RVP Speaks on Wages

Flojo

Arsenal star Robin van Persie has risked ruffling some important feathers at the Emirates by insisting the club must be prepared to spend more on salaries in order to prevent from finding themselves in a state of constant upheaval.The Dutch international's open criticism came just a day after the Gunners' finance director insisted that the club would not break their strict wage structure, suggesting that the long-term implications outweigh the short-term benefits. The overwhelming belief is that new Milan midfielder Mathieu Flamini only left Arsenal for the money and that Alexander Hleb is set to follow suit. Now, Van Persie has warned that this trend will likely continue, unless Arsenal are prepared to stop 'nickel and diming'."They should make sure that these players stay,” said Van Persie. “Arsenal have a policy in which they will not go over a specific amount of money when agreeing the salary of a player."They won't pay enormous amounts of money. I think that they should go to a higher level of salary."If you want to keep the group together, you have to keep them happy. If you are 27 or 28, I can understand that you would make the decision to go elsewhere if you can earn three or four times as much."If that sort of money was also paid here, I'm sure that person would stay."It is the principle. It is very important that Arsenal keep these guys. This group is unique. If a number of them leave, it will be different."I think of myself as an Arsenal man but Arsenal should also try to make sure that we all grow together."

C/S pretty much everything he says. Don't want to end up like chelsea with distinctly average players getting paid top wages, but we do need to reassess our wage cap.I assume we want to be one of the biggest clubs in the world, but we seem unwilling to match even smaller clubs like when it comes to wages

Every year the board and Wenger say they have money and every year Wenger doesn spend big yet we stillhave this 'cap' on salaries. Id understand if we spend more on wages but its either we havent got that much money or the board/Wenger's policy needs to change.

C/S what he says also tbhThese days football is about money and success.. love for the club is pretty much limited to fans (not even all of them)If you can get more money and have an equal or greater oppertunity of winning things why should you stay?

But apparently we spend more on wages than liverpool and are basically on level with united or just below or somethingi dont believe that personally
Is rather strange. Would like to see the amount players at our club do get.Flamini was on £20k a MONTH.

But apparently we spend more on wages than liverpool and are basically on level with united or just below or somethingi dont believe that personally
Is rather strange. Would like to see the amount players at our club do get.Flamini was on £20k a MONTH.
f*ck*ng hell that can't be true!If so, lol at and us and I feel no hate towards Flamini anymore.Rvp is spot on too.

The wages Fiszman was talking about was for the year of 2007. When we was paying Henry 200k a week and Ljungberg 70k a week.Since they have since left and Liverpool have added Torres, I'll wage bill will be much lower next year, Fiszman just trying to pull the wool over people's eyes...Anyway as much as Robin has a point, Arsenal have always reward players for success, loyalty and performance - Only player that broken that rule was pretty much Gallas, and they really didnt wanna pay Gallas what he wanted, but time was very much against them and Cashley was going and the club knew it had to be a eye for an eye...Along with Gallas the next top earner, who does fill that criteria is Gilberto.Hleb hasnt won us anything not a single thing, sure he deserves a pay rise, but not to the level he thinks he's entitled too, especially when “Alex has spent three good seasons at Arsenal and he wasn’t sure he could maintain the same level that he has been showing if he stayed." SMH.

The wages Fiszman was talking about was for the year of 2007. When we was paying Henry 200k a week and Ljungberg 70k a week.Since they have since left and Liverpool have added Torres, I'll wage bill will be much lower next year, Fiszman just trying to pull the wool over people's eyes...Anyway as much as Robin has a point, Arsenal have always reward players for success, loyalty and performance - Only player that broken that rule was pretty much Gallas, and they really didnt wanna pay Gallas what he wanted, but time was very much against them and Cashley was going and the club knew it had to be a eye for an eye...Along with Gallas the next top earner, who does fill that criteria is Gilberto.Hleb hasnt won us anything not a single thing, sure he deserves a pay rise, but not to the level he thinks he's entitled too, especially when “Alex has spent three good seasons at Arsenal and he wasn’t sure he could maintain the same level that he has been showing if he stayed." SMH.
But out of all the big clubs in Europe only Arsenal seem to lose a first team member every year.2008 - Flamini, (Hleb?)2007 - Henry2006 - Ashley Cole2005 - Vieira2004 - 2003 - 2002 - Sylvinho2001 - Overmars, Petit2000 - AnelkaYes we have replaced a lot of these players, some like for like, some better and some worse but all players mentioned were big players at the club at the time of the departure and a lot of the players are still producing the goods.

Flamini was on more than 20k a month.Dare I say he was on around 15-20k a week. I say this cos Arsenal rarely want to triple any signings wage in one contract, which is why they copped out at going beyond 45k originally and then reluctantly went to 50k a week.

But out of all the big clubs in Europe only Arsenal seem to lose a first team member every year.2008 - Flamini, (Hleb?)2007 - Henry2006 - Ashley Cole2005 - Vieira2004 - 2003 - 2002 - Sylvinho2001 - Overmars, Petit2000 - AnelkaYes we have replaced a lot of these players, some like for like, some better and some worse but all players mentioned were big players at the club at the time of the departure and a lot of the players are still producing the goods.
Anelka wasnt money, it was a different league and "better" team hype.Overmars & Petit represented GREAT value.Sylvinho had become second string and question marks over his passport...The club decided Vieira staying was doing more harm then good and Wenger agreed. To an extent I agree. You'd be better using Edu as the example that year.Cole was a series of mistakes from a lot of parties. It ended up not even being about money anymore. I totally 10000% agree with the club on Cole tho and that aint even Cole hate.Henry was becoming like Vieria, but it was his decision to leave.Again I agree totally with the club on Flamini.

