Call Of Duty 5 Announced. Still Modern Warfare

Totty

Despite widespread rumors that the next Call Of Duty will head back to its WWII origins, Activision confirmed that Call Of Duty 5 is in fact underway and that it will keep its healthy "modern warfare" trend."For Call of Duty, we'll bring the intensity of the recent Call of Duty: Modern Warfare title to yet a new military theater, to engage our significantly larger user based, which nearly doubled last year as new users came into the franchise", said Activision CEO Mike Griffith."We'll launch on all four platforms we participated on in fiscal 2008 plus we will launch on the PS2 and the Wii. We'll drive category sales of downloadable maps and enhanced Call of Duty 4 retail SKUs."Call of Duty 5 will be available before April 2009 on the PC, Playstation 3, Playstation 2, Xbox 360, Wii and Nintendo DS.
Good news that they are still sticking with the same war theme.Interesting to see how they'll use the wii-remotes capabilities in conjunction with the game.Thoughts people.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good.I weren't planning on buying it before but I have been swayed by this news.

I seriously feel to email infinity ward and tell them not to make a next game.And jus bring out regular updates.I think they might try and over do it with the next game.We shall see.
Thats like saying u dont wanna see mgs5 become made.llow them n let em make a new game. new perks n ting. that one scorpzz was on bout time ago wud b sik, instead of helicopter get dogs to come and attack the other enemy players. dat wud be big.

nah come on seriously, i knw sony sold a few mill of them, but why are game developers still making games for the PS2, surely it takes time away from developing THIS GEN of consoles version ah lie?!!curse sony n their inflated prices n lack of backwards compatability

Guest Flat Eric
why do i thinkt hats fake?also why release it on the PS2?n wasnt COD4 released on the wii?
nah that was cod3 or 2..cant remember which.wasnt even multiplayerLOL AT CALLING DOGS.there should convoy type ting where u can call it and it takes u to any part of the mapthem big maps like overgrown deya

Guest haze-e
Halo 3 will still be betterFACTbest team muliplayer game around
If COD5 allows me to search for any type of game i want and can have them f*ckries custom games like we was having last night it will be better.

Guest haze-e
GOW is sh*t tbh i doint even know why poeple compare them completely different games imo
:D Yes COD4>>GOWBut GOW was one of the best games on X360 and i know for a fact (No fanboy) but Resistance or whatever exclusive FPS that is on PS3 is not better than it.GOW2 looks to be a delight on the eyes still.However im a COD man and now its Modern Warfare again im definatley purchasing.