Barca Sign Keita

Mr Q

Midfielder Seydou Keita has joined Barcelona on a four-year deal from Sevilla. The Mali international only moved to Sevilla from Lens last summer but he made such an impression that he was linked with several top clubs including Premier League trio Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham. Barcelona have now won the race for Keita's signature with reports suggesting he cost in the region of 14million euros (£11million). "Seydou Keita signed a contract committing him to Barcelona for the next four seasons, or until June 20, 2012," the Catalan club said in a statement. Keita, whose arrival could pave the way for Portuguese playmaker Deco to leave Camp Nou, is looking to carry his good form into next season. HappyHe admits there was interest from elsewhere but is delighted to be Barcelona's first summer signing. "I'm very happy because Barca is a big club," Keita told the official Barcelona website. "My decision is very important because I had offers from lots of clubs, but I've liked Barca for a long time. "I don't like talking because I don't think you should talk too much when you're not on the pitch. "I only want to say that I hope to bring a lot to Barca, as I have done with Sevilla."

Guest Tronics

Good signing, Keita has been immense this season.Shame Yaya might leave though, probably been Barca's best player this season.Would love to see him @ United but we're well covered in that department.He'll probably go Spurs or something.

yaya and kieta dont even play in same position keita had a decent season compared to how sevilla started keita plays a lot further foward then toure

Guest Sho Case

decent signing IMOhe will play his heart out,none of that complacent sh*t like deco he played well v us in CL & scored tooLOL @ if they don't keep yaya