Sign in to follow this  
TF S4DK

Terry to captain England

John Terry has been named as England captain for Wednesday's friendly against the USA.The Chelsea defender had been captain under Steve McClaren and this is the first time he will lead his country under Capello.Capello has decided to swap the captaincy around before naming a permanent skipper for the World Cup qualifiers with Steven Gerrard and Rio Ferdinand both having the captain's armband in his first two games in charge.Terry's appointment as captain will come as a massive boost to the player as he tries to recover from the heartbreak of missing his penalty in the UEFA Champions League shoot-out defeat to Manchester United last week.

f*ckin' ellRio should be the permanant captain for f*ck sake. the guys a prem/champions league winner and has been the most consistent england international this season. DIABOLICAL DECISION imofrom time man omitted carrick(another cl/prem winner) from the squad and includes man like jenas & huddlestone, the guys an idiot.Beg this Italian f*cks off.

them sympathy moves dere
but nevertheless
it aint for goodhes still rotatingim confident rio will be the captain whilst he is in charge

Guest haze-e
them sympathy moves dere
but nevertheless
it aint for goodhes still rotatingim confident rio will be the captain whilst he is in charge
C/S

Guest Tronics

Good policy by the gaffer to rotate the captaincy.Still confident that Rio will get it though.

f*ckin' ellRio should be the permanant captain for f*ck sake. the guys a prem/champions league winner and has been the most consistent england international this season. DIABOLICAL DECISION imofrom time man omitted carrick(another cl/prem winner) from the squad and includes man like jenas & huddlestone, the guys an idiot.Beg this Italian f*cks off.
The highlighted should and clearly has had no bearing on his decision. Ridiculous. The best performer does not necessarily make the best captain.

LOL @ you beg this Italian f*cks offMan is one of the best managers in the world. Maybe just maybe he knows what hes doing.

The highlighted should and clearly has had no bearing on his decision. Ridiculous. The best performer does not necessarily make the best captain.
Obviously, but I don't agree with this whole rotation captaincy thing.Rio has captained the english/european champions quite a few times this season and has done a good job. My opinion is that Rio should be made the english captain permanantly.I guess he gave the captaincy back to terry cos he feels bad for him.Meh...

Despite him being an utter c*nt. im sure terry is a good captain.

LOL @ you beg this Italian f*cks offMan is one of the best managers in the world. Maybe just maybe he knows what hes doing.
All of these so called 'best managers'/highly regarded managers are prone to mistakes/bad decisions.Look at our friend Rafa

Capello knows what he's doing, he will soon see Terry for the useless moronic shithead that he is and give the captaincy to someone worthy.

Obviously, but I don't agree with this whole rotation captaincy thing.Rio has captained the english/european champions quite a few times this season and has done a good job. My opinion is that Rio should be made the english captain permanantly.I guess he gave the captaincy back to terry cos he feels bad for him.Meh...
Lol Rio's a sh*t captain. The team did will IN SPITE of Rio being captain, not due to him. I don't agree with rotating captains but just because United won titles and Rio was somehow captain does not make him a better captain. Your logic is retarded.

Gerrard will get it ultimately.
Think he plays better with the armbandbut i dont even care if he plays for england.

No Carrick?Immediate send for this Italian idiotLOL @ Huddlestone/Jenas being better than Carrick

f*ck giving it to Steveinfact hope he retires from International footballbut its never going to happen Owen brainwashed himshould take a leaf out of Carra's book

LMAO i swear there was rumours going around that rooney was gonna be captain for this game.