R&B singers making dance/house inspired tunes

violet

that chris brown "forever" song is hard but that mite be down to pollow da don who is massive on the buttonsi dont mind this influence to be honest its more creative than the generic make-sweet-love-lick-chocolate-honey-syrup-off-the-bum-cheek kinda r&b that dominates the radio

I dont think its a bandwagon ting...They have been doing it for years, its just that we dont get to hear all of them.. Dance & House is massive in states, bigger then what it is over here...I remember when Bobby Browns '2 can play at that game' touched uk... sick track!

nah i don' mind the songs either...i think their goodand most genres of music draw inspiration from other genres its good for musicbut the chris brown and ne-yo tracks just struck me as a bait bandwaggon thingbecause rihanna's song was so bigjudging by the music they released beforebut maybe thats just me being over critical

I ain't never heard Dance music in New York boy.I lived there for 3 months as-well.True-say it is a stupidly big place and you only really need to listen to one station so I guess i weren't really looking for itbut I would most defo agree that its to deal with the European market, yanks can't surely check for thisI hated Rihanna's, don't mind Ne-Yos and I'm bout to listen to Chris Browns....

theres always been unofficial dance remixes tho. This time the artists are doing it themselves innit.
Labels do that, very few cases where the artist does it. I know Alicia Keys did it with Ghetto Story, No One and You Dont Know My Name 'cause she loves reggae. I remember when Streets and TF were tryna tell me she did Ghetto Story to get more club presence lol.

Heres my take...These styles are for people not involved with the genre its aimed at.For EG.Wiley - ROLEXIts aimed at people who already like wiley and will say this is cool its differnet from his usual style its good to see him branching to different genres.BUTIf you went to a industry standard house night...away from student nights. YOU WOULD NOT HERE THAT TUNEIts a house tune FOR grime fansSame way so much good dubstep is made by techno artists but it would never ever reach onto the "UK DUBSTEP" market.People dont really welcome outsiders in genres of music.Its not fun but at the same time this is why we have so much pigeon holing in music today

Deffo a bandwagon ting. Swear Beyoncé hopped on it as well. Yank music is sh*t really
from when your makin sweepin statements like this nothing you say is valid tbh
House music came from America so how can americans be "jumping on the bandwagon" if the genre came from there in the first place?
*old skool diss* I swear theres a fly in the room, can anyone else hear it?

Deffo a bandwagon ting. Swear Beyoncé hopped on it as well. Yank music is sh*t really
from when your makin sweepin statements like this nothing you say is valid tbh
House music came from America so how can americans be "jumping on the bandwagon" if the genre came from there in the first place?
*old skool diss* I swear theres a fly in the room, can anyone else hear it?
90's baby