Djourou "Erm... Arsene I wanna play in midfield"

TF S4DK

Johan Djourou claims he is an option for a holding role in Arsenal's midfield next season.The Switzerland international is looking forward to representing his country in Euro 2008 but has his sights fixed on a place in Arsene Wenger's starting line-up next term.After injury hampered his progress on returning from a loan spell at Birmingham City, Djourou believes he can provide a couple of options for Wenger due to his versatility."Playing in front of the defence is the position where my qualities are expressed best," said Djourou, who is usually seen as an out-and-out defender."Arsene Wenger says this to me too. Unfortunately, we do not play a system which enables me to hold this spot, like Claude Makelele does with Chelsea."I have not had many possibilities of showing my midfield capabilities. I hope my chance will come in the next few years. My great concern today is not to know if I play in defence or midfield, in the team or on the bench."I am only 21 years old," he told Tribune de Geneve. "I have learned much already and always learn."The situation will be different when I am 26 or 27 years old. At this age, one wants to be fixed on the pitch and be able to exploit his potential to the full."Wenger had assured me that I returned [from Birmingham] to play but an injury kept me out for three months - it is football."Djourou has no intention of leaving Emirates this summer despite the fact that Mathieu Flamini has departed and Alexander Hleb looks to be on his way out."My future is with Arsenal as my contract binds me with them until 2013," he stated.

Guest Cousin Of Sleep
Johan is a good player. hasnt progressed as much as i thought he would.You dont need a DM as such. you need a box to box guy, that can defend and get stuck in.I hope Diaby steps up
And
he's good u know. when i seen him in midfield for the reserves was a powerhouse viera ting. obviously its not that tho.
:D