shabang; fleece, shirt, trousers.... I still have it all :-/

I used to work at safeways. 2004-2006. Got made redundant at 18yrs old due to the whole Morrisons merger thing. Will i be entitled to anything? I work for neither company now. My uniform was the whole shabang; fleece, shirt, trousers.... I still have it all :-/
ask yourself thisis it worth not bothering?

I used to work at safeways. 2004-2006. Got made redundant at 18yrs old due to the whole Morrisons merger thing. Will i be entitled to anything? I work for neither company now. My uniform was the whole shabang; fleece, shirt, trousers.... I still have it all :-/ and the payslips. I dont work now. education.

Can I claim this for every job I've worked at that made me wear a top with a logo? Coz I've had 3 (one which I'm still at).
i would assume soive worked in more places than that in 6 years so BOOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY looks like im gonna use that money for a ps3 seriously fam get that gwap.

Can I claim this for every job I've worked at that made me wear a top with a logo? Coz I've had 3 (one which I'm still at).
yes.if your work uniform had ANY kind of logo (even 1mm big) then you can claim. In fact even if your uniform DOESN'T have a logo you can still claim - it's just a lot harder.

yes.if your work uniform had ANY kind of logo (even 1mm big) then you can claim. In fact even if your uniform DOESN'T have a logo you can still claim - it's just a lot harder.
Will this affect the people I work for? I don't want my boss hooping and hollering at me when I start work next.If it doesn't, I'm sending 3 letters out first thing tuesday.

bruv its money and we live in a country that is CONSTANTLY upping prices for this and that reason so just break even by doing your bit to get some back ennit? why anyone would not take up this opportunity is beyond me and the letter is not even hard to do just put in the info from your payslips (assuming you kept them) and let loose i for one have worked for many places over the last 6 years and the way i see itrent went uppetrols gone upgrand theft auto cost 45 quidetc etcyou cant NOT do this and complain about being broke.
remember what we was saying about the bank charges thing and people saying it was long.sh*t, there is already a template there people. all u need to do is fill the gaps.people would feel no way sending 5 messages to some random myspace / msn chicks where they might not reply.when with this. u can type less and get some money. no brainer really.

Worked in Sports World International for a year. Quit in September(last year) to focus on my studies.I'm gonna go ahead and send off this letter.Moneys Money at the end of the day, no matter how small. can put the p towards Metal Gear Solid and some holiday shopping. Good stuff

remember what we was saying about the bank charges thing and people saying it was long.sh*t, there is already a template there people. all u need to do is fill the gaps.people would feel no way sending 5 messages to some random myspace / msn chicks where they might not reply.when with this. u can type less and get some money. no brainer really.
bruv that bar was so sick i feel like proposing to your mother for making you so you could say that.REALEST TALK YET.comfort zone is a bitch.

Will this affect the people I work for? I don't want my boss hooping and hollering at me when I start work next.If it doesn't, I'm sending 3 letters out first thing tuesday.
nah i doubt that and if you get fired for it EVEN BETTER then you can sue them and get even more gwap.truss its time to do things the AMERICAN WAY seriously.