Flamini was on more than 20k a month.Dare I say he was on around 15-20k a week. I say this cos Arsenal rarely want to triple any signings wage in one contract, which is why they copped out at going beyond 45k originally and then reluctantly went to 50k a week.
Only going on by what I heard from 2 journos. Only come out when he did decide to leave the club.

C/S pretty much everything he says. Don't want to end up like chelsea with distinctly average players getting paid top wages, but...
But nothing! I'm sorry, but they've won NOTHING, achieved good football, but no trophies to go with it.A man telling his employers up his pay or he's off is disgusting. Where's the loyalty? Personally, if you're not here for the club, and are willing to leave over money, f*ck off innit. Unfortunately this seems to be football in general nowadays.----------------------------------------------------Hleb had a good season, but still no end product.Adebayor hit 30+, but still missed 5 times that amount.Gallas has yet to show me he's worth £80k a week.All these man need to improve, f*ck the talk about paying them top wages after a half decent season when there's SO MUCH ROOM for improvement. f*ck off back to where we found you and wait for someone else to make you what you've become.ONE good season, couple top teams on par with us but with greater appeal and history, and we're hearing this talk.f*ck off then. Coz as far as i'm concerned we'll be playing the same football with OR without you. KNOW THIS.

i hear what he's saying but wages need to be sensible. noy stingy but sensible all these new school 90-120k contracts that started being handed out by Manchester United champions of the world, chelsea, and the big european clubs is dumb i dont see any player being worth that.when henry was at his best at arsenal mans new contract was 60-65k. now that is seen as just average. players should be happy on 50k. a guaranteed starter of value should get at least 50k now because the club generates alot of money.i'd rather give the players some pees and take some off the old white men. plus u have to see it from both sides players dont wanna end up like steve claridge playing til there 50 because they didnt make enough pees or didnt manage there pees right. and i think most would rather make so much that management of money dont matter rather than spend/invest wisely.

C/S pretty much everything he says. Don't want to end up like chelsea with distinctly average players getting paid top wages, but...
But nothing! I'm sorry, but they've won NOTHING, achieved good football, but no trophies to go with it.A man telling his employers up his pay or he's off is disgusting. Where's the loyalty? Personally, if you're not here for the club, and are willing to leave over money, f*ck off innit. Unfortunately this seems to be football in general nowadays.----------------------------------------------------Hleb had a good season, but still no end product.Adebayor hit 30+, but still missed 5 times that amount.Gallas has yet to show me he's worth £80k a week.All these man need to improve, f*ck the talk about paying them top wages after a half decent season when there's SO MUCH ROOM for improvement. f*ck off back to where we found you and wait for someone else to make you what you've become.ONE good season, couple top teams on par with us but with greater appeal and history, and we're hearing this talk.f*ck off then. Coz as far as i'm concerned we'll be playing the same football with OR without you. KNOW THIS.
If a trainee employee steps up to a more senior role and improves the turnover of a company of course it makes sense to ask for a raise. Loyalty in football is in many respects is complete bollocks cos in truth it only works one way. Do you see clubs holding onto players who they don't think are good enough? No, they sell them when they've had their use of them. At the end of the day these players have performed well, exceeded the expectations of most people and are maintaining Arsenal's status as a top Premier League club.The majority of players aren't gonna pass up opportunities to earn more and have a better chance of winning the top honours based on loyalty, especially when the club concerned is paying them wages you'd expect a good player at a team pushing for the UEFA Cup to earn.

If you was talking about a youith team player then yeah, but you talking about a player who signed at 24 is probably on anything from 20-35k a week and when he joined Arsenal, signed a five-year deal...Until this season he hasnt exactly warranted a improved contract as he had years running on his current, this season he has performed, won nothing but he has performed, and has two seasons remaining, no doubt in my mind the club this summer had intentions to improve his contract, however before the season could end he been eating ""that guy"-cream" with Inter officials before a huge game for his current employers and letting his agent very disrespectfully engineer him a move with very weak excuses.While loyalty in football is very much a thing of the past, and I see both side of this, this is more about respect for the team your playing for, the team that has been paying your wages for three years and stuck with you during your poor performances and adapting to the league... Reality is if Hleb had not been caught, waited till the end of season, saw what was on offer from the club then decided you know what, I gotta do me, I'm 27 my next move could be my final big one & this club dont exactly keep players beyond 30 years, and then asked for a move, I personally would have no issue with him. Actually right then I'd be looking at the club and Wenger.

...this is more about respect for the team your playing for, the team that has been paying your wages for three years and stuck with you during your poor performances and adapting to the league... Reality is if Hleb had not been caught, waited till the end of season, saw what was on offer from the club then decided you know what, I gotta do me, I'm 27 my next move could be my final big one & this club dont exactly keep players beyond 30 years, and then asked for a move, I personally would have no issue with him. Actually right then I'd be looking at the club and Wenger.
Good response.Exactly my point. Mans been average for a couple years, one good season and it's "I know they stuck by me and knew I could improve and they helped me do that, but f*ck it i'm off anyway